Part 4

Soulmates

Worry later. But later when ? This is all Minseok could think of during the whole date. Date that was lovely, this apart. Luhan came exactly like he said, they decided to go see a movie, movie they both liked very much while eating a lot of pop corn. And now they were just walking, without any purpose, just enjoying the time together. Luhan told him that he was from China, which explained totally the accent Minseok heard the first time they met, and blushed a bit when the barista complimented him on his korean. They discovered that they both loved coffee very much, and at this moment it was Luhan who complimented him and he was the one who blushed, but also enjoyed soccer. They just learnt about each other and Minseok realized that, beside him being the prettiest human being on earth, he was also very intersting, funy and perfect. So he started to worry. Noticing that he was really falling for this guy all he wanted to know now was when Luhan would let him down for his soulmate. However, autumn was here and the Chinese was wearing long sleeves so Minseok could not see his clock, and damn, how much he wanted to take of that shirt.

 

“Hey, can we get back to the coffee shop ? I'm craving for one of your coffee to be honest.”

 

“Yeah of course ! And it's on the house for this time !”

 

Luhan smiled and they walked to the café. When Jongdae saw his co-worker entered the place, he frowned but Minseok reassured him immediately. This time he did not come back to work, just to do a coffee for him and his date. He did not look really convinced by it but when Minseok left him alone in front of a queue of clients, two cups in his hands, he believed him. The Chinese boy was already sitting on a table, a bit off center and near to the window, and was patientely waiting for him, looking outside.

 

“Here we go.”

 

He took back his attention on Minseok.

 

“Thank you.”

 

The other one sat in front of him. They started again their conversation, but the barista was still obsessed by Luhan's arms, who were still hidden by his shirt. Couldn't he just rolled his sleeves up, for just a bit ? The heat on the café was on, the place was crowded and kinda hot, there was no reason for him to keep his sleeves like that, was it ?

 

“This is very good, you are really good at it.”

He putted down the cup and started to rolled up his sleeves.

 

“Oh, thank you so much !!”

 

Minseok stared at his arms, but he could not see anything. There was nothing. No clock.

 

“Is there a problem Minseok ?”

 

“You don't have any clock.”

 

He said that without thinking of it, too surprised.

 

“No, I don't. It happens sometimes.”

 

“How is that possible ? If you don't know when you'll meet your soulmate then, what do you do ?”

 

Luhan put his arms under the table and stayed silent, Minseok understood that it was embarrassing him.

 

“I'm sorry” he said “You don't have to answer that.”

 

“I don't care.”

 

“What ?”

 

“Soulmates. I don't care.”

 

The barista opened his eyes hugely.

 

“Seriously ?”

 

“Yeah. I think it's stupid. You're waiting all your life for someone you know nothing about, I think you miss so much by doing that. Meanwhile, I'm just enjoying what is given to me, if I like somebody then I'll go for it instead of waiting and waiting.”

 

Minseok was now the one who felt embarassed.

 

“Well, it's not anybody you're waiting for... it's your soulmate. It can be anybody, it does not matter, it's your other half, you're meant to be.”

 

“I guess...”

 

An awkward silent took place between them. Luhan took back his coffee and drank it, and what he said kept coming back into Minseok's mind. He had crushed in a couple of sentences everything he believed in.

 

“So, where is your other half, when are you going to meet ?”

 

The Chinese's voice bring him back on earth. He suddenly wanted to disappear. How was he going to say that him who defended soulmates with passion had being played by this system ?

 

“I, hum, we... We did met.”

He noticed that his date looked disappointed.

 

“Really ?”

 

“Yeah but, we met without knowing we met... It's complicated.”

 

“You don't have to answer that either.”

 

Minseok smiled, nodded lightly, and Luhan just changed the subject. They stayed hours talking in the coffee shop, for so long that at a moment, Jongdae asked Minseok if it was okay for him to close the café for him. Even if they did not agree on the soulmate story, they were totally in tuned for everything else. It was so amazing, it was really the first time that the barista found someone with who he could talk like that. Kyungsoo and him were closed but they never had that kind of fusionnal relationship even after years, while him and Luhan had been together for just a day. They just ended up alone in the coffee shop.

 

“It's already that late ?”

 

Minseok looked outside and noticed that the sun was already disappearing.

 

“Oh yes, time flies. I should really close this place.”

 

He stood up.

 

“Can I tell you something first ?” Luhan said, standing up too.

 

“Yes of course !”

 

“Hum, you see everything I said about soulmates ?”

 

The other one said yes with his head, hard to forget.

 

“Well, it might seemed a bit rushed but... I really think you made me change my mind.”

 

“What do you mean ?”

 

“Since the first time I saw you, I could not get you out of my head, like really. All I was thinking about was to ask you out and that's why I kept coming back here. When I finally did it, and you said yes, and this date, it was really amazing. We talked all day just like we have known each other for years, it was so natural, so easy. I have never felt that way for someone else. And I really wish that the soulmate I have to meet is you.”

 

Minseok could not breathe, hearing those words. He had been dreaming for something romantic like that all his life, and even if he had believed that it would be the day he had met his soulmate, it was still beautiful. Since he was not answering anything, Luhan quickly added :

 

“But I guess it's not possible since you already met yours, right ?”

 

The young man felt like the romantic bubble he was in just popped.

 

“I just bumped into someone and this someone is supposed to be my soulmate but I don't even know how I could find him or her. I did not even see who it was.”

The Chinese had a little smile.

 

“So what are you going to do ?”

 

“I really don't know and I really don't want to think about that right now, I'll worry about that later, so can I just kiss you ?”

 

It had crossed his lips without even noticing it.

 

“Yes, yes you can.”

 

Minseok took his hand and slowly came closer to him. He closed his eyes and put his lips on Luhan's. Now that he was that close to him it became clear in his head. The blonde hair reminded him something because of that day, the day he had met his soulmate, the guy he bumped into had blonde hair too. There was nothing sure that Luhan and this mysterious guy was the same person, nothing else but his instinct. And when they broke the contact, he strongely believed that it was him.

 

“You are.” he said in a shy voice “You are my soulmate.”

 

“What ?”

 

“The guy I bumped into that day, it was you. I know it, I can feel it.”

 

Luhan was staring at him with big eyes but Minseok could not help but smile.

 

“I remember that he had blonde hair, that's why, when I saw you for the first you reminded me of someone. And, I don't know, when we kissed, it just became so clear, so obvious. It's you. That special connection between us can be explained only because you are my other half.”

 

Too happy, he kissed him one more time.

 

“No matter what happens, soulmates always end up together, we are meant to be Luhan.”


And here is the end of this story ! I hope you liked it ;; I tried my best ! Thank you so much for reading ~