Life

Broken Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was wrong, I was damn wrong that I know that she will never leave me. She loves me I know it, but I haven’t treated her the way a good girlfriend should. I love her but I was too sure that anything I do, she will stay no matter what. I guess I was definitely wrong.

 

I was left dumbfounded, not just because of her but because of my action toward our relationship. I was like a coffee and she was like my cream. I am too strong and intimidating; she was too soft and satisfying in my likings. We blended just right with each other, but my side is stronger, the bitterness have overtaken the relationship. Pride and ego went a little too high that made me lost her.

 

4years ago since I realized my actions. 4years ago since I realized I’m an idiot, ignorant and egoistic. 4 year since it hit me, I’m an . It took me a long time to change and I lost her before I could actually change. But nevertheless, I have no regrets loving her, being with her and all I ever wanted since then is to be with her again so this time I can treat her better.

 

No luck on her though. Look at me, 4 years had passed and I never saw her again. I was miserable but I learned to live my life. What luck I got is that is I changed for the better and for the past 4 years, well after overcoming my misery, I focused on working more than ever, I fixed myself and told myself that mina would probably take me back if she saw that I’ve changed for the better.

 

But I have to admit that days, weeks, months and a year passed I’ve become independent on my own happiness, sometimes I feel like I have moved on from the pain, I gave up searching for her, There are a lot of times I forget about her but of course it would be impossible that she won’t cross my mind. I can smile and have a good time without thinking of her, of us. I can now enjoy my life.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung looked at her surroundings from her couch, her apartment to be specific. She saw some of the things she worked hard for, her expensive apartment, clean white walls, artistic wooden shelves that has been made by one of the greatest wood artists with different books on it that she likes to read, vintage tables and various paintings she did that’s hanging on her wall and one of it is a portrait of a girl’s side profile, looking down while smiling under a snowfall. It’s one of chaeyoung’s favourite work, a portrait of mina.

She’s now a painter, not a famous one but she gets to have her own exhibits from time to time when she gets money, money she get from being a professional photographer, let’s not forget about her being a part time in making lyrics. In short, being a painter is just her hobby that she likes to show people, painting is where she can pour those emotions she have been feeling from photos she took, especially those photos she took from weddings, prenups, engagements, beautiful concepts from magazine companies; what she likes the most are those moment she captures candid from public places, everything is natural, the touch,the smiles etc.

 

She smiled as she looks at the portrait and the polaroid photos of her and mina, she stood up still smiling, grabbed her camera,coat,wallet and keys; she got out of her apartment to walk in public to capture more moments from other people’s lives.

 

The young photographer went to for a walk on a park just near from her favorite café. It’s snowing just like portrait of mina. She smiles unconsciously. She held her camera to captured random photos until her view went to a couple, fighting. She froze and lowered her camera slowly.

-----

 

 

 

Mina looked at chaeyoung in disbelief.

 

Chaeyoung who was considering her pride more than their relationship, she didn’t even look at mina for once. She rolled her eyes waiting for mina’s apology.

 

“you really got nothing to say?” mina asked

 

The younger girl didn’t answer.

 

“For once, can you stop being a jerk and say sorry?” mina was in the verge of tears.

 

But chaeyoung was acting as if she can’t hear mina.

 

“You think you’re always right? Oh come on chaeyoung! Grow up!”

 

The younger one got annoyed and finally answered mina with a sarcasm.

“Because I am”

 

“If you are, give me a reasonable explanation why you need to flirt with someone else when we’re in eunha’s good bye party?”

 

“I told you I wasn’t! I was just talking to her”

 

“yeah right, I know your movements and your proud smirk when you flirt, chaeyoung. Do not fool me!”

 

They were starting to get into both of their nerves. Anger, pride and pain mixed up. Yes they had years being all happy and loving, working things out with their relationship but the longer it gets the more bumpier their road is, more thorns from a rose stabbing them slowly. The longer it gets the more relaxed chaeyoung is acting in their relationship, the longer it gets, the more mina notice chaeyoung’s hidden arrogance.

 

“This is really getting annoying mina, all you do is complain and get mad”

“Tell that to yourself,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter