Stars aligned [Kaisoo]

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Fluff, romance, slight!crack

Rated: PG-13-ish

Word Count: 1.5k words

Pairing: Kaisoo

Requested by: N/a

Short Description: Jongin's too scared to confess his feelings to his roommate Kyungsoo. Then, some tall stranger appears one day and things turn out differently than he could've ever expected.

 

"Jongin..." a deep, familiar voice calls through the void. "Jongin..."

 

Jongin lets out a muffled What? from the comfort of his bed-sheets.

 

"Get up," the voice says.

 

Jongin groans but complies--rolling onto his side and squinting at his roommate and the source of the voice, Kyungsoo. His hot, funny, cute, silly roommate Kyungsoo. Not that he'd ever say all that to his face. For some reason, just the thought of asking Kyungsoo out makes him break out into hives.

 

He ends up ogling Kyungsoo's as the latter moves around their shared bedroom before a yawn escapes his throat and makes his face scrunch up hilariously. Kyungsoo turns to him and smiles a bit while at the front door of their room and says that he'll text him later before walking out and closing the door behind himself.

 

Jongin pouts and gets up from his bed--stretching his arms and legs out and then running his hand through his hair repeatedly.

 

---

 

A typical day goes by with him at work; ringing up people's orders at a Chinese restaurant, talking to his co-workers from time to time, and counting down the time it'll take until he can be home in his bed and see Kyungsoo again.

 

During his lunch break, he ends up eating some food from the restaurant outside and texting back and forth with Kyungsoo who's about to go back to work in a few. Jongin pouts after Kyungsoo texts that he'll talk to him when he sees him at home and simply sends an Ok in response before looking up at the sound of approaching footsteps.

 

One of his co-workers, a cute guy nicknamed Luhan, walks by and greets Jongin on his way to clock in to work. Jongin greets him back before looking down at his phone to listen to some music while he finishes his food as the side-door opens and closes. Since no one else is around again, he figures that it's fine to sing along to his music.

 

Though he ends up embarrassing himself when another co-worker, Baekhyun, exits the restaurant and sees him singing dramatically to a Stevie Wonder song. He quickly pauses the song and greets a smirking Baekhyun with a meek Hi and blood rushing to his cheeks.

 

"Hey, why'd ya stop?" Baekhyun asks, sitting down on the step next to him. He opens up his food container and gestures in the air. "Play it, man. I love that song."

 

And so Jongin ends up smiling and singing along with Baekhyun to a funky song about superstitions.

 

---

 

Later, Jongin returns to his home; tired, hungry, and slightly pissed off.

 

He shrugs out of his jacket and shoes and grumbles to himself about a mistake he made at work. And as he walks towards his bedroom, all of his grumbling dies off as his eyes widen at the sight of a tall stranger sleeping on Kyungsoo's bed.

 

Who the ...?

 

The shower in the bathroom is running so Jongin figures that Kyungsoo's here too, but what he can't wrap his head around (and what scares him) is why some stranger is sleeping on his crush's bed. Jongin glances at the stranger while walking to the bathroom door and raises a fist to knock while calling out Kyungsoo's name.

 

The shower tap quickly turns off and Jongin swoons a bit at hearing his name being called back questioningly in Kyungsoo's deep, chocolatey tone.

 

"Um...who's the--" Jongin turns to look at the stranger to make sure they're still asleep before looking back at the door. "--the guy sleeping on your bed?"

 

Only silence is heard before Jongin hears the door-lock click and is greeted by the sight of Kyungsoo with damp hair and a barel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter