How it was

The Shy Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being the youngest and the only girl in the whole family meant that she was different. She would be treated differently. More pampered but also protected. More like over protected. And that was how Kang Seulgi was raised.

Being the only girl among two elder brothers. She was the only girl in the whole family. All her cousins were also male. So she was the one who always got the most attention. She was the one who needed to be protected in their family's. And that 'protection' had both to and fros about it. But for Seulgi it was mostly fros.

Like the time it had rained. Seulgi was only ten back then. Everyone of her cousins ran outside excitedly as the elders only chuckled at the children's definition of fun. Seulgi followed her cousins. She loves the rain and she wanted nothing more than to get soaked in the rain. She wanted to know how it felt when the rain droplets hit her face. Taking her eldest brother's hand who happily started guiding her towards the door but just as they were about to step outside her mother stopped them.

"Seunghoon, leave your sister. She's not old enough to go in the rain"

"But mom, Jimin went too. He's the same age as me" A young Seulgi had whined stomping her feet.

"Jimin is a boy. You're a girl. You're fragily my daughter" Her mother had said. And like that she had grown up without knowing how it feels when the cold droplets hit her face. Without knowing how it felt to be drenched in the rain.

She was not allowed to go outside and play. She was not allowed to go out alone. She was home schooled when she was in Korea. But when her family moved to Thailand she was allowed to go to school thankfully enabling her to have a few friends.

Seulgi had always loved her eldest brother. Maybe because he was the one who understood her. The one who wanted to give her the littlest of freedom. Seulgi was just like her brother. They resembled each other. But there was onething that they differed other than gender. He was brave and outspoken. But Seulgi was shy. Maybe because of how her family had raised her with little interaction with the outside world.

Her brother later on moved to Canada for his studies but she was not allowed to. She did not have much friends, blame her shyness or family. It was her brother who finally gave her an opportunity to be free. He talked about taking her to Canada for the holidays.

"You can be free from family for sometime" He had said. Seulgi did not believe him at first. Of course, her family would not allow her. But to her surprise they agreed to it.

She was even more surprised when she knew that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter