Training [Various]

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Mama!au, some humor, teen!EXO

Rated: PG

Word Count: 1.5k words

Pairing: Kaisoo, Xiuhan, Taohun

Requested by: N/a

Short Description: The twelve friends have a training session in a courtyard.

 

One day the twelve friends are just chilling, lounging about the courtyard and chatting about mundane things. Then, Kai suddenly gets an idea and stands up abruptly, getting some of the others to look at him curiously.

 

"Let's have a training session!" he announces with a grin.

 

The rest look at him, a few with furrowed eyebrows, a few with widened eyes and Kyungsoo with an adoring smile on his face.

 

"What, right now?" Baekhyun asks, from his resting spot on Yixing's lap. The elder had been giving him a massage earlier and just finished some minutes ago.

 

"Well, yeah," Kai replies.

 

"But...why?" Kris asks.

 

Kai starts looking reluctant and Kyungsoo quickly stands up and says, It'd be good practice, and stands next to him. Kai blushes and looks down at him and Kyungsoo looks up at him for a quick second before looking away at their friends with red ears.

 

Chen, who was sleeping with his legs over Luhan's thighs, gets shaken awake by Suho and groans in protest. Then, it takes only one glare from Kyungsoo to get everyone to readily agree to Kai's plan. Kai's stomach dances with butterflies at his older friend helping him out and then he ports to his room real quick to grab a writing utensil and something to write on before porting right back.

 

Some of his friends' eyes widen when he ports back (except for Kyungsoo who's the most used to him doing that), and Kai moves towards one of the benches with the items and draws out a chart filled with empty boxes and connecting lines. A diagram to help them remember who will go against who and what not. When he's done, he turns to them and this time he gasps when he sees that most of them were already behind him wondering what he was doing.

 

"Me first!" Luhan announces with a grin.

 

Kai murmurs out an Okay and fills in Luhan's name before turning and asking who wants to go against him. A few Me's then sound out from most of the rest of them while a few say that they don't really want to train. Lay, Tao, Chanyeol, and Chen are the ones who say they'd rather sit this out.

 

Kai asks if they're sure, and after another confirmation, pouts and crosses out a few empty boxes. Then, Chanyeol asks who's going up against Luhan, and Kai blinks because he couldn't even tell who said Me first. So, with an embarrassed grin, he asks again who wants to be in a match with Luhan and listens closely for the first person. Baekhyun's voice ends up being the one he hears first and so Baekhyun and Luhan start the training session.

 

---

 

"Okay, so here are the rules," Lay says from his spot on a make-shift referee seat. "No yelling at whoever's battling...If anyone gets touched by the other's power--"

 

Chanyeol bursts into laughter.

 

"Shut up--"

 

"Hahaha 'touched by the other's power'...!" Chanyeol says through his laughter. He ends up laughing so hard that tears fall out of his eyes and he wipes at them with an index finger. "Hoo...man."

 

"Are you done?" Lay asks, unamused.

 

Chanyeol clears his throat while still smiling. "Yeah, I guess."

 

Lay rolls his eyes. "So as I was saying, any touch means that the match ends. You can only stay here in the courtyard and yeah...that's about it."

 

"'Kay, ref!" Baekhyun chirps with a thumbs-up.

 

"Can we fight now?" Luhan asks, jumping slightly from foot to foot. "I kinda gotta go take a piss."

 

"Then, why'd you choose to go first?" Baekhyun asks, and Kyungsoo whistles to signal the match starting.

 

He jumps at the sound and looks over at Kyungsoo before turning to look at Luhan who quickly makes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter