Shooting Stars

★☆Among the Stars☆★

There were explosions going on outside. You had no clue what was going on, but you knew that at least it would soon be over.

 

You screamed as his nails ripped across the skin on your arm. Squeezing your eyes shut tightly, you didn’t know how much more of this you could take. You were still freezing and covered in bruises, scratches, and dried blood.

 

The nails left your skin and you opened your eyes to see your captor step back. “Seems like I won’t have to keep going. Somebody’s here to save you. Too bad they’re too late.” He pulled a gun from the holster on his belt and cocked it, aiming it directly between your eyes. At least it would be quick.

 

Suddenly a knife appeared from behind him, the blade glistening against his neck. “Put it down.” The voice was one you hadn’t heard in what felt like too long. Your heart beat faster as Yongguk’s face came into view over the man’s shoulder.

 

“And here he is, the one we’ve been waiting for.” The man said. “You’re just in time to watch your little girlfriend die.”

 

“Don’t you dare-” Yongguk’s threat was cut off by a gunshot.

 

Zelo zoomed in with amazing speed, pushing the man’s hand as the bullet flew out of the barrel. But it was enough to make the hit less deadly. The bullet grazed you and pain exploded in your right shoulder, making you cry out.

 

The youngest Matoki wrestled the gun out of your captor’s hands before he could get another shot off and stepped back. He brought the gun up, pointing it at the Satoki’s chest. “How dare you try to kill her. She never did anything to you!”

 

“She outlived her purpose, I only needed her to lure you all here.” He shrugged. “Why keep a useless hostage?”

 

“That’s enough.” Yongguk growled before sliding the knife along his opponent’s throat. Blood flowed freely and the alien fell to his knees before landing face down on the floor.

 

There was a stillness in the air as all three of you stared at the body.

 

Zelo glanced at you before blushing and turning away. “I’m going to go help the others.” He mumbled quietly before quickly leaving the room. Yongguk nodded, still looking down.

 

Once the youngest was gone, he finally looked up and met your bloodshot eyes. A look of guilt covered his face as he walked over and kneeled in front of your shivering body. “I’m so sorry…” He began to unchain you from the chair. Once your wrists were free, you rubbed them to try to return the circulation to your hands.

 

“Yongguk,” You called his name quietly and he only looked up after releasing the last shackle. “I’m o-okay, and y-you’re okay. That’ss all I c-care about.” Your chattering teeth and convulsive shivering did not help as you tried to reassure him.

 

He looked into your eyes, his gaze flicking back and forth between them as he saw the sincerity and love you were trying to get through to him. Yongguk rapidly blinked before pulling you gently from the chair to him and holding you against his chest tightly. He was so warm, you practically melted against him. You were able to put your arms around his waist lightly and snuggled into him as deep as you could.

 

After a few minutes you noticed that the explosions outside had stopped. Yongguk seemed to become aware of this as well as he sat up and sighed. Keeping one hand on you the whole time, he shrugged off his jacket and wrapped it around you, zipping up the front. It was long, warm, and smelled like his cologne. It was almost like having his arms constantly around you. The pressure on your shoulder made you wince, but you chose not to say anything.

 

“We should get out of here.” Yongguk said, standing up. You tried to stand as well, but failed. You looked up at him and he gave you a sad smile before picking you up with one arm under your legs and the other behind your back. “I’ve got you.”

 

Before he could turn to leave, you leaned in and kissed him on the lips lightly. He froze, his arms tightening around you. “Thank you for saving me, Yongguk.” He looked at you and you smiled before moving your face closer again. This time he kissed you back, holding your body as close to his as possible.

 

He pulled away and nuzzled his face against yours. “Let’s get you safe.” He stood up straight, turned, and left the room without a second glance at the mess left behind.

 

******

 

Outside, Daehyun, Youngjae, and Zelo were talking out in the front yard while they waited. They looked up when they heard Yongguk’s footsteps. Daehyun and Youngjae’s eyes widened at the sight of your face, which you were sure was a mess. Daehyun ran forward and tore his jacket off, gently placing it over your legs.

 

You thanked him with drooping eyes. You were getting dizzier as the seconds went by. The world was spinning. Closing your eyes, you hoped everything would just stop.

 

“Let’s get her back home.” Youngjae said, eyeing the right shoulder of Yongguk’s jacket. It was glistening red in the light given off by the floodlights outside the house. The others nodded in agreement and set off down the driveway at a quick pace.

 

When they reached the SUV, the first thing they noticed was the bodies littering the ground around it. Himchan and Jongup sat on the hood of the car, chatting nonchalantly with each other. They looked up when they heard their group approaching and hopped off the car.

 

“Ready to go?” Himchan asked, glancing at you before quickly hurrying to the driver’s side of the car.

 

“Let’s go back to the observatory. I have things there that will help her.” Youngjae said as he climbed in the back.

 

Himchan agreed and the engine roared to life. Yongguk sat in the back with you draped across his lap.

 

“Yah, wake up.” He said quietly. When you didn’t respond immediately he shook you lightly and repeated himself, strain evident in his voice. You were able to open your eyes, but you couldn’t focus your vision. His face was so close, but it was blurry.

 

“But I’m sleepy…” You mumbled, closing your eyes again. You just needed a nap. That would solve everything. “Five more minutes…”

 

“No, you gotta keep your eyes open. Yah!” You heard him, but didn’t do as he asked. You could apologize for that when you woke up.

☆★☆★☆★

A/N: This story has 40 subscribers! Omg... Thank you!

DID YOU SEE THE MEMBER'S TEASERS FOR 'ROSE' OHMYGOSH I'M GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEE