1.

Soulmates

Imagine a world in which you were born with a clock on your arm. A digital clock that shows a countdown until the moment you meet your soulmate. One unique countdown for each pair of souls but all different for each pair. Once the countdown reaches zero years, zero months and zero hours, you have met your soulmate. This clock shows the moment when your soulmate enters in your life. You have met someone when you can remember this meeting. It can be someone you see everyday and, for the less lucky, just someone you bumped into once. It is everyone's purpose to find their soulmate, to be able to spend the rest of their lives with him or her, because when you find it, you can be sure that you will never be lonely anymore. But, even in this world, nothing is perfect and mistakes can happen. Sometimes, a baby can be born without his clock. It does not mean that there is not soulmate for him, it just means that he can not know when he is going to meet his other half.

 

Luhan was different. He was one of those people who were born without any clock. He remembered how sad he was during his childhood because he thought that it meant that he would be forever alone, but, while growing up, he realized that it was not that important after all. He was twenty six now, had finished his studies in China where he was born, and was about to go live in Korea to be a chinese teacher there. For him, life was about so much more than love and soulmates. He was thinking that the idea that only one person in the whole world was good enough for another one was stupid. What if one of them died before meeting the other ? Then the other one had to live alone until the end of his days ? Stupid. Not having a clock was a for him a way to be free. He could fall in love with anybody, anywhere at anytime, without being obsessed with a countdown like everyone he ever met.

 

Kim Minseok had one. He was twenty six years old too, a korean young man, he worked into a coffee shop for a couple of years now after giving up on his law studies. Studies that he did only for his parents but it had really a passion for coffee and that was why he decided to follow his dream. His plan was to save enough money to own his café one day. Minseok was a romantic guy, it was useless to lie about it. He was craving for the moment he will meet his soulmate. His was checking his clock every morning while waking up. He was the last among all his friends that still has not met his other half and was really annoyed by it. He kept on thinking of the way he was going to meet his soulmate, it was so important for him, he felt like he was born only for it, and he really hated that he had to wait so much.

And, one day, his countdown finally showed twenty four hours.