Part 2

Soulmates

Minseok did not understand. He kept on turning aroung but he saw nobody, no one who was watching at his clock or looking like they were searching someone like him. How was it possible ? Could it be real that his soulmate, it was hard for him to even think of it, does not care about finding his own ? No. It could not happen. Not to him. Not to him who waited for so long for this day. It was not possible. He did many turns on himself, but nothing changed. He was still the only one on this street looking for a miracle. But he had to admit it. He missed his soulmate.

 

***

Minseok what are you doing here ?”

 

Jongdae's voice was so high pitched at this moment that some customers turned aroung to stare at him. Minseok took the time to take his uniform before coming at his co-worker side.

 

I was bored at home so I thought that it'd be better to come and work.”

 

But, I told you that I'd take your Saturday to thank you for yesterday !”

 

Yeah I know, and I'm thankful but I like working.”

 

Are you even real Kim Minseok ?!”

 

He probably mumbled some other stuffs but Minseok could not care less about what Jongdae could think about him as a customer came into the coffee shop. The first thing that he noticed was the fact that he had blonde hair and it strangely reminded him of something but he could not remember what. He was looking everywhere, he seemed very curious. Minseok found it weird, what was so amazing about a basic coffee shop ? When he came closer to him, the young man had to recognize how pretty he was. He looked a bit feminine but also had a sort of charisma that made him manly. His face, Minseok was sure about it, had no flaws. He was thin and tall, but probably not too much taller than him. He was wearing a simple black shirt and a jean, however, he looked like a model. A model, that wa susrely what he was doing for living, there was no way an handsome guy like that was not a model, and it would explain the blonde hair, that was suiting him perfectly by the way. The barista suddenly felt ugly.

 

Hello.”

 

He smiled. Cute. Very cute, thought Minseok.

 

Can I have an americano, please ?”

 

He had a slight accent. He was not korean but he spoke very well. Was him a smart guy also ?!

 

Yeah, of course.”

 

His hands were shaking. He could not understand why but this guy really provoked something to his brain and boyd. He smiled back. Well, at least, he tried but he was not sure if it really ended up as a smile and not a weird grimace. He quickly took the money and turned around to make the coffee. Maybe if he kept his eyes off him, it would stop. And it did, for a few minutes the young man only focused on what he was doing and, as usual, was doing it perfectly. It might seemed strange but Minseok really lloved maing coffee. He wanted to do art. Art was not, for him, something that should be limited to things you could see but also for things you could taste. It was important for him to do it well and he enjoyed it so much. But as soon as he turned back and met his gaze, he started shaking again. There was like a connection between them. Something that made Minseok never want to break the eye contact. He did not know this guy, he really did not understand what was going on but he was sure that the other one felt the same.

 

Minseok ! We knew you'll be there.”

 

Kyungsoo's voice. He broke the contact to look at his friend, who just entered into the café with Jongin. He realized he still had the coffee cup in his hand.

 

Here you go, excuse me.” he said, giving the blonde guy what he ordered.

 

It's okay, thank you.”

 

He smiled again and Minseok felt like melting. He grabbed the coffee and then just left, Kyungsoo came at his place.

 

Heey Minseok !”

 

Oh yeah, hi.”

 

He shaked his head, to get his thoughts clearer. Impossible, all he wanted was to look at this guy again and again.

 

So, how it goes ?”

 

Goes, what ?”

 

What do you mean what ? Are you okay Minseok ? We're already surprised that we still don't know your other half and now you're acting like you totally forgot, what's going on ?”

 

Suddenly, he came back to reality.

 

I don't want to talk about it.” he answered coldly.

 

What ?!” Kyungsoo and Jongin said together.

 

Minseok shrugged and started cleaning the coffee machine, which was already clean.

 

Hey, what happened ?”

 

Kyungsoo's voice was as sweet as possible but it did not make the barista stop what he was doing.

 

Stop working for a second and tell us !”

 

Jongin, unlike his boyfriend, was starting to get impatient.

 

Yeah please, if it's possible, make him stop working because he's not supposed to !”

 

Minseok turned aroung while hearing Jongdae's voice. He thought his co-worker was gone for a long time but apparently not. They were all staring at him with big eyes, all expecting something from him, and he just did not want to talk to anyone, he just wanted to work and changed his mind. But he knew he could not.

 

Okay fine !”

 

He dropped the sponge which was in his hand, took off his uniform and went around the bar to join his friends.

 

I'll tell you everything.”

 

He made them follow him to a table and when they both sat in front of him, he explained what happened the day before, and it ended with him trying to look away, his arms crossed, and Kyungsoo's eyes and Jongin's mouth entirely open.

 

How is that even possible ?” finally dared to ask Jongin after a minute.

 

I don't know.”

 

The clock can't be wrong, can it ?” continued Kyungsoo.

 

I don't think so.”

 

I mean, you were in the street, and the countdown reached zero but there was nobody ?”

 

Already tired with all these questions, Minseok only said no with his head.

 

How is that possible ??” said Jongin again.

 

Nobody really ?”

 

Well, I do bumped into someone, but this can't be that, right ?”

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo just stared at him without saying anything.

 

Tell me this can't be that.”

 

I'm sorry Minseok but...” gently began Kyungsoo.

 

The barista stood up.

 

No!” he almost yelled that “this is just so unfair! How am I supposed to find back someone I just bumped into? This is impossible, this city is huge, this is not fair!”

 

They just stayed silent. He felt tears coming to his eyes.

 

I have to get back to work.”

 

Without adding anything he left them. He hated the way they looked at him, with eyes full of pity, it was disgusting. Nothing was happening like he thought it would. He finally reached the day he was supposed to met his soulmate but it was impossible for him to find his other half now. Of course, it had to happen to him. What was him supposed to do now? Stay alone for the rest of his life? He leaned an arm on the bar, his hand supporting his head and took a look at everyone in the café. His two friends were whispering things to each other, he was a hundred percents sure that they were talking about him. He could not help but noticed that everyone was sitting with someone else which made him feeling even worse. Actually, there was only one person who was alone. That strange probably not Korean blonde guy. He was sitting next to a window and was looking outside while drinking his coffee. Minseok sighed. That guy probably had his own soulmate waiting for him somewhere, and he would stay lonely. 

 


Hello ! Here is the new part of this story ! 
As usual, I said two parts and finally it'll be probably three (i'm almost sure it'll be only three but well, you know...).
I hope you enjoyed it anyway, thank you for reading :)