Affair

Broken Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From: Son Chaeyoung

Can we go out? I just need to talk.

 

You're weak, Son Chaeyoung. So weak! Furious, Chaeyoung aimlessly kicked a poor pebble to release some of her steam but to no avail. A loud thud rang through the quiet night, as the pebble hit a nearby lamp post. Luckily, it was past 11pm and the coast was clear. For the past hour, Chaeyoung had been yelling at herself for sending out that goddamn message to Mina, right after the anniversary celebration she had begrudgingly planned out for Jeongyeon and Mina. She shouldn't have done that, asking Mina out at this hour that is. She should ing understand her position and stayed out of their way, instead of ruining their night and everything. Chaeyoung cringed with jealousy. Honestly, the thought of Jeongyeon and Mina together disgusted her. Mina should be with me.

 

So, Chaeyoung could care less. This was how she convinced herself to stay behind the restaurant and wait for her angel's return, instead of running away. No, she had done enough of escaping. She was tired of swimming in her own thoughts. She needed to know what was Mina thinking. How was the kiss? How was the anniversary dinner? Did she remember anything, once upon a time Chaeyoung did the exactly the same for her?

 

However, she had yet to receive any reply from Mina. She was sure that Mina had read her text, as the messaging app had notified her so, and for some weird sense of determination, she was one hundred percent sure that Mina would agree to come and meet her. Or she strongly wanted to believe so. Call her stupid, Chaeyoung already thought she was one big idiot for holding onto who wasn't hers. Waiting for her angel seemed like the least stupidest thing she had done. Chaeyoung could wait. My Mina will come.

 

"Thanks for not sending your location," the oh-so-familiar soft voice that could be bring the death back to life. The gloom around Chaeyoung instantly faded away. She looked up to see an angel, dressed in white shirt and bottom clad jeans. Simple, but elegant.

 

"Mina," Chaeyoung quickly leaned away from her car and squared her shoulders, "You still know where to find me."

 

The moment Mina received the younger girl's message, she didn't even hesitate. Before her mind could stop her heart, the next second she was out of her apartment, leaving Jeongyeon deep in her slumber. Chaeyoung didn't send a location, but her instincts had told her the photographer was still at the restaurant. The thought was just natural, too natural for Mina's liking, for a person's normal reaction is to ask where is she instead of trusting a blind thought. Stupid girl. Why would Chaeyoung even agree to help Jeongyeon planned this dinner?

 

"What do you want?" asked Mina, soft but commanding. She was starting to regret coming out this late at night, and to top it off, to meet her ex.

 

Chaeyoung took a step forward and inched her head close to Mina's neck. Careful not to touch her, she allowed herself to take a whiff of the taller girl's odour, "You smelled like you just had ."

 

Aghast, Mina pushed the younger girl away and yelled, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

 

"The thought of you being together with someone else irritates me. You asked me what I want. Well, the answer is you," Chaeyoung blinked back her angry tears, "I want you, Mina."

 

"It's none of your business who I chose to be with. You're no longer anyone to me. So, why would I care?"

 

"Then, why are you here? Why do you know where I am? Why did you kiss me back?" Chaeyoung made sure she punched out every question.

 

Mina stared at Chaeyoung, then looked away, then at Chaeyoung again. She was taken aback. Chaeyoung was too bold.

And honestly, to Mina, She doesn’t really know what to respond to Chaeyoung. It took years for her to realize her worth, to feel completely loved without her partner being an but the girl who have hurt her in the past is in front of her almost begging to for her to come back again.

However, it was undeniable that there’s still a huge part of her heart that will always beat for Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung only but it wasn’t right at all, she’s with Jeongyeon and they love each other. She used to think ‘What should go wrong’, then this is what’s wrong.

“Please Chaeyoung, when will you stop. You keep telling Jeongyeon that you owe her your life. Are you not thinking? You’re gonna hurt her”

Chaeyoung then looked away with her jaw clenching. She’s feeling guilty, what Mina said was true and she cannot deny that but her love for her can’t be measured with anything. Call her greedy but she would still want Mina in any way, any circumstances, any life or dimension.

“Because I still love you that much”

Mina felt shivers in her spine, feeling weak. It didn’t go unnoticed to Chaeyoung, she grabbed the opportunity and cupped her jaw. Mina’s vision was getting blurry from the unwanted tears threatening to fall. She has her arms crossed, not looking at the girl in front of her.

“Look at me, baby, look at me” Chaeyoung said softly.

 She didn’t want to look, she can’t look and she won’t look; because it would be her downfall.

Chaeyoung caress her cheeks lovingly as possible that made Mina weaker each milliseconds pass. Until she can’t handle it anymore. She looked at her.

 

 

 

 

I.

“Miss! You dropped your wallet” A charming girl handed her her wallet and smiled at Mina which made her smile unknowingly. Dimples showing,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter