He Had Her At Hello(?)

Everybody Wants Soo

[Requested by REI_MICHIRU! Wang Yo X Hae Soo (an AU where he wasn’t already married). 1. Soo had been staked on his eyes and heart from their first meeting and he convinces Soo come out of her room (sets in episode 1). 2. Yo and Soo develops an awkward friendship after Myung-Hee passed away. 3. Yo saw Soo getting along with So, bringing the green in his heart.]

 

1. 

When the rumors of Myung-Hee’s cousin reached to the palace before the marriage of Wook and Myung-Hee, the third prince was quite curious of this mysterious girl. And when he finally had seen her, he could describe her as an obedient and quiet girl in which he was a bit disappointed of, but when he saw Soo’s rather rebellious nature, he looked at her with interest. She had been nice to Yeon-Hwa and Myung-Hee but when no one’s looking, she would go outside the palace and cause some misadventures. When he tried to ask for her name, she hurriedly scurried away with bold attitude and hang out with her servants.

When the day of sprit ritual was approaching, he saw Soo again but this time…she was at Damiwon. She had been drowning under the spring water, soaked and quickly ran away with Chae-Ryung. Yo was about to call out but she was gone. Later, he heard that Hae Soo had lost her memory from the drowning, meaning she wouldn’t know why she was at Damiwon. He sent his servants to investigate whether someone might have attempted to drown her or she had accidentally fell in. 

Slightly concerned, Yo came to eighth prince’s residence only to found Chae-Ryung, Wook and his wife Myung-Hee stood outside the girl’s chamber. They looked surprised to see him as he entered. Giving them one last look, he asked for them to leave as he wanted to settle it on his own. With focused eyes, he raised his one leg and kicked the door, breaking down as it surprised the girl. Yo entered with calm expression, facing Soo’s teary, surprised doe-like eyes. He always stiffened at her large, watery eyes but brought his composure back.

“W…who are you?” Soo asked in wary tone.

Briefly, Yo’s eyes turned darkened, slightly upset that it was true she lost her memory. Meaning, she had also forgotten about him. With his prim smile he replied.

“I’m Wang Yo, the third prince…”

She only looked down as she kept crouched herself.

“You should know you can’t keep yourself locked inside forever,” he said sharply as he leaned forward, “so come out.”

Soo glanced at Yo with suspicious glare. Biting her lips, she continued to stay wary of him. Noticing her behavior, he formed a rather boyish smile.

“Come now, I won’t bite.”

With a playful remarks, he reached out his hand to her. Soo blinked her eyes at him. She thought this man was some snobbish, arrogant, and drop dead shallow in the end of the gene pool. But seeing such youthful grin, she decided to trust this man for now as she was determined to live again, not as 21st century woman, but as Hae Soo. She accepted his hand, much to his relief and utter satisfaction.

“See? Was that so hard?”

Soo frowned at him, receiving his half-hearted chuckle. He dragged her out, meeting her cousin, Wook and Chae-Ryung. They seemed glad to see Soo but at the same time, confused at Yo and Soo’s interaction. Wook was the first the speak up.

“Brother, do you know her? Since when?”

With a smirk, he glanced at poised girl then replied.

“Let’s just say we used to bump each other before.”

Wang Yo knew it would be interesting to have her hop around. For he couldn’t wait to see more from this interesting girl.

 

2.

Time fleets and Soo wished it had been stopped. In her white funeral hanbok, she stood beside Wang Wook and watched her cousin’s coffin devoured by the flames. Closing her eyes, she let the tear streamed down. Little did she knew, the pair of dark onyx eyes were on her which belongs to none other than Wang Yo. The day funeral, the third prince were looking for the girl who went to the eighth prince’s residence. 

Yo then heard the giggling from the pavilion. He turned to see Soo laughing along with Eun who was holding two puppets, along with Jung and Baek-Ah. Yo frowned, for she had never been smiling to him. He then made a loud cough, catching their attention. Soo’s smile faded immediately, replaced with frown. The third prince almost winced at her expression but kept his composure as he looked at his brothers.

“Wook is looking for you boys…,” Yo spoke with stern voice, “come inside..”

With that, the three young brothers left before giving Soo their goodbye. She made a small smile as she waved her hand back. As they were gone, she looked up to see Yo.

“Is there something you want to fuss with me?”

Yo was taken back with her bold question. Her arms were crossed over her chest, giving him a questioning look. He briefly looked away as he found himself wondering why he have come all the way here to see her. Finding the good reason why, he began to speak.

“I have come to tell you that since your cousin’s death, you were required to choose either stay at one of the prince’s household or leave.”

Soo squinted her eyebrows.

“I saw your cousins here to ask for the king’s permission to take you back.”

Her eyes grew wide then. If the king agreed, then she will be forced to leave. Leaving the ones she care and love. If she’s gone, who will play with Jung, Baek-Ah and Eun? Who will take care of Wook? Most of all, who would help Wang So?

“But the king refused,” Yo continued with smirk, “for he found your talent a waste not to be used in palace.”

“Excuse me?”

“Your choice, either you choose to stay at one of the princes’ household or leave.”

He looked up and saw the rain cloud invading the sky.

“It’ll be raining soon,” Yo said, “for now, come.”

