Seven

When Two Poles Meet

          "Are you serious?"

 

          "Yeah? This place is marvelous, what were you expecting?" Hanbin raisesd the cuffs of his pants, stretching his legs along. It was a hill, just a hill. It was a little steep, and Hayi was already complaining. 

 

          "I was expecting some kind of a diner, you moofus." Hayi pulled the hem of Hanbin's shirt, struggling to climb and hold on to something. She let out a scream, as Hanbin almost lost his balance.

 

"Why were you pulling my shirt?" Hanbin half-shouted.

 

          "In case you were wondering, I wasn't expecting a hill climbing session. I'm tired and hungry, thank you!" She pulled more, and did an overtake. Hayi jokingly hit his head, as she tried to race towards the top.

 

          "You're so whiny, but it's my fault. We aren't even 10 minutes up!" Hanbin tugged the hem of her shirt, as she gave a little squeak.

 

"We'll roll down the hill at this rate!" She squeaked as he patted Hanbin's hand off from her shirt.

 

          "Relax, I'm right behind you." Hanbin pulled Hayi's arm as he overtook her. Taking bigger and steeper steps, Hayi's breath became more and more shallow. "I'm out of breath, you long-legged creature." 

 

          "I don't have water with me, ." He paused as he looked behind, checking over Hayi, who was miraculously, still breathing by the time.

 

          "I'm not thirsty, and I'm definitely telling you to slow down because my stub of a leg can't keep up with yours." She rested both her hands on her hips, fanning herself and ruffling her shirt.

 

         "We're almost there. Just take a rest at the top." He offered his right hand, which Hayi just stared into. Instead of taking it, she high-fived, and continued climbing before Hanbin. He was still for a second, and clasped his hanging hands. "Well ouch, that was a rejection."

 

          "Just climb up and get this over with." She was breathing heavily, as if she ran a marathon. Well, she did certainly feel like it. It wasn't much of a high hill to climb, but Hayi, being a sedentary lassie, felt that tired.


Have you ever met someone you're really comfortable with? It feels like you've known them since forever.