Memories

Broken Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was listening to taeyeon's fine and love in color while writing this. 

 

 

 

 

Bold - Flashback

Italic - Thoughts

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung let herself savoured the moment a little longer, their lips moving against each other, before she pulled away slowly. Mina was staring at Chaeyoung with wide eyes. shaped a round "O". Her mind a buzzing mess. All movements paralyzed. Suddenly, the room felt small, the air felt heavy.

 

"What-" she whispered, breaking their silence.

 

Just then, a familiar voice boomed into the room, "Mina, they said you're here. I brought you lunch."

 

Mina almost got lost in Chaeyoung’s eyes but was able to snap out and pushed her away slightly, not wanting them to get caught by the familiar intruder. Taking the hint, Chaeyoung calmly walked away from Mina and pretended to fix her camera just before Jeongyeon saw them, but the dumbfounded girl was glued at the same place where they kissed.

 

“Mina?”

 

Jeongyeon's head poked out from behind the door, smiling. Mina looked at the owner of the voice, her heart still pounding.

Then, she looked at Chaeyoung who was still pretending to keep away her camera. She shook her head to wake herself up from the heart-pinding daze and faked a smile at her girlfriend.

Jeongyeon smiled wider and walked toward her.

“I brought you lunch. Specially made for you, by yours truly YOO JEONGYEON,” she showed the Mina the packed lunch.

 

Mina nodded and Jeongyeon held her hand. The blonde noticed her friend, Chaeyoung and called at her.

“Chaeyoung! Come join us for lunch. I made a lot today,” she offered.

 

Chaeyoung smiled politely and waved her hand, her other hand still clutching at her precious camera.

“No, it’s okay. I’m going to fix my camera first.”

 

“Alright, but join us if you feel hungry. Ok?”

The short girl indicated an ok sign before going back to what she was doing. The couple walked away, Chaeyoung glanced at them when they were already far away from her. Everything was still messing up her mind. Guilt tugged at her heart, as she found herself wanting to continue that kiss.

 

She stared at her camera and sighed for the nth time.

 

If she could take a photo of that moment, though forbidden but it was so good. Mina's sweet breath still lingering around her lips.

 

 

-

 

 

Jeongyeon led Mina to a nearby table and set it down for Mina. She had brought kimbap, jokbal and tteokbokki.

“I cooked the tteokbokki and made the kimbap but specially bought jokbal as you requested,” she said as she set up the food

“I didn’t request jokbal,” Mina confused.

“Don’t be silly, you mentioned it last Friday.”

“I didn't,” Mina thought hard, but didn't remember a moment she had mentioned jokbal.

“You didn’t? Oh well, I must’ve mistaken,” Jeongyeon shrugged.

She sat beside Mina, “So, how’s the project?” she asked as she put some food itnto Mina’s bowl and passed her the chopsticks. 

“First day of the project and it’s already stressing me out, I don’t want anything to go wrong, I just want every single thing to run smooth and perfect.”

Jeongyeon wrapped her right arm around Mina’s shoulders and pulled her in to kiss her temple.

“Don’t stressed out babe, everything’s running smoothly. Plus, you’re done with the photoshoot,” the short haired girl said calmly as Mina munched at her spicy rice cake.

“Oh, have you seen the photos? I bet it’s all good,” she added.

“Speaking of photos, I haven’t seen it. Thanks for reminding me, I'll need to remind Chaeyoung to check the photos.”

“Alright. Just do it after we've eaten.”

 

They spent their lunch talking about their work and laughing about Jeongyeon’s same old lame jokes that Mina still laughed to. Some thing that Mina was strangely relieved about. She believed she was still gazing at Jeongyeon with the same love struck eyes, though her heart was still a pile of mess.

 

Mina pushed away that unsettling feeling. 

 

Jeongyeon cleaned up the table as Mina went to find Chaeyoung. She found her already looking at the photos she took in the wide screen monitor.

“Mina,” Chaeyoung called.

She was caught off guard by Chaeyoung knowing her presence before she could even get to her. 

“Come check the photos,” Chaeyoung continued. Mina went closer calmly.

The smaller girl stood up from her chair and let Mina sit. 

Mina accepted the offer and sat. She checked the photos carefully, unawared of Chaeyoung leaning her head until she was so close beside her for a clearer view of the photos. Chaeyoung allowed herself to steal glances at Mina until she couldn't help but watched Mina looking at the photos.

 

Gosh, her side profile. Tempting.

 

Mina noticed Chaeyoung and looked around but as she turned her head, their face were inches apart from each other. Her heart started racing again, a feeling she experienced so often lately.

She froze.

“Minari~”

They both turned their head towards the direction of the voice. Jeongyeon entered and immediately saw the photos, she got excited and walked faster to them. Chaeyoung stood straight.

“Wow! Chaeyoung, you really are good with cameras. This is high class,” Jeongyeon said in awe, still looking at Momo’s photos that Chaeyoung took.

 “Thank you,” The youngest girl in the room smiled.

 

 

 

-

 

 

The couple were about to go home but Jeongyeon purposely fell back to walk the same pace as Chaeyoung. She leaned into her ear as her girlfriend walked first, careful not to let Mina noticed their exchange.

“We need to talk.”

Chaeyoung stopped in her tracks and froze at her spot. The older girl continued walking and went to Mina. She said something to her girlfriend and pointed the car. Mina nodded and walked off.

Jeongyeon walked towards Chaeyoung with a straight face. The younger girl swallowed a big lump stuck in . I’m over, this is the end of me. Jeongyeon stopped in front of her and put her arm around Chaeyoung’s shoulders.

“Look” She started seriously.

Chaeyoung grew afraid. She felt her words of apology and pleadings rolling dangerously at the tip of her tongue.

“It’s gonna be our anniversary soon. Can you help me plan and set up a surprise for her? Please please please?” Jeongyeon pleaded.

The younger girl was dumbfounded, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. First, she thought she was about to be busted and second, the older girl was asking her to plan an anniversary surprise for her girlfriend. Her ex-girlfriend. Did she hear it right? Help her set up for THEIR ANNIVERSARY?

She blinked multiple times, “w-what?”

“Please help me.”

“Ahh.. okay?” She hesitantly accepted the request without processing it thoroughly.

“Thank you! You’re the best man!” she said as she hugged Chaeyoung.

 

 

-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter