First Encounter

★☆Among the Stars☆★

It had taken an hour to drive out to your usual spot in the mountains. It was one of your favorite places in the whole world; you had a 360° view and no light pollution to block out the stars. Plus the best part- no people. Settling down on the ground with a blanket and a star map, you stared up at the heavens with a contented sigh. Everything was so clear up here, it was perfect.

 

You heard a noise behind you and jumped. “The milky way is really clear tonight.” A deep voice came out of the darkness, making your heart beat faster. No one knew about this spot. This was YOUR spot.

 

“Who's there?” You asked, shining your flashlight in the direction of the voice. You stopped the beam and focused on a pair of jeans standing a few feet behind you. Turning the light up, a man held his hand up to shield his eyes.

 

“My name is Yongguk. I don't mean you any harm, so please stop trying to blind me.” He stated with an amused smirk.

 

“Sorry.” You flicked the light off and your eyes readjusted to the light given off by the stars.

 

“May I join you?” He asked in a polite tone while already walking towards you.

 

You inwardly sighed, resigning yourself to find a new hiding place to watch the nights pass by. “Sure, have a seat.” You returned your attention to the sky as he settled in next to you.

 

There was a solid, slightly awkward ten minutes of silence before you spoke, telling him your name. Looking sideways, you could see him smile at you and you blushed slightly as you studied his features. His hair was dark and coiffed perfectly to show some of his forehead. He was wearing a black v-neck t-shirt that showed well defined collarbones and biceps. Blinking quickly, you looked away, back up to the sky.

 

He lay down on his back, putting his arms behind his head as a pillow. “You can see more like this, you know.” He told you in his quiet, deep voice.

 

“Yeah?” You questioned, not feeling very comfortable just lying down next to a complete stranger. But you didn't want to be rude and ignore him so you gave a quiet sigh before lying back next to him. Damn, he was right.

 

“See? Now you don't have to crane your neck around to see Cassiopeia behind you.”

 

“You're right,” you admitted with a small smile, seeing one of your favorite constellations come into view. “It's gorgeous tonight.”

 

“It's not the only gorgeous thing out here tonight.” You heard him mumble quietly and quickly looked over at him in surprise.

 

“What?”

 

“What?” He smirked with an innocent look in his eyes. You smiled back and rolled your eyes, feeling oddly comfortable around him for some reason. You looked back up as silence fell over you again.

 

It must have been past midnight when you finally sighed and sat up. “I need to get going; I have a long drive back home.”

 

He sat up with you, a thoughtful look on his face. “Not to be weird, but you could stay in my guest room. I live in the observatory about 10 minutes from here. It's dangerous to drive in the dark down these mountains.”

 

You blushed, but shook your head. “That's very sweet of you, but I don't think I can- Wait, you live where?!”

 

“In the observatory. Well technically the house next to it.” He grinned as you stared at him in jealousy.

 

“M-maybe next time.” You blushed, looking away and gathering your things before you stood up.

 

He stood up with you and walked you to your car. When you opened the door, the interior lights came on, blinding you momentarily. When you looked back at him, your breath caught in your chest. Crap, he’s hot… Your mind was racing to try to keep your thoughts on track as he smiled at you.


“So there will be a next time?” He asked, hope in his voice. You swallowed thickly before nodding, unable to adequately respond. “Excellent. I'll see you soon.” He shocked you when he leaned in and kissed your cheek before turning around and walking out into the night.

 

☆★☆★☆★

A/N: Hello, readers~ It's been a while since I've written, so please forgive the sloppiness. I hope you enjoy my story, please let me know what you think! Thank you~