Before she could say anything, he grabbed her hand and dragged her inside his residence. She almost scoffed at his somewhat impulsive behavior but sighed with grin. She stopped as they arrived to his household in the palace. Soo’s mouth hug open for a brief moment. The third prince’s residence was larger than Wook’s, and has more decorations with the hall decorated with the painting of dragons.

“Come in.”

Soo merely nodded her head. ‘So this is your home, eh? Sheesh, talk about rich brat…’ She thought as she rolled her eyes, entering the house. They arrived to the tea parlour where the chamber was also decorated with exquisite furnitures and potteries. Yo, with a grin, gestured her to come and sit.

“What? I recall one day you told my brothers it was proper to let the lady in first.” Yo reminded with pompous tone.

She huffed as she came in and sat on the wooden chair as he sat beside her. Looking at him, Soo formed a small smile. ‘I guess this is his own way to comfort me huh?’ She thought as she saw Yo commanded the servants to bring whatever the pastries she likes, with his glare and authoritative tone of his voice.

“Prepare the pastries. All from every type of them.”

Soo stared at him, aghast.

“Excuse me? I can’t eat all of them!”

“Then, you can eat each one of them and keep others for yourself.” He replied with slight shrug of his shoulders.

hung wide at his blunt answer. The servants arrived with dishes of diverse pastry and set them on the round table. She almost wanted to faint but she stood still. The third prince gently shoved one particular dish to her.

“Try this one first.” He spoke in a commanding tone.

“Oh…you and your spoiled attitude,” Soo rolled her eyes, “alright…as you wish.”

She took one bite on the pastry she picked.

 

3. 

The third prince put his brush down when he heard Hae Soo chose to stay at the fourth prince’s residence. Out of suspicion, he asked Jung if it was true, the fourteenth prince confirmed that he had seen Soo talking to So at his quarter. One time, other princes visited the fourth prince’s residence after its construction was complete. They entered and surprised to see Soo, in her modest yet beautiful hanbok, brewing teas and baking pastries for him. Mu and Baek-Ah seemed to be happy that both Soo and So spend their time together. Jung, Eun, and Wook seemed unsettled but not as irritated as Yo who often glared at the two whenever they share the laughter as she made a joke.

Another day, most of the princes came to the Astronomer Tower. Ji-Mong was introducing yet another inventions that captured Jung, Baek-ah and Eun’s attention. Then he pulled out a hand scope and tried on outside. The astronomer noticed the two outside as he blurted out.

“Wait…aren’t they fourth prince and Lady Soo?”

The princes gathered towards the window and saw the direction of the scope it pointed towards. They witnessed So and Soo walking towards the garden with smile. Yo snatched the scope from Ji-Mong’s hand and tried to see their face. Soo, with mischievous smile, tapped So lightly and hopped around.

“TAG! You’re it!” She squealed

With smirk, So followed her and easily caught her. For all prince, seeing So smile widely was unusual. Yo who had seen the two, only gritted his teeth with his mouth made a thin line. Glaring at them with envy, he was about to figure out what will he do. In which he did, but it only stimulated his jealousy. He confronted Soo as he warned her about the rumors of So; his reputation as a wolf-dog, killed his horse when he arrived to Song-Ak, etc. However, Soo retorted she had seen his scar and was clearly not afraid of fourth prince.

“Yo! My son, what matter you have come to ask me for?”

Yo greeted his mother at night. He had always told her without any support he wanted to take whatever he wanted; the throne, and people’s heart, in which his mother was proud of. With determined smile he began to discuss the matter he had been thinking of, which was related with his marital status.

Next day, the letter was sent to So’s residence. His expression grew darkened when he read what had said. Soo came in and read the texts in which it almost caused her friend Chae-Ryung faint. It was the king’s decree.

“I consent of the marriage between the third prince Wang Yo and an heiress of Hae Clan, Lady Hae Soo.”

Even the princes were shocked at the news. Jung wanted to ask Yo if it was true but his older brother dismissed him. Mu was worried for the girl for he had known that his third brother was the type of a man to be very unreadable yet stubborn with obtaining whatever he wants. Baek-Ah was most likely concerned with So, for he knew his half-brother possess such fondness towards Hae Soo long time ago. Wook was among the most wanted to discuss more of this sudden news. However, Soo stopped them all for she was feared for their life if they try to disagree with the king’s decision as she decided to confront the third prince about the matter.

“I see you’ve gotten the king’s decree.”

“Listen, you pompous—”

Before she could argue anymore, Yo already stuffed with pastries. One by one. And this further annoyed her. Fuming, she chewed them receiving his smile. Yo had asked his mother for the king’s permission to let him marry Soo with four good reasons. One, her family had supported the king long time ago. Two, Soo has a great traits with talents. Three, if the Hae Clan refuse, he could threat them with their previous association with Khitan exploited. Four, he was doing Soo’s favor by preventing her from married to her cousin Hae Han. 

‘I can promise, that someday, I will make her the greatest woman of the country.’

Oh, he forgot another reason—

“Whatever,” Soo narrowed her eyes, “it’s not like you had me at hello.”

Well, he admits he had another big reason.

 

Note:
Done~! Hope you like this fic. I intentionally make it with humor/romance theme…