Part 3

Soulmates

Luhan was happy. His first week at work and, more important, in Korea, was over, and everything went well. He had nice colleagues, nice students, nice workplace. However, this Sunday, when he opens his eyes after a good night of sleep, he was feeling like something was missing. He stared at the ceiling and could not move, just thinking about it. After about ten minutes, he gave up, maybe he was just homesick, it could be possible, and he was starting to be too hungry so ge get up and took his breakfast. His cup of coffee in the hand, he sat on his couch and let his thoughts wander. The day before, Saturday, he had decided to do a little tour of the neighbourhood where the school he worked for was. There was not a much of things to do but he did found something wonderful for him, a coffee shop. Luhan loved coffee so much, it was probably the only drink he could never get tired of, maybe the only thing, so the fact that there was a café not too far from where he worked made him really happy. He already had imagine himself going there everytime he would have a break or time to loose. Plus, there was a bonus. The cute barista he saw. And when he said cute, he really meant it. He had never seen such a cute boy in his life. The chinese could totally picture him in his mind again, he had large cat-like eyes, a tiny mouth, his inferior lip was bigger that the superior, and he had noticed how passionate he looked while preparing his coffee. Luhan put his cup at his lips. He did not believed in love at the first sight but this young man had a thing that was driving him crazy since the moment he had met him. So, leaving his brain behind, he had decided to just go for it and ask him out. Yeah, he would totally do that in the week that was coming.

***

“Hey ! You're here ! Same as usual, right ?”

Luhan nodded. As usual, he repeated in his head. It has been more than a week since the day he promised himself to ask the barista out and for now, all he had managed to gain, by coming in the café everyday, was his name. And he did not even asked for it, he just heard his friend calling him “Minseok”. He could not believe that. His name was as cute as him, this man should not being allowed to exist, he was too cute and was definetly hurting him, which was illegal. Exactly he was illegal. And everytime he entered into that café, convincing himself that this time he would ask him out, he just forgot all of this and melted internally just by seeing him and his sweet smile. The Chinese had probably done half of the total revenue of the coffee shop. The good point was that now Minseok knew he existed, he was known as the “regular client”. Okay, he had no name for the barista, but this was still something, this was a little step. A very tiny little step. But, as he was staring at the young man making his coffee, he really wanted to take a huge step. 

“Do you like dates?”

Good job Luhan that was a huge big and wrong step, a voice said in his head. He saw Minseok suddenly stopped everything, turned aroung and looked at him with his big, beautiful, eyes, and all he wanted at this right moment was to punch himself in the head.

“What ?!”

“Nothing, I'm sorry, I... sorry.”

Unable to formulate anything else he just smiled a bit and started to leave.

“Wait, wait !”

His heart missed a beat. He stopped immediately, and turned back. The barista came closer to him. Please, tell me that you totally understood what I meant and that you'd love to have a date with me because you really have a crush on me and...

“You forgot your coffee !”

“Oh that...”

He was so disappointed and he probably looked and sounded like that too because the barista added :

“Are you okay ? You look weird.”

Awesome, he looked weird now, what could be better.

“Yes, I'm totally fine !”

“Well, okay, here you go, have a good day !”

Luhan took the coffee, and accidentely touched the barista's fingers. He felt like electricity going between them. He looked up, and met his gaze. They stayed like that, just staring at each other, his heartbeat were so fast, he was feeling like Minseok could hear them. It was the perfect moment, the connection was back, he had to ask him, now !

“Would you go on a date with me ?”

He saw his eyes getting bigger.

“I know, you don't know me but, that's the point of a date, no ? Getting to know each other, right ?”

Since the other one was keeping silent, and that his eyes were still getting bigger, he never thought it could be that possible, he just said :

“I'm sorry, you don't have to answer that.”

He took his coffee, breaking the contact.

“Have a good...”

“Okay.”

“... day too, what ?”

“For the date, I'd love to.”

It took his breathe away for a couple of seconds. He never imagined that he would have come that far.

“Really ?” was the only thing that came out of his mouth.

“Yeah !”

Realizing what was happening right now he started smiling, probably like an idiot.

“That's amazing ! Well, I have to get back to work right now but are you free on Saturday ?”

“Yes, absolutely, Saturday is amazing.”

“Alright, I will pick you up here at two in the afternoon.”

“Just, can I ask for your name ? I'm Minseok.”

Luhan thought a second but finally decided to act like he did not know his name.

“I'm Luhan. I really have to go now, thank you so much for saying yes.”

He did not wait for any answer, seeing how late he was starting to be, he smiled, waved and left. On his way back to the school, his heart was bumping happily in his chest. He could not believe he did that. It was not that difficult finally. He did it. He asked Minseok out.

***

Minseok looked at Kyungsoo and Jongin, sitting in front of him.

“Why did I say yes ? I should have not say yes.”

Kyungsoo took the cookie he had bought and putted it on his mouth.

“Why that, he seems cute and well, it's just a date.”

After saying that Jongin leaned and bit the other half of the cookie that was in his boyfriend mouth. Minseok sighed seeing Kyungsoo's eyes getting bigger and his cheeks redder because of the embarrassment. Jongin was literally doing that everytime the other one was eating a cookie, he did not understand how Kyungsoo could still be so surprised and shy about it.

“Yeah, it's just a date like you say, but I have that soulmate somewhere and I should search for it instead then just dating some random guys because he's cute.”

Both of them was chewing their side of the cookie. Kyungsoo looking at his hand and Jongin staring at him just like he was judging him.

“Say what you want Jongin, don't look at me like that.” Minseok said taking a sip of his coffee.

“Well, okay, don't take it too bad, but I think you should maybe, hum consider to, you know...” he begun.

“What Jongin means is that we think that you really should move on from this soulmate thing because seriously, how are you going to find back someone who bumped into you a week ago in Seoul ?”

Minseok crossed his arms. Of course they were right.

“So, yeah, find the cutest boy you can find and just date him, you can do nothing else.”

“But, we're all supposed to have only one soulmate right ? What if I start dating this cute boy and then one day he finds his soulmate, what would I become ?”

Jongin gently putted his hand on his friend shoulder.

“Just go on this date, you'll worry about that later.”

“Well I guess I have to, I've already asked Jongdae to work for me on Saturday again.” Minseok said.

 


Hi ! 

So yeah, I'm unable to do things like I planned so there is again another part that is coming after this one ! Actually I wanted to write everything in this one but it was so long I thought it was better to cut. 
I hope you liked it, see you soon for the end of this !!