What Hurts the Most

Everybody Wants Soo

[Requested by onceuponakpopfan! SoSoo! This sets after the episode 8 where So told Soo to stay away from him. Rated T. Knowing his insecurities, Soo wants to help him overcame them but she wanted him to let it show to her. Warning: Unrequited Love MADNESS!!!]

 

Soo finished off her work in Damiwon. Every day, the fourth prince had been shut himself inside where no one could see or meet him. Ever since his rotten older brother used Prince Eun’s naivety to force him to take off his mask, whole thing grew sour. Even every prince could see her expression when she noticed his empty seat when he set the teas for them. She would always look towards the fourth prince’s seat and often neglected other princes’ existence. Baek-Ah and Mu always eyed her with sympathy, but the rest of princes seemed miffed with the fact that she was paying more attention to their fourth brother. Wang Wook was no exception. Whenever he would come to ask her to spend their time together, she would often decline his offer and kept focused on the cosmetics of herbal medicines for So’s scar.

“Your eyes…I despise them…, don’t ever look at me like that again…”

Soo sighed heavily as she still remembered what he had said before. She wanted to help. She wanted to help him to let go of his fear.

“Stay out of my sight…next time, I do not know what will I do to you…”

With her eyes narrowed in determination, she walked towards the fourth prince’s quarter. Baek-Ah asked where she was going but Soo told her she was going to see the fourth prince. The thirteenth prince literally dragged here away from the fourth prince’s chamber, worried for her but she kept moving forwards. Technically, they were tugging on one another unaware of Jung and Eun watching them afar.

After several minute of argument, Baek-Ah told her to come again at night when no one comes to his chamber. Satisfied with his reply, Soo decided to leave until the night comes. She was stopped by group of princes who were somewhat blocking her way.

“How may I help you?” Soo asked with her professional smile.

“You,” Wook began with unsettled tone of his voice, “seemed to get along with So.”

Soo blinked her eyes at Wook’s behaviors. He was looking away, averting her gaze. Jung and Eun was pouting and Yo looked dismayed.

“Of course I do,” Soo smiled, “I consider him as my friend.”

With that, she walked pass them but able to hear Yo’s muttering: “why does she even bother cavorting with him?” Soo then gave third prince a mocking expression as she stuck her tongue out. But she noticed the door of fourth prince’s chamber opened slightly, revealing So peeking. When their eyes met, So hurriedly but quietly closed the door. So sighed as his hand gently touched the left side of his face.

‘Friend, huh…’

As much as he didn’t want to admit, that word upset him even more.


Gently holding the tray of cosmetics she made, Soo walked towards So’s chamber. She gently knocked the door but there was no answer. Tilting her head, she opened the door only to find the fourth prince sleeping. Sighed in relief yet disappointment, she was about to turn back until she saw the cold sweat dripping from his forehead, Judging by his grim expression, she could see that he was having a nightmare. Of his face marred by his mother. Or held in hostage by both his mother Queen Yoo and adoptive mother Lady Kang. Concerned, Soo silently put the tray down on the table and walked over him. It almost pained her to see him struggling in his sleep but his eyes shot opened as she realized her fingers were close to touch his scar.

He sat up and his pair of dark eyes met her doe-like ones. Glaring, he gripped her hand that almost touched his face.

“Why did you come here?” So asked, frustrated.

“Because you worried me too much,” Soo replied as she frowned, “you made me feel uneasy because you avoid not only me but your brothers.”

“I told you to stay out of my sight,” So retorted as he glared even more, “didn’t you hear what I said earlier?!”

Then, Soo’s eyes turned darkened, much to his slight surprise. She leaned forward until their face was barely touched. Her eyes were piercing his.

“If I refuse?” She pronounced with every bold tone of her voice.

So was taken back.

“…what?”

“If I refuse to stay away, what will you going to do?” She asked.

Soo was now aware of his reluctance. Then her arms were surrounding is head and she made a soothing smile.

“You’ve been hiding too much. And I came here to help you…,” she could feel his shoulder shaking a little, “but it pains me to see you endure it all alone.”

He looked up to see her, ignoring the wet sensation around his eyes. It was the same eye he made when Soo tried to stop him from destroying the stone tower before. He had a look of lost pup, abandoned by its mother. Soo made a comforting smile, close as the eyes of mother attempt to soothe her child. He could smell the aroma of lilies from her; purity.

“What could make our fourth prince feel better…,” she wondered, her voice filled with concern and kindness, “I want to know.”

So bit his lips. His eyes were looking at her face…, later they were looking at her rosy lips that shamed the reddish rose.

“Tell me.”

He felt the thread of consciousness were cut.

‘Ah…’

His one hand touched her cheek.

‘I can’t hold back…’

His other hand were on the back of her head, pulling towards him as he leaned forward. His lips brushed to hers. She was actually surprised, but she couldn’t make any movement to resist. His arms were dragging her inside his bed, letting her lying on it. Now the kiss become more less chaste. When she briefly opened , he bit, , and her lower lips. His tongue then entered, tasting her until they couldn’t breathe.

He sat up but hands were gripping on her arms. He breathed heavily as he was looking down, staring at her eyes. Her cheeks were flushed with red as she was looking up at his glassy, black pearl-like eyes.

“If I continue…,” So asked quietly, “are you going to…leave me?”

For the first time, Soo heard the vulnerability in his voice. His usual cold eyes become glassy, tears came out and touched his scars. She had seen him making different expressions but she had never seen how empty but glittering his eyes could be, revealing his scars and innocence. His hair was unruly with several bangs were flowing from the ones that are tied back. But his innocent, marble-like eyes caught her off.

‘Prince So…’ she  trailed off from her thought as she glanced at him, ‘…he looks so small…like a boy…’

“I…love someone long time ago…” Soo confessed.

His eyes couldn’t be more confused, yet hurtful.

“but…,” Soo remembered Lady Oh’s words. How the palace could change the man, and how it will change Wook. Soo knew that ever since her cousin left the world all she could see was Wook see Myung-Hee in Soo. The eighth prince didn’t love her wholly, “this man cannot love me…and so was I for I couldn’t love freely.”

So remained silent at her confession. As much as he was pained to know her loving someone else, he didn’t care if he could substitute this…man she loves. For now, he only want her by his side. She was the only one who looked and touched his scars, showing no distaste, no fear to him. She offered him a sanctuary and he will accept it. 

“Are you…disgusted with me?” Soo asked as she gently closed her eyes.

‘No…’ So thought as if he wan answering. He leaned forward.

“Then,” he began as his hands touched her palms, “it’s alright for you to have me…”

Soo opened her eyes. She stared at his rather hopeful, and still the innocent eyes until it was replaced with yearning that raged upon him. His lips once again brushed onto hers. This time, she accepted. His mouth touched her upper and lower lip, sipped on the taste and reached for her ears. She whimpered as he kissed her neck, his tongue slid down. His hand unconsciously pulled off the small headdress as her long hair flew down unleashing yet another fragrance, stimulating the lust and love from his eyes.

‘Soo…’

She held his hand, kissed on his forehead with affection. So knew she didn't look at him the way he looked at her. But what he need the most, was the sanctuary, the illusion she bestowed on him.

‘…please…’

He closed his eyes, letting one tear escape.

‘…hold me…’

 

 

Note:
Another SoSoo fic! It is Hurt/Comfort thing but at the same time it is unrequited love MADNESS.