Date Chase

Everybody Wants Soo

[Requested by stevelisen! This is Modern AU where So/So-Ho and Soo/Go Ha-Jin remember each other. During their secret date, they didn’t know they were spied by So’s brothers, Soo’s friends and his parents. So-Ho and Ha-Jin went to the grand festival close to Museum of Goryeo History. Warning: TOO FLUFFY!]

 


 

Wang So-Ho* was waiting outside Ha-Jin’s apartment. He was wearing wine-red button-on shirt with his sleeves rolled, pair of black pants, and a rather fashionable leather shoes. Ever since they remembered each other, they have grown even more inseparable, but So-Ho insisted on letting their ‘dates’ in secret from his and her family. He checked his watch and sighed in anxiety.

“Sorry I was late~!”

Hearing her voice, So-Ho turned around and saw Ha-Jin running towards him. She was wearing a knee-lengthen one piece dress with ocean tide patterns, white vest with collar, pair of white heels and was clutching her hand-bag which its strap hung from her shoulder. She had a hairpin that was a replica of her old, Goryeo ones. Her face had a rosy cheeks and pink, pouty lips. Ha-Jin was waving her hand at him and So-Ho let out a smile.

Little did the couple know, his brothers, parents and Ha-Jin’s friends were looking at them afar, inside the close cafe. Ha-Jin’s worker, Chae-Yung* was peeking from the tree with Wang Jae-Won*. Ha-Jin’s friends Woo-Bi* and Seon-Duk* was giggling at the pair while drinking their sodas. Wang Sang-Wook was in the cafe with Myung-Ha* smiling as Wang Yo-Sub* didn’t care less, but dragged along with other brothers, Eun-Hyuk*, Baek-Ahn*, Jin-Mu*, and Jung-In*. Wang brothers’ only sister Wang Yeon-Hee* was with their mother Oh Soo-Young* and father Wang Tae-Geon*.

“I don’t why I put up with you all…” Yo-Sub groaned.

“Because you owe us…” Eun-Hyuk pointed out.

“Shh! They are walking to his car! They are going to Museum of Goryeo History!” Baek-Ahn shushed, focusing.

“How do you know?” Jung-In asked.

“I heard So-Ho talking to her on the phone they were planning on going to that place. He also said the museum was close to the amusement park so they would go there first!” Baek-Ah replied as he lead them all to the family’s limousine van, following So-Ho’s car. But not to reveal themselves, the limo purposely hid behind one car but kept in track.

While in So-Ho’s car, both Ha-Jin and So-Ho was silent. But Ha-Jin managed to spoke up.

“Do you have any plans for today?” She asked.

“I wouldn’t mind whether you want to go the amusement park first or not, but it’s your choice.” So-Ho replied.

“I was thinking of going to amusement park first and them to the museum at 3:30. There will be some festivities there also.” Ha-Jin smiled.

“If that’s the case, it’s good enough for me.” So-Ho grinned back.

He steadily increased the speed as the car drove to the direction of the parking lot. The van response as the brothers and Ha-Jin’s friends stopped and decided to follow the couple. So-Ho and Ha-Jin gotten their tickets checked in and entered the park. So-Ho asked if she was hungry and they decided to have a snacks at the deli. In disguise, his family and her friends were sitting at the corner as Eun-Hyuk used his camera and filming the two.

“I am quite surprised that my son and his girlfriend does not know we’re here…” Tae-Geon mused as he smiled.

“Can’t help them, they are too focused on one another.” Soo-Young giggled.

Ha-Jin was waiting as So-Ho held the tray of fast foods with one soft drink that has two straws. They grabbed their burgers and took their bite, having a short conversation. So-Ho’s smile grew mischievous as prompted her to drink together. His mouth had already grabbed the edge of the straw and Ha-Jin did the same. However, no matter how hard she tried to drink the soda it didn’t come up. Suspicious, she used to held up the straws, only to find his and hers connected together. The spying families tried their best not to laugh at So-Ho’s prank.

“Don’t play silly tricks!” Ha-Jin yelled, completely embarrassed, but he only laughed heartedly as he kept apologize.

“Oi, oi…,” Baek-Ahn mused, “that’s unusual from him.”

“So-Ho can be that childish around her.” Yeon-Hee giggled.

“Now, I feel jealous…” Chae-Yung whined.

“Why? Because I didn’t brought you here from our previous date?” Jae-Won frowned playfully at her.

The Wang family and Ha-Jin’s friend kept following and spying them over. The couple had rode many rides and the last time, Ha-Jin and So-Ho went to the “Haunted House”. To see them in the filmed CCTV they all went to see their expressions. Currently, Ha-Jin was crying as she literally hung herself around So-Ho.


 

The clock struck on three thirty and the couple went to the Museum. Ha-Jin kept wandering around in awe as she entered, followed by So-Ho. What they all noticed was the signboard held, “Wedding Events of Goryeo”. With the two grinned, they entered and saw people viewing the wedding robes made by the wedding suit/dress designers.

“Do you want to try on?” So-Ho asked.

Ha-Jin looked at him.

“Really?”

So-Ho nodded his head with smile. Then, Ha-Jin grabbed his hand.

“Then you should try on too!”

Flustered, he only walked along with her, who asked the designer if they could try. The designer happily agreed as she led Ha-Jin to the dressing room, telling the workers to begin. So-Ho followed the male designer and had himself dressed into a black wedding robes. The Wang family and Ha-Jin’s friends noticed them as they spied at the place no one could see.

“Oh god…, I think they are trying the Goryeo Wedding events!” Seon-Deok squealed.

Eun-Hyuk held the pamphlet and read.

“Here it says the couple can try on the robes and try the practice of the ceremony!”

The curtain opened, revealing So-Ho in his black wedding robes. He looked a bit bashful as looked at himself in the mirror. Tae-Geon could only smile as his sons tried their best not to laugh.

“The hanbok for the bride is done!”

The designer led Ha-Jin out of the dressing. She walked out, shy. So-Ho’s eyes could only wide, witnessing his person in the hanbok he wished he wanted to see for as long as he could remember. Ha-Jin has her hair tied up in buns, wearing blue wedding robes with the red edges of golden patterns Even the brothers and her friends who were spying on them, could gape at her.

“My, such a lovely bride.” Soo-Young smiled.

“My son seemed to pick a perfect mate.” Tae-Geon could only laughed heartily.

“I take my word back,” Yo-Sub admitted, “I didn’t know my little brother had such a good eye on woman.”

“Ha-Jin sunbae* is so beautiful wearing the wedding hanbok.” Chae-Yung mused.

So-Ho froze as he was watching his Ha-Jin.

“How do I look?” She asked.

Brought back to a real world, he could blinked his eyes that has grown watery a little bit. In his life as Wang So, he had always wanted to see his person in a wedding hanbok, standing beside him.

“You look…beautiful…” He managed to speak.

“Thanks…, y—you look great too.” Ha-Jin shyly muttered.

And the couple stood at the photographic spot, taken their picture. With their pictures taken, they had managed to get one for each other. Ha-Jin smiled widely in awe and looked at So-ho who silently looked at the photo. He was smiling happily as an innocent little boy, yet she could see a single tear from his eyes.

“So-Ho oppa*.” She spoke.

He looked up as he blinked back his tear.

“Sorry…just stuck myself in thoughts…” He smiled.

The worker came and told them the next even was a temple ceremony, much to the couple’s and the spying family’s surprise. Ha-Jin glanced at So-Ho, who seemed unexpected.

“Do you want to stop? It’s fine,” So-Ho formed a small smile, “I also had much fun here.”

Ha-Jin made a thought for a while, then decided for him.

“It’s just a rehearsal…so let’s try it.” She smiled.

So-Ho blinked his eyes again, then genuinely smiled.


 

The couple went back from the museum, to Ha-Jin’s house. His parents and brothers were already returned to their house, waiting for So-Ho. Tae-Geon was sitting on the living room couch with most of their sons sitting beside. Jung-In and Eun-Hyuk was doing their video game, competing against one another. Chae-Yung, Woo-Bi, Seon-Duk, Myung-Ha and Yeon-Hee was helping Soo-Young with the housework.

Baek-Ahn’s phone rang, incoming the text from So-Ho. He took his iPhone out and saw the message. His eyes were wide and slightly blushed.

“Baek-Ahn, what’s wrong?” Sang-Wook asked.

“Is something wrong with So-Ho?” Jin-Mu asked, concerned.

Baek-Ahn gestured his family to come and check the message. When they all reached, he revealed what So-Ho texted to him. They all had gaping expression. Though Tae-Geon only coughed at his son’s message, the brothers were stirred in noise. Even Ha-Jin’s friends and Yeon-Hee blushed at the text as Soo-Young giggled heartily.

“I’ll be back tomorrow…don’t text or call me overnight.”

Wang Brothers literally gone all rascal.

“WANG SO-HO!!!! WE’RE GONNA KILL YOU!!!!” The girls and Wang Brothers screeched as their shout rang around their house.

 

 

Note:
I changed the names for the majority of characters. Guess who is who~.
Sunbae* is an honorific word for the younger student/worker to use on their senior student/worker.
Oppa* is a Korean word meaning “older brother”, referred by girls. Soo calls So-Ho “oppa” as a way to call her husband.