Super Nova [Beagles]

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Universityau!, angst, friendship, a bit of humor

Rated: PG-13

Word Count: 1.1k words

Pairing: Beagle Line (Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae)

Requested by: CordobaG15

Summary of the Request: A fic where Baekhyun suffers from either a mental illness or physical disability and from bullying and mental abuse. Chanyeol meets him and falls in love with him and in the end shows him that there are people who love him for who he is.

 

Some days are high, and some days are low.

 

The high days are Baekhyun's favorite. Everything seems brighter, ideas just flow through his mind easier and he gets the best motivation for new songs when he's on cloud nine. His friends, Chanyeol and Jongdae though, don't seem to feel the same way.

 

"Baek," Chanyeol says when the three of them are over at his house.

 

"Holy I just got the best idea--we could make some chocolate pizzas from scratch--ya have any marshmallows?" Baekhyun asks.

 

"What the ? We just ate pizza," Jongdae says, pausing his video game to stare at him in disbelief. "Are...you okay?"

 

"Yeah I'm great--" Baekhyun shoots up from his seat on the couch. "--ya know what--scratch the pizza idea. How about we paint or something. Like... painting. Yeol could be the model and I paint him and you sing in the background or something--I dunno. It'd be cool, right?"

 

A beat of silence goes by with the tips of Chanyeol's ears burning red and Jongdae furrowing his eyebrows.

 

"Are you high?" Jongdae asks with a serious face.

 

Baekhyun lets out a laugh.

 

"Did you take your meds?" Chanyeol asks at the same time.

 

"Wait, what?" Jongdae says. He turns to Baekhyun. "You take medication...? For what?"

 

Baekhyun shakes his head and grabs a napkin and a pencil from a nearby endtable drawer. "I'm bipolar." He smirks when he sees Jongdae's jaw drop at this revelation. "I don't seem crazy, right?"

 

"What? I just--I couldn't even tell, man!" Jongdae immediately responds.

 

Baekhyun laughs. "That's cause the meds worked."

 

"Worked? What do you..." Chanyeol asks as he watches Baekhyun move around. "What do you mean?"

 

"I still can't believe you're bipolar," Jongdae says, watching as Baekhyun sprawls himself on the ground. "That means you're bi times two then."

 

Baekhyun lets out a chuckle as he starts writing music notes on the napkin. "Yup."

 

"But you can't just--you can't stop taking them like that, Baek. What the are yo--" Chanyeol chimes in.

 

Baekhyun turns to look at Chanyeol. "I don't need them anymore--I'm better now."

 

"Better, my . Are you crazy?!" Chanyeol exclaims.

 

Baekhyun gives him a wry smile. "Not anymore."

 

"You...ugh...you..." Chanyeol puffs up his cheeks to hold himself back. Baekhyun snorts and Chanyeol lets out his feelings anyways. "You ing ah...! You don't just--argh--that's how you ing get withdrawal!"

 

Baekhyun stills at Chanyeol's words.

 

But he's been without sleep for two days and still feels like a ball of energy. Bright

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter