Reunited

Broken Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was running. It was past midnight, but she ran and ran, the dark sky enveloping her but not darker than her own thoughts and feelings. She wasn't sure why she had ran. There really was no danger from breaking up with the one she thought was the love of her life for almost two years, until she couldn't stand it anymore. It was just too much, the fear and all the insecurities breaking her slowly. She tried to resist, fight for their love but it wasn't enough. It takes two to tango, but Chaeyoung just didn't ing understand that! Knowing that your partner wasn't fighting for you and your love, as hard as you do, that was the last straw for Mina. 

 

She halted in front of a familiar door steps in a pile of sobbing mess. Hot fat tears falling down her cheeks, ruining her mascara, her long red hair plastered on her nape in sweat. Having to come home from a friend's farewell party, she was still in her black dress and heels and the next thing she knew, she was breaking up with her girlfriend. Oh, how fast the night changed. Mina rang the door bell and waited. 

 

The door opened wide ajar to another girl, slightly older than Mina. She was dressed in her pajamas, a large black T-shirt and boy shorts, but didn't look like she had been sleeping, as her eyes were wide awake, now full of concern when she found a very distraught Mina on her door steps. 

 

"Mina? What are you doing here?" 

 

"Nayeon unnie," Mina whimpered, on the verge of another mental breakdown. 

 

Aghast, Nayeon quickly put an arm around the crying girl and pulled her into her apartment, "Dear God, come inside." 

 

After some time, Mina was sitting cross legged on the couch, dressed in Nayeon's another set of pajamas, all thanks to the older girl's hospitality. She was sipping on her cup of hot chocolate, trying very hard to drink away her emotions and tears. It was futile, nothing could numb her heartbreak. Nothing. 

 

Nayeon eyed Mina across her. When she knew that she wasn't going to say anything, she sighed, "Mina. Spill."

 

Mina cringed. That felt like someone twisting the knife that had pierced through her shattered heart.

 

Her eyes shut, she let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding in, "I...I broke up with Chaeyoung."

 

........

 

"Babe, are you done?" Jeongyeon called across the bedroom, adjusting her belt. Her girlfriend was still leaning on the vanity table, applying make up.

 

"Well, I guess not." sighed Jeongyeon, ready to wait her in the living room.

 

"Wait, Jeongie!" Mina put down her lipstick and turned around, doing a little dance for the waiting girl, "How do I look?"

 

Jeongyeon chuckled at her girlfriend's cute antics. Her girlfriend was clingy, always demanding utmost attention from her. Like she couldn't go a day without Jeongyeon's praises, and Jeongyeon herself was more than glad to shower her with lots of compliments and kisses.

 

"Babe, you look stunning. I'm in love," pressing both her hands on her chest, Jeongyeon pretended to faint. 

 

Mina looked in doubt, she knew more that her girlfriend always liked to make fun of her, "I'm serious. You don't think this white top doesn't go well with this black skirt?" 

 

Jeongyeon strided to her worried girlfriend and hugged her, "I think they're perfect, don't worry," she pressed a kiss to smooth the crease on her forehead, "besides, this means it's easier to take them off later." 

 

Mina gasped and punched lightly at Jeongyeon's arm, her girlfriend still cackling, "I do not appreciate your ."

 

"I like to believe otherwise." 

 

Mina rolled her eyes, "Remind me why am I with you?"

 

"Because I love you," Jeongyeon shot her a dazzling grin, like it's the most right thing to say. 

 

"I love you too," Mina wrapped her arms around Jeongyeon's neck and leaned in for a kiss. The taller girl gladly met Mina's inviting soft lips and deepen their kiss, making sure its sweetness lasting and desirable. It was a good minute, before both of them pulled away. The ghost of their kisses still lingering between their lips.

 

Jeongyeon glanced at her wrist watch, "We really should get going, babe. We're gonna be late for dinner."

 

Mina quicky freed herself and stashed her belongings into her designer hand bag, "Who is this we're meeting again?"

 

"A friend I saved before she could kill herself at the railway," repeated Jeongyeon for the hundredth time, since she invited Mina to have dinner together with her long lost friend, Chaeyoung. 

 

They didn't say anything after that. Jeongyeon revved the engine of her car, and they were out in the streets in no time. Then, Mina broke the silence, "You could at least tell me a name."

 

"Where's the fun in that?" Jeongyeon laughed. 

 

"Gosh, I don't see why the mystery," sulked Mina. 

 

Keeping one hand on the wheel, Jeongyeon reached across the gearshift to take Mina's hand in hers, "Just let me brag about me being a superhero."

 

"You and your superhero . I can't believe you're nearly 28, and you still keep your Marvel comics like treasure."

 

"And you're 27, babe. We're both old ladies. Let's rear cats, shall we?" suggested Jeongyeon, her eyes twinkling in mischief. 

 

"Yah! Both eyes on the road. You're risking our lives over cat talk."

 

"It's okay. We're here anyway," Jeongyeon slowly pulled the car into a parking spot. The restaurant was only 10 mins away from their place, but she decided that she didn't want them to walk under the chilly night after dinner. 

 

Mina got out of the car and entwined her hand into Jeongyeon's, "One more question, how does she look like?" 

 

Jeongyeon grimaced, "She's nice and cute. Not your type though." 

 

Her flash moment of jealousy didn't go unnoticed by Mina, she continued to push her buttons, "Not my type? Then, is it your type? Since she's nice and cute."

 

Jeongyeon stopped in her tracks, and stared at her annoyingly cute girlfriend,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter