Only Trust the Stars

★☆Among the Stars☆★

On the next clear night a few days later you went back up to your spot and weren't surprised to see Yongguk already there. You smiled as you climbed out of your car and walked over to him.

 

“___, you're back!” He exclaimed, quickly standing up to greet you.

 

“Hello, Yongguk.” You blushed softly and thanked the darkness for hiding it. “It's nice to see you again.”

 

You could hear amusement in his reply, “It's good to see you, too, well at least your silhouette.” You giggled with him and nodded as the two of you sat down on the ground. He immediately laid down and you followed suit.

 

Instead of silence, the two of you talked about everything from your jobs to the stars, slowly getting to know each other. You could feel yourself liking him more and more, but you didn't know how to stop. It was so easy…

 

“So why do you come up here?” He asked you, breaking you out of your thoughts.

 

“Well there's plenty of reasons. I love the stars, they don't judge me or hurt me like the sun-”

 

He chuckled and interrupted you, “What??”

 

You sighed, slightly embarrassed. “I get sunburned really easily. It hurts like hell so I stay out at night instead of the day.” He nodded in understanding so you continued. “Anyway, the stars are always there, shining and telling me everything will be okay. I don't know what I would do without them, to be honest.” You felt a small twinge in your chest at the thought of that and hoped you wouldn't have to explain.

 

Yongguk nodded though, saving you from a lengthy explanation. “I get that. But for someone as interesting and amazing as you, there has to be a few people always here for you...”

 

“I’m neither interesting nor amazing.” You shook your head and let out a fake chuckle. ”But nah, there have been too many that let me down. You can't trust anything but the stars.”

 

“You can trust me..” He mumbled, his head bowed.

 

“What?”

 

“What?” He smirked and changed the subject. “There's a meteor shower tomorrow night. Would you want to… like come watch it with me or something?” He nervously glanced at you and you smiled at him, eyes glistening.

 

“Of course!” You said as you sat up, a little too excited. He followed your lead and sat up, too. Then you paused, feeling oddly hopeful. “Like a date..?”

 

“Yeah. I'll cook you dinner and we can watch it from the observatory.” He smiled really big and you couldn't help but smile back.

 

“That sounds really good.”

 

“Excellent.” He chuckled before leaning closer and kissing you lightly on the lips. Without even having to think about it, you kissed him back, reveling in the softness of his lips. He stiffened a little in surprise before bringing a hand up to cup your cheek as he smirked and your lip. You opened your mouth and quietly moaned as his tongue slid into your mouth. It danced along yours, exploring you as you explored his. When you both finally broke away for air, his hand left your face and he smiled in amusement as you tried to catch your breath.


“So, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said as he helped you stand up, holding onto your hands a little longer than really necessary. You nodded and your breath caught in your chest as he leaned in and kissed you quickly before stepping back. You saw his eyes glint in the moonlight as he grinned again before saying goodbye and once again disappearing into the night.

☆★☆★☆★

A/N: Hi again, it's me. I hope you guys enjoyed the light fluff. I'm working on the next chapter soon. Please let me know what you think!