Reflection

Smudges
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stumbling over the rock, you cursed under your breath as your noticed the nice, long scratch over your leather boots.

You had just landed in Londan, UK and you were busy searching for your apartment which had entire mysteriously disappeared or Google Maps was steering you in the wrong direction. Dragging your suitcase behind you, you could feel little vibrations in your hand as your suitcase bounced up and down against the uneven cobblestone pavement. You walked along the street back and forth multiple times but you were still nowhere near finding your apartment. If you didn’t find it soon, you’ll be sleeping on the streets tonight.

Just when you thought all hope was lost, a soft voice travelled from behind you.

“Do you need help? You seem a little lost.”

Turning around, you were met with your saviour whom turned out to be a teenage boy with a head of artificially blond curly hair and round glasses to match. He was wearing a green bomber jacket and black jeans, chewing on some gum. He looked about 18 years of age, and struck you as a spirited, care free boy.

In your polished English, you replied him.

“Yes I’m terribly lost. Do you know this place?”

The boy came closer, took one look at your phone screen and immediately broke out in a grin.

“Ayo man! We gonna be neighbours! Sure I’ll show you the way.”

He held out a hand to high five you and you returned the gesture, laughing a little at his spontaneous little outburst. Following him closely, he led you through a set of winding streets before the pair of you arrived at a brick red building whose entrance faced the back of a street and hence, your inability to find it. He was so kind as to bring you right to your doorstep before the pair of you parted ways.

“I’m sorry for the trouble, and thank you so much… erm…”

“Oh right I haven’t introduced myself to you yet! I’m Lee Minhyung, but call me Mark instead.”

He slapped his forehead rather loudly and he laughed out loud, causing you to widen your eyes a little. You thought he had a really interesting character but of course you didn’t say that out loud.

“Thank you Mark, I appreciate your help a lot.”

“No problem. And you aren’t from around here are you? You don’t sound native.”

“You’re most certainly right, I’m not from the UK, I’m from Korea.”

“Oh damn that’s cool! What’s your name and how old are you?”

“It’s not polite to ask a lady for her age…” Mark’s eyes immediately enlarged and he got ready to apologise but instead you flashed him a nice smile.

“But… not for me. I’m 23 this year and my name is Lydia. Nice to meet you Mark.”

“Ahhh so you’re a noona! Nice to meet you too Noona! I’m 18 by the way.”

“I can tell; you look really young. It’s late and you should get home Mark.”

“Right! See you around Noona!” He waved at you before bounding down the steps to his apartment right below.

Entering your threadbare apartment, you immediately fell asleep on the thin mattress as you awaited the arrival of your furniture the next day.

-

Over the next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter