Temptation

Broken Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stay for tonight?” she offered, smiling up at Jeongyeon with hopeful eyes and a sweet smirk. 

 

Unfaltered, Jeongyeon cupped at the woman's face and pecked at her forehead. 

 

"I can't, you know that."

 

"Please, just for an hour? I miss you," she begged. 

 

Detaching herself from their embrace, Jeongyeon slightly shook her head and smiled at the woman, somewhat sad and endearing.

 

The sweetness on the woman's face quickly turned into hurt and jealousy after Jeongyeon's rejection. 

 

"Fine, you always go to Mina. You never care about me," she crossed her arms and sulked.

 

"I do, actually. I promise to see you soon, okay?" 

 

Pretended she didn't hear her, the woman walked away into her bedroom and slammed the door, leaving a pained Jeongyeon to see herself out. 

 

 

.......

 

 

Chaeyoung had sent Mina home an hour ago, but she still could not shake off the trauma from that excruciating long ride. Coming back to her quiet apartment did not help at all, but only fueled her overthinking. Mina felt somehow guilty and ashamed that she almost let Chaeyoung kissed her. She remembered that nerve wrecking moment: Chaeyoung's lips only an inch away from hers, so near she could feel her warm breath, stirring a hidden desire in her she never knew existed deep down in her heart. It took every ounce of will in Mina to snap out of it and pushed Chaeyoung away. Mina wondered. What will happened if we have kissed? Will it feel like the same as before? Before, how Chaeyoung's kiss would make her heart race and heal all wounds. 

 

Mina quickly scrambled out of her bed when she heard the faint sound of the front door closing. Right now, she really needed Jeongyeon. Needed her to stop her messy thoughts, bring her back to her senses, and remind her why she decided to leave everything behind. She squealed at the sight of her girlfriend and before she could calm herself, jumped right into Jeongyeon's arms. Yes, holding onto Jeongyeon made everything okay. 

 

"Hey babe, what's up?" asked Jeongyeon, amused over her girlfriend's sudden affection. 

 

"I miss you," Mina mumbled onto her shoulder. 

 

Dejavu. Jeongyeon chuckled, "I miss you too. Did Chaeyoung accept the job?" 

 

Mina felt a shiver down her spine at the mention of her ex's name, "Yeah. Thanks to you." 

 

"See, that wasn't so hard. I didn't ask her, you did. I merely drove you there."

 

Drove me to the devil's lair, more like. 

 

"Is everything okay in your company?" asked Mina, concerned. She knew Jeongyeon's career was tough. Being the director of the finance department in her company holds a lot of responsibilities and demands commitment. Her girlfriend sometimes was forced to work over time in her office to get things done. 

 

"Yeah, everything's fine. I had all the defective accounts sorted out in no time," Jeongyeon smiled. She glanced at the wall clock and saw it was 10 mins to midnight. 

 

"Come on, it was a long day. You should rest," said Jeongyeon. 

 

"Come with me," Mina tugged at her girlfriend's arms. 

 

"Of course, babe," Jeongyeon leaned in for a kiss, and Mina let her wipe away all thoughts of Chaeyoung.

 

Reminding her once again, she had Jeongyeon now. 

 

 

.......

 

 

Chaeyoung laid on her bed staring at the ceiling. She was still dressed in casual attire, not bothered to get ready for bed. All she could think about was Mina. Funny, how Mina had came into her dreams while she slept, and now Mina really came into her life after four years of dreaming. Since meeting again in the restaurant, Chaeyoung had promised herself not to go after Mina even though she had wanted to so badly. Many times she had refrained herself from searching Mina's phone number. According to Jeongyeon, Mina was working for CeCi. Chaeyoung had friends there, it would be easy to ask around for it, yet she did not. That was how she lived for 3 months. Three months of endless dilemma, fighting between the devil and angel in her. However, God must had seen her internal struggles. Chaeyoung did not really believe in fate, but seeing Mina on her door steps tonight got her thanking all the Gods from heaven above. 

 

Myoui Mina was still the same as Chaeyoung remembered, elegant and beautiful, but there was something more. Many years had passed, but her age was her gift. She had grown into a strong wise woman. She had entered Chaeyoung's apartment with undeniable determination and confidence, that only drew Chaeyoung further into her spell. So drawn to the woman, all she wanted was to hold Mina against the wall and kiss her senseless. Seeing Mina standing in the middle of the living room, she was like a red rose in a bed of shrubs upholding its royalty and significance, her ultimate beauty brought colour to her plain boring bachelorette pad. Chaeyoung found herself completely starstruck. So beautiful yet untouchable. Chaeyoung couldn't touch Mina. She wasn't hers. But the temptation was too strong, she gave in to the devil and tried to kiss her. 

 

Mina's anxiety didn't go unnoticed. Chaeyoung saw her lips quivered, her eyes fluttered when she brought her face close to Mina's on purpose. She almost leaped up in joy, but her high spirit was soon dampened when Mina pushed her away. 

 

"I have Jeongyeon now." Those words still rang in her ears. Chaeyoung felt her heart breaking. 

 

As much as Chaeyoung wanted to kick herself for being selfish again, she did not regret her actions tonight. One second of weakness from the stone cold Mina was an achievement. It must had meant something, Chaeyoung firmly believed. 

 

And that was what it took for Chaeyoung to accept the job, just so she could see Mina again and find out. 

 

“Alright, I will accept your offer. If it’s the last thing I can do for you." 

 

That was the last thing Chaeyoung had said to Mina tonight. 

 

I'm sorry, Mina. I lied. 

 

 

.......

 

 

There was a knock on the door, followed by Nayeon's voice, "Mina, dinner's ready."

 

No sound of reply came out from the room, just as expected. Nayeon stood in front of the door and sighed in defeat. This had been going on for weeks, since the night Mina told her about the breakup. That night, Mina had cried herself to sleep on the couch. The whole time Nayeon had kept shut, wary to give Mina a piece of her mind. Truthfully, Nayeon had seen this coming since the day Mina and Chaeyoung announced their relationship and she knew, she wasn't the only friend that had such opinion. Both of them were too different in terms of mindset and personality, like fire and ice. Nevertheless, being Mina's best friend, Nayeon wished them the best and hoped they worked out every odds. 

 

Now that this was their ending, Nayeon realized both of the girls had grown tired. Not tired of each other, but tired of always fighting to keep the balance and preserve their love. 

 

Nayeon had offered Mina to stay at her apartment the next day. With Mina's keys, she also went to Chaeyoung's apartment and raided Mina's stuffs back to her place. Lucky for her, Chaeyoung was nowhere to be found at that time. God knows where the girl had gone to. Nayeon had did everything she could to help Mina, but the younger girl refused to come out from her sadness as she locked herself away in the confinement of her room. 

 

"You know, I heard that she went to Jihyo's and asked for you."

 

Still no reply. 

 

"I'm surprised sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter