Friend in Need

The Shy Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi felt homesick for the first time. So far from home and she would not be able share what she was going through. Seunghoon was here, but she did not want him to hate Irene. After all, as understanding as a man he was, he still was her brother. He would no doubt cause havoc to whoever that upset her. And Irene would be no exception, no matter how close they were.

So, Seulgi had no one to share her thoughts with. In the end, she ended up calling the first person she could think of. She heard footsteps from behind her and then Wendy was sitting at the bench leaving a respectable amount of space between them. One look at the girl's sympathy filled expression, and Seulgi knew she did not have to explain anything to her.

Seulgi looked away not being able to bear the look on Wendy's face. "Sorry! You can go. Don't know what I was thinking anyway calling Irene's bestfriend". She kept her head down fiddling with her fingers, a nervous habit of hers that never went away.

"I'm not here as her bestfriend. I came here for my friend Seulgi" If she had turned to look, she could have seen the hurt on Wendy's face caused by her words.

"I will not sit here and defend Irene. She's certainly at fault" This time Seulgi did turn to study the other girl's features. Wendy seemed to be honest. But, when was she a good judge of character? The things that happened with Irene and Mark says otherwise.

"You're not?" Seulgi asked still in doubt and got a nod in return "Then what are you here for?"

"I already told you i came here for my friend Seulgi" Wendy said scooting closer to her and taking hold of her hand. "We don't have to talk about anything if you don't want to. Just know that I'm here for you"

With that Seulgi finally let her guard down, leaning to Wendy who with her considerably smaller frame was surprisingly reliable. And comforting. Seulgi decided to trust this girl who held her so gently.

"I've known him my whole life. In a way he was my bestfriend" Seulgi started. "We were always casted together so I always thought he would be the one that I spend my whole life with"

"Why should it be like that? Do you actually like him or do you think there's no other option for you according to your family?" Wendy asked.

This made Seulgi wonder. Did she like him? The answer was clear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter