Cannonball [Sekai+Kaibaek]

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Highschoolau!, romance, slight humor

Rated: PG-ish

Word Count: 1.5k words

Pairing: Kaibaek, kinda Sekai

Requested by: Anonymous

Summary of the Request: Jongin goes to spend his summer vacation at his best friend/crush Sehun's house so that he can confess. But falling for Sehun's older brother, Baekhyun, wasn't part of his plan.

 

Things aren't going the way that Jongin wants them to.

 

The first thing that his best friend/crush told him when school was out was that he wanted to spend the entire summer doing as many things together as they can. And ever happy to hang out with him, Jongin readily agreed to Sehun's plan (with the hope of some kinda romantic moment happening before the end of their break).

 

He was gonna smoulder the hell out of Sehun, confess his love, kiss him, date him, and maybe hopefully get married at some point? Or at least, that's what he always thought he'd do anyway.

 

---

 

When he visits Sehun's home a few weeks into the summer break, he's standing outside on the other's porch--bouncing on the heels of his feet. Today, Sehun wants to go to the local pool with him and so now Jongin's here in some shorts, a t-shirt and sandals with a beach-towel hanging off his shoulder. He absentmindedly bites his bottom lip at the prospect of seeing a shirtless and wet Sehun as he waits and his eyes glaze over at his increasingly dirty thoughts when Sehun finally opens the front door, clad in only hot-pink beach shorts and white sandals.

 

Jongin's heartbeat quickens and he quickly shields his eyes while laughing about how bright the shorts are to cover up his nervousness. Sehun playfully rolls his eyes at him and says, You're such a in' dork before closing the door and bounding past him while telling him to come on. Jongin's eyes follow after his quickly retreating figure and after catching up to him, he asks him what the rush is.

 

He doesn't even get the last syllable out though when they hear a sing-songy voice call out Sehun's name behind them. They both jolt and Jongin whips his head to see who's calling before he locks wide eyes with Sehun's older brother, Baekhyun, as the latter runs towards them from the house with a bottle of sunscreen in his hand.

 

"Noo!" Sehun whines, when Baekhyun calls his name again.

 

He then grabs onto Jongin's hand and Jongin's stomach erupts into butterflies as he feels himself getting dragged faster down the sidewalk. Even though Baekhyun's shorter than the both of them, he quickly manages to catch up to them while panting and latches a hand onto Sehun's shoulder to stop him.

 

Sehun squirms out of his grip and lets go of Jongin's hand as the pool entrance appears in their line of vision, and Jongin frowns while Baekhyun s the sunscreen bottle into Sehun's hand. With a groan that makes Jongin's body heat up, Sehun turns to look down at his older brother to whine, Why are you even here?

 

They start arguing with each other while Jongin walks to the right of Sehun and scratches at the back of his own left ear. Baekhyun's always had a knack for making him feel kinda nervous for some reason. Not because he's creepy, but because of, well, genetics. It's like probably a law of the universe that says if he finds Sehun to be hot as hell, then it's not unusual that a year-older brother would look equally as hot to him too. Or at least, that's what he tells himself anyway.

 

When they reach the pool entrance and Sehun shows the person behind the counter his pool card and visitor card, the two friends are further surprised when Baekhyun enters with them.

 

"Uh...what are you doing?" Sehun asks as Baekhyun continues walking with them. Usually his brother would just leave him alone at this point.

 

"Tch, is that any way to speak to your older brother?" Baekhyun says while frowning at him. Sehun rolls his eyes. "Hmph...that's what I thought."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter