Four

When Two Poles Meet

          "Well, there's one and that's me."

 

          Hanbin let out a sarcastic laugh, “I don’t believe you, not at all.”

 

          “Then don’t,” she rolled her eyes, and looked the other way. “No one is actually forcing you to.”

 

          He opened his mouth to say something. With his mouth hanging ajar, he was about to say something, then didn’t. He just sat there, awkward and staring at the raging waves with his mouth firmly shut. Did I just say something offensive?

 

          “Hey, relax. I was just kidding. I mean, the forcing thing. But I’ve really never been in a romantic relationship.” Hayi faced Hanbin, taking a look at his guilty expression, “really, single since birth.”

 

          “I thought I would be getting relationship tips from you,” Hanbin shook his head, jeering at Hayi. “Turns out, you’re a big baby.” He clicked his tongue, tsk!

 

          “And I do know things about relationships, for your information! I’ve loved, and I’ve been hurt, loads of times. I’m not a baby as you think. Should I punch you right in the face?”

 

          “Nah, let’s leave my handsome face off this.” Hayi rolled her eyes. He’s too cute, and he’s too arrogant. Nah, he’s funny, honestly. “So, unrequited love? If you haven’t been into a relationship… Unrequited love, then?”

 

          “The worst, most tragic, ugliest, nastiest and most heartbreaking unrequited love.” Hayi listed all her adjectives while counting it with her fingers. Hanbin cackled, “Come to think of it, you’ve had a worse situation than me?” He clutched his chest, making fun while trying to piss off Hayi. “Wow, I feel extremely blessed.”

 

          “Oh, really?” Hayi uttered, like an ugh, shut up voice. He was playing with the sand, because there’s really nothing else to do. “If your heartbreak is really worse than mine, have you ever been cheated with? With someone you’ve considered a close friend. And someone your girlfriend assured that,” he mimicked a facial expression, not sure who, but maybe Jennie’s sweet face. “’He’s just a friend, Hanbin, no worries. Anything worse than that?”

 

           “Well, then. I think you’ve got the worse,” she leaned a little closer, because Hanbin said something that was not really to be said, “Hanbin?”

          “Did I? Did I just say my own name?”

 

          I remembered how I used to have my best bud; he lived next door. He was my age, but he’s a lot taller than me.

We used to play a lot – hide and seek, whatever, name it. I guess that’s the happiness about childhood.

Everything’s fun and you don’t have to worry about anything else. You’re carefree, your parents have your life settled.

 

 

          “Yeah, Hanbin!” Hanbin grimaced, how can he manage to slip a tongue, when did my name sound that cute?

          He was my first playmate, and probably I got too attached. His name was Han, and he’s nowhere to find.

          “How are your parents, anyway?”

 

          She lied down and let her back embrace the warm, damp sand. She’d get her hair all sandy, but who cares? She’s Hayi, who’d mastered the art of lying down in all places. “They’re probably done fighting and realized I left. Who the heck cares, let them fight to death.”

 

          “Would you allow them?” Hanbin asked, and Hayi didn’t answer. “I mean, would you just let them… separate?”

 

          “I don’t know. I don’t have the glue to fix the broken glass, anyways.”

 

          “Go home, kid, ow!”

 

          “I’m not a kid, you’re just a giant. I don’t want to go home. My ears will burst, I can’t stand their noise.”

 

          “I don’t want to go home, either. It’s too peaceful here, but it’s getting dark.”

 

          Hayi looked at him as if she’s a child who doesn’t want to leave the playground. “Are you going to leave me here?” Hanbin stayed silent for a second, “Nope, of course not. My conscience won’t be able to take it if I were to leave you here.”

 

          “Yeah, so just sit there for a few more moments, just enjoy the view. The scenery is too pretty, isn’t it?” Hayi tapped Hanbin’s shoulder; she’s telling him to lie down, too.

 

          He’s looking at her, and he smiled. He was smiling, a genuine one. It’s been ages since I’ve seen genuine smiles. You’re a very warm person, Hanbin.

 

          “Yeah,”

 

          “The scene is too pretty to look at.” He’s lying down, with his arms behind his head.

 

          “Do you want to go somewhere, kid?”

 

          “Hanbin, I am so not a kid. I believe we’re the same age.” Hayi’s pout was too cute. “I don’t want to go anywhere at the moment.” Hanbin could see it from his peripheral vision.

 

          “Do you want to go for a ride?”


          I love you, guys. I mean, I almost cried seeing your comments.

I just wrote this fic because I feel like it, but I didn't expect having these nice comments. Muah, precious!

I am a cliffhanger. I'm gonna leave you guys hanging every chapter for a thrill. Hee hee 

   829 words