Part 1

Soulmates

Minseok took a look at his clock. Twenty four hours and the countdown was going down. He smiled, in just one day he would finally meet his soulmate. He started to reconstruct every scenarios he had already imagine about this meeting. Would his soulmate cross the door of his workplace and his other half would immedialty look at him and they would fall in love? Would he recognize him in the middle of the crowd ? Or would…

 

« Excuse me sir, I asked for my coffee at least twice already ! »

 

The young man came back hardly to reality, hearing the impatient voice of a customer. Lost in his romantic thoughts he had forgotten he was working.

 

« Oh, yes, I'm sorry, excuse me. »

 

A huge laughter answered him. He raised his head, realizing his best friend, Kyungsoo, was making fun of him.

« Always dreaming, right ? » he said still laughing. « You know I don't drink coffee. »

 

« Of course. »

 

That was one of the things he could not understand about him, coffee was just so good to not be drunk. Kyungsoo grabbed his arm and looked at the clock.

 

« I see. Too busy thinking about your soulmate you didn't even notice me. What will it be when you'll finally be with him or her? »

 

Minseok sighed, he was always making fun of him because he was a romantic but it was so easy for him, he had found his soulmate since a long time now, he did not had to wait for years like him.

 

« What are you doing here Kyungsoo ? »

 

He loved him with all his heart but sometimes he was just so annoying.

 

« Aren't you supposed to be with Jongin anyway ? »

 

Jongin was Kyungsoo's soulmate. Minseok and Kyungsoo were friends since childhood, and he met Jongin on their first day at high school. Not the most romantic meeting ever but at least he had his other half. Damn how jealous Minseok had been for so long but not today, no, he checked his clock, in twenty three hours, fifty minutes and a couple of seconds, he will have his own.

 

« Oh Minseok don't be lik that I was just joking ! »

 

He pouted cutely and the barista couldn't help but smile.

 

« Jongin told me to meet him here. He had finals all this week, the last one was today, so we didn't see each other a lot and he thought that it would be nice to see you too. »

 

Jongin was the only one of them who was still at college. Minseok took a look at the place, it was almost empty.

 

« Okay then, I guess I can wait for him with you if we stay here. »

 

He knew that alone, he would not be able to think about something else than his countdown so it could not be worse to be distracted. They sat on a table, not too far from the bar so Minseok could go back to work quicky if needed, and started talking. It only took a little bit more than ten minutes for Jongin to arrive in the coffee shop, Kyungsoo stood up as soon as he entered and when and when the youngest was at their side, he asked :

 

« How was it ? »

 

The young man just had a deep sigh and answered by a soft kiss on Kyungsoo's lips, making him blushed. Minseok laughed discretly, they have been a couple for years but his friend was still so shy and Jongin was so not that Kyungsoo was always embarrassed in front of other people when his boyfriend was too close. The funniest was mostly that Jongin did not care at all. He took a sit :

 

« So Minseok, Kyungsoo told me tomorrow was the day, right ? »

 

Hearing his name made Kyungsoo realized that he was still standing up and he sat next to Jongin.

« Did you tell the whole world ? » asked the barista.

 

« I think the whole world already know about your countdown, I mean, Minseok you kept talking about this day for years now, I almost feel like I'm the one waiting ! »

 

Jongin nodded. Minseok rolled eyes but could not hide a little smile. Kyungsoo was obviously right, as usual, he talked a lot about this day and even now he was trying his best to not tell anything.

 

« I'm a bit enthusiast and so what ?

 

« A bit ?! »

 

The both of them said it at the same time and then started laughing together.

 

« If you guys are only here to make fun of me, you can leave. »

 

« Sorry Minseok, but it was funny » finally said Jongin, even whipping the tears he had on the corner of his eyes.

 

« It's so easy for you two to laugh, you both have each other, you can't ever be lonely anymore and it's the same for everyone around me, you can't blame me for being impatient. »

 

A customer entered the café, giving him a reason to stand up and leave the table.

 

« Minseok wait, listen, I'm sorry I never thought you felt that way. » Kyungsoo said.

 

« It's alright, tomorrow it'll be over. »

 

Seeing that they still looked concerned, he smiled and then get back to work.

***

That night, Minseok barely slept. He was so impatient but also, the more it got closer the more he was anxious. He came early at work, he usually started at nine in the morning but was in front of the coffee shop at eight thirty. He had this irrational fear to miss his soulmate. Which was stupid, the countdown was never wrong, no matter how he would meet his other half when it will reach zero.

 

« Yes it can't go wrong. »

 

« Excuse me ? »

 

He did not even realized he had talk out loud. He blushed. He was preparing a coffee and the customer, waiting for it, had heard him. He turned around.

 

« Oh, nothing ! I'm sorry. » he gave him the coffee « here you go, enjoy ! »

 

The other one grabbed the cup, thanked him and left. Minseok took a look at his watch. Twenty minutes. Twenty minutes before the meeting and he was still working at the coffee shop, everything was exactly like how he imagined it. His soulmate would enter here in twenty minutes and they would...

 

« Minseok ! Can you do me a favor, please ? »

His co-worker, Jongdae, interrupted his thoughts.

 

« Hum, yes ? »

 

« Oh great, please, can you go at this address and grab the delivery for me ? I could go, but you know, if our boss discover that I left work for something personnal... I'll get fired, but he, he just loves you so much, nothing can happen to you. »

 

« What ? Now ? »

 

« Yes please. »

 

Minseok opened his mouth. He could not believe that, destiny was really making fun of him. His anxiety came back, it was at first one thing that goes wrong and then...

 

« It's your turn to work tomorrow right ? It's Saturday, I can do it at your place so you'll have your day free, okay ? »

 

Jongdae looked so imploring and really desperate, Minseok could not do anything but acquiesce.

 

« Alright, where it is ? »

 

His co-worker started to smile so much, he feared that his jaw would broke. He took a paper, wrote something on it and then gave it to him.

 

« You're saving my life Kim Minseok. »

 

« I know, I hope you'll enjoy your Saturday. »

 

The young man took off his uniform and then quickly left the café, looking at the address. It was not too far, maybe if he was fast he could come back there before the countdown reach zero and everything will happen like he dreamt of it. Yes, he could do that. His clock was showing seventeen minutes. He started to run as fast as possible. He knew he had no reason to. Wherever he would be, his soulmate would be too at this moment, but he could not control his anxiety, in his head, he had to be at the café for it, so he ran faster. It took him five minutes to get to the address, it was so quick that he cursed Jongdae in the way thinking that he could have done this by himself without their boss noticing anything. Five more minutes to ask and wait for the package, which let him with seven minutes to get back to the coffee shop. Checking his clock every two seconds, he ran again. But six minutes later, he was still running on the street. Maybe he did not ran fast enough, maybe it was because he was tired or out of breathe, maybe because he had something in his hand that he did not have when he came. His heart was beating fast, his eyes fixed on the clock. One minutes. He accelerated. Sixty seconds. He was almost at the café. Fifty seconds. He could do that right ? Forty seconds. He had a stitch. Thirty seconds. How much time had passed since the last time he did real sport ? Damn, he hated himself for not being more sporty right now. Twenty seconds. It was too hard, he was barely breathing. Ten seconds. He felt dizzy. Five seconds. He closed his eyes for a second, just one. Somebody hit him. Surprised, he opened his eyes. He heard a « I'm sorry » and just noticed that the person who hit him had blonde hair. And when he looked at his clock, it showed zero hour, zero minute and zero second. But where was his soulmate ?

 


Hello ! I hope the wait for this was not too long, I'm really sorry ;; As you can see, it's "part 1" so there will be at least two parts of this ! (I'm almost sure it'll be only two but since I always change my mind at the last minute it's better to say that I think haha) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it and see you soon for the next part ! ~ 
As usual, I'm sorry if there is any english mistake !