An Important Evening

★☆Among the Stars☆★

“Let’s go back to my place. It’s too dangerous to talk out here.” He said, walking closer to you. You nodded and turned to get into your car.

 

“You want a ride? Or are you gonna turn into something and run there?” You asked, honestly curious. He gave you a small smirk before walking to the passenger side of your car as his answer. The drive was silent, not really awkward, but maybe a little ominous.

 

When you arrived at his house, he got out of the car and went in without a word. There was another car parked outside. Did he have company? Walking in through the front door confirmed that he did. Five rowdy boys were in his livingroom playing on an xbox and screaming at each other. You recognized one of them as Daehyun, the blonde that had saved you a few nights ago.

He looked up from the couch with a mouth full of food. When he caught sight of you his eyes widened and he glanced between you and Yongguk.

 

“I need to talk to them really quick, but I promise I will give you answers.” Yongguk said, looking deep into your eyes. You got lost in the little galaxies inside them and just nodded. When he went to gather their attention, you blinked and went over to sit at the kitchen table to wait.

 

Yongguk walked over and glanced among the men playing and shouting at each other’s moves. Then he promptly reached out and turned off the game system. Opposition exploded.

 

“Hyung! What the hell are you doing?!”

 

“I was about to win!”

 

“No, no, no, I had you beat.”

 

He held up a hand to silence them, glancing at you before speaking. “We have something very serious to talk about, guys.” He motioned for them to huddle in and they formed a circle around him. After about ten minutes, they broke apart and all walked over to you. They sat down with you, Yongguk sitting next to you at the head of the table. He exhaled sharply before turning to you.

 

“Okay, so what do you need to know?”

 

You glanced around at the other boys before returning your attention to Yongguk. “Do you all turn into animals?” You tilted your head to the side. You wanted to know more about them.

 

He blinked before nodding. “Yeah, each of us are a different animal.”

 

“Whoa…” You didn’t know how else to respond. “Does turning into an animal hurt? How long have you been able to do it? Can you only turn into one-”

 

He cut you off, holding up a hand to stop you. Chuckling, he glanced at the others before looking back at you. “Slow down there, girl. One thing at a time. Besides, shouldn’t your first question be whether we’re dangerous or not?”

 

Everyone looked at you expectantly but you shook your head. “No, you’ve already proved that you don’t want to hurt me. Heck, Daehyun saved my life the other night and tonight you just did the same! I owe you guys my life and with that comes at least a little bit of trust.”

 

It was silent for a solid minute as they just stared at you. You fidgeted, not knowing how to respond.

 

Daehyun spoke up and everyone turned to look at him. “I think you should just tell her the whole story, hyung. Get it out of the way.” Another boy next to him with brown hair nodded in agreement.

 

Yongguk sighed, running his hand through his hair before nodding. As he was about to speak another boy, this time with blonde hair, shorter than Daehyun’s opened his mouth. “How do you know we can trust her?”

 

Everyone looked at him, then back at you. Yongguk shrugged, “We don’t. But she is part of this now. We can’t just leave her in the dark.” Daehyun nodded in agreement while the other blonde huffed and sat back.

 

“First, introductions!” Daehyun said. The wait was killing you. At this point you didn’t care about anyone’s names, you just wanted your damn answers. “Rude Blondie is Himchan.” He smiled, pointing out the pouting male. “This kid is Youngjae.” He nodded to the boy with brown hair next to him. “At the end, we have Jongup on the right and Zelo on the left.” He pointed to a short, brown haired kid and a tall one with pink hair. “And I’m Daehyun, and I think you’ve met Yongguk.” He grinned as everyone muttered their hello’s.

 

“Can I talk now?” Yongguk asked, stress adding an edge to his voice. They all nodded and he continued, glancing at you quickly before looking at his hands folded on the table. “We aren’t from around here… And as you have probably figured out by now, we’re not normal.”

 

“So are you from a different country or something?” You asked, tilting your head to the side.

 

“Try different galaxy.” The one called Jongup piped up, earning him a glare from Yongguk and Himchan. You blinked, unsure what to do with this new information.

 

Yongguk evaluated your expression and decided to continue. “We come from a planet called Mato. It’s in the Orion Nebula. Or at least it was. For years, our planet had been at war with the inhabitants of the planet Sato, also in our system. Things got heated and they ended up blowing up our entire planet. We had just gotten into a spaceship and taken off when it exploded. The blast pushed us way off course and after a while we found Earth and crash landed near here.”

 

You just stared at him with wide eyes. “No way…” He shifted, glancing at the others for some help.

 

“We’ve been here for about five years now.” Daehyun said with a grin.

 

“Matoki are powerful warriors-” Youngjae said.

 

“No mercy for anyone-” Daehyun cut in.

 

“But we weren’t prepared for how weird Earth was-”

 

“It’s so weird, you don’t even know-”

 

“Alright, guys. Thanks.” Yongguk held up a hand to stop them and they looked at each other with knowing glances. “Anyway,” He returned his attention back to you. “We’ve been here for five years, but it seems that the Satoki may have found us.”

 

Then it clicked for you. “The other animals that attacked…”

 

“They were Satoki warriors.” The older boy nodded with a serious face. “The planets in your system and ours are similar, with the same climates and animal life. That’s why you’re able to recognize the animals we turn into.”

 

“Okay, I’m fine with everything so far. But now I have another question.” You said, your hands playing with the hem of your shirt as you looked down. “Why did they attack me?”

 

You raised your head to see them glancing between each other, seeming to communicate with just their eyes.

 

“We think it’s because you’re with Yongguk hyung.” The pink-haired Zelo finally said something.

 

“Ohhh, gotcha.” You blushed but couldn’t think of anything else to say and silence fell around the table. Your hands were now folded on top of the table and you stared at them, thinking hard. Suddenly Yongguk’s hand came into view and held onto yours.

 

“If I had known they were here, I never would have approached you. I’m so sorry.” His deep voice did sound apologetic and when you met his gaze his eyes were full of sadness and fear.

 

“I don’t regret meeting you, Yongguk. Or your friends, now, either.” You said, looking at all of them with a small smile. Shock was evident on their faces as they just stared at you.

 

“You’re gonna get killed, but you don’t care? You’d do it all again?” Himchan asked. You were beginning to get annoyed with this boy.

 

“Yes, as a matter of fact-”

 

“Nothing is going to happen to her.” Yongguk said suddenly, standing up. “I promise.” He looked into your eyes and though the fear was still there, he seemed a little more content. You smiled up at him, reaching out to hold his hand.

 

You glanced at your watch. It was nearly two in the morning and you sighed. “I have to get back home. Thank you all for trusting me with all of this information.” You looked around, meeting each of their eyes individually. They responded with smiles (except for Himchan, who just gave you a curt nod) and you grinned back.

 

“Someone should go back with you.” Youngjae said, looking at Yongguk. “If there was already one attack tonight, we should be cautious.”

 

“No, then whoever comes will be stuck at the bottom of the mountain.” You protested, not wanting to inconvenience them.

 

“Then I’ll go!” Zelo piped up and Yongguk nodded.

 

“That’ll work.” He smiled at you and pulled you toward the door with Zelo following behind you while you continued to try to argue.

 

At the driver’s side of the car you paused and looked up into Yongguk’s eyes. He stared back, bringing his hands up to cup your face. His thumb brushed against your cheek as he leaned in and softly pressed his lips to yours. You kissed him back and he smiled against your lips. Then he pulled you close, breaking off the kiss to hold you tightly against him.

 

“Text me when you get back home safely?”

 

You nodded and got in the car, Zelo already sitting in the passenger seat. After igniting the engine, you pulled away and started your descent down the mountain.

 

Zelo was happily looking out the window and humming along with the music flowing from the speakers. You looked over at him before deciding to just straight out ask him. “So why were you the best choice to come back with me?”

 

He grinned. “Because I’m the fastest!”

 

“What do you turn into?”

 

“A cheetah.”

 

“Wah, no way!!!” You looked at him in excitement. He nodded, a smile still on his face.

 

Then it faded away as it was his turn to ask a question. “Noona, how are you so okay with all of this? Isn’t it weird?”

 

“It’s weird as heck.” You replied honestly. “However, I’m an adventurous person. When I met Yongguk at first I was just drawn to him. I really like him a lot. Like I like like him.” You blushed as you to your street and continued to your driveway.

 

Once you pulled in and turned the car off, the two of you got out. Zelo walked around and flung his arms around you. “He like likes you, too, Noona. Which means I do, too.” He pulled away and smiled as you blushed lightly. “I’m going to get outta here, but I’ll see you soon. Hang onto my clothes for me?” You nodded and blushed even harder as he practically stripped in front of you. You looked away and held onto his clothes.

 

“Bye, noona! Be careful, okay?”


“Bye Zelo, it was wonderful to meet you.” You shared a smile and watched as he shifted. His skin became spotted and his face elongated into a cat-like snout. Pink fur shot out of his skin and suddenly a pink cheetah was on all fours in front of you. You clapped, impressed by the difference. You could have sworn you saw him smile at you when he glanced back at you with electric blue eyes before he dashed away, back up the mountain.

☆★☆★☆★

A/N: Hey guys! Long chapter, sorry ^^" Zelo is a cheetah because he raps fast as heck. ♥ Happy 5 year anniversary with B.A.P! ♥

Please let me know your thoughts!