Little Battlefield?

Forgotten Love

story written by: pinklove

""""""""""""""""""
Kikwang's POV

Before I knew it, it was Sunday morning. 
 
Pulling my covers over my eyes to block the sunlight, I groaned. My fight with Jaehwa didn't go very smoothly after "that". To be honest, my memory of the events that occured yesterday, were fuzzy. It just all happened too fast.
 
"Gikwang! Wakey wakey~" 
 
I heard a knock on the door as it slowly creaked open. 
 
"Umma..it's too early.." I mumbled, squinting my eyes and hiding deeper into my covers.
 
I felt the corner of my bed slightly sink. A sudden cold gush of air tingled all over my body. My blankets were gone. Shivering, I looked at my smiling mother with one eye open.
 
"Gikwang-ah..too early? it's almost 2PM, and you leave at 8PM... don't you want to do something here before you leave?" 
 
I looked at her with both eyes slightly open.
 
Something I want to do before I leave...? I sighed a deep sigh and rubbed my eyes.
 
"Yeah, I'll get up."
 
My mom lightly patted my back.
 
"Aigoo, when did my baby Gikwang turn into such a handsome, talented and well, toned young man?" she asked, rubbing my arms. 
 
I laughed at her weakly and sat uprught. Maybe when I met the girl of my dreams. My mom patted my back one last time and left the room. That was my cue to lie back down into bed.I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and pressed the lock button. Squinting my eyes from the sudden brightness, I tapped on the "call" button. I found myself dialing Jaehwa's number. Wait...she probably doesn't want too see you. You were really a jerk to her yesterday. I sighed heavily and closed my eyes, letting my phone fall onto my chest.
 
What do I want to do on my last day here...?
 
ㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁ

Jaehwa's POV
 
I leaned my head on to my hands and looked out the window, sipping on my strawberry drink. Every now and then id look at my cellphone to see if their was a new message, or a new call, but not a single one came.Gikwang-ah, you must be really mad at me...I sighed and bit my lower lip. Yesterday was suppose to be perfect..babo...how'd we end up like this..?
 
"YAH! Jung Jaehwa! Stop zoning out!"
 
Cha Ri sat in front of me, placing a tray of pastries on the table. I must've been really deep in thought, I'd forgotten that I had came here with Cha Ri. 
 
"Oh..sorry.." I mumbled, my eyes never leaving the window.
 
Cha Ri looked carefully at Jaehwa.
 
"Somethings wrong with this girl.." Cha Ri thought, studying Jaehwa.
 
"She hasn't talked, or smiled, or anything ... and im pretty sure she'd have plenty to say after the date she was so excited about..."
 
A light bulb went off in Cha Ri's head as she put two and two togeter.
 
"...unless of course..the date went bad.."
 
Cha Ri waved her hand in front of me. I put my drink down and looked at her with an arched eyebrow.
 
"Waeyo..?" I asked, pursing my lips.
 
Cha Ri intertwined her fingers together and rested her chin on top of them. She glared a death glare at me.
 
"Spill it Jaehwa."
 
I looked at her with my eyes widened. 
 
"W-what are you talking about..?"
 
Cha Ri rolled her eyes.
 
"I'm your friend Jaehwa. I can tell when somethings wrong with you."
 
I looked around the cafè from side to side, attempting to avoid eye contact with Cha Ri. It didn't work though, her eyes followed mine.
 
"Jaehwa-ah, you can't hide whatever you're hiding from me."
 
I hung my head low and sighed.
 
"Am I that easy to see through Cha Ri?"
 
Cha Ri giggled.
 
"Yes, now tell me!"
 
I explained to Cha Ri all about yesterday. Every single detail.
 
"Wow..Jung Jaehwa.. Never thought you'd had it in you to do something that — demanding? Isn't it suppose to the guy who does that..?"
 
Cha Ri tore a piece of a pastry and popped it into . 
 
"I just thought...after two years of dating..it was time...I wanted to give him something to remember me.." i stuttered. 
 
I felt my face turn hot. Talking about erm..that..made me feel embarssed.Cha Ri sipped on her coffee while looking at me.
 
"You know, I've known Gikwang for a while. He probably just held himself back." 
 
"Why would he do that..?"
 
Cha Ri flipped her chocolate light curls to the side and wiped with a napkin.
 
"Because he really loves you."
 
I felt my eyes widen. 
 
"He loves me..?" 
 
Cha Ri giggled and made a smile.
 
"Yeah, he's just shy to tell you. I can tell. Whatever reason he held himself back for..was for the better. Trust me." 
 
I stared at her blankly, absorbing everything in.
 
Gikwang REALLY loves me? 
 
Cha Ri looked at my expression and laughed.
 
"Oh, and he'll remember you. I mean, wouldn't you remember the girl you almost lost your ity too?"
 
I shot Cha Ri a glare.
 
"Shut up.."
 
Cha Ri giggled.
 
"I will if you go bring me some more napkins."
 
"Lazy ."
 
I stood up and walked over to the counter to ask for more napkins.
 
Cha Ri eyed Jaehwa's phone. 
      
This stole my Gikwang.
This doesn't even know he leaves today.
This is the girl he picked me over?
This of a girlfriend ?!      
 
A smirk formed on Cha Ri's face. She reached over and casually took Jaehwa's phone, and slipped it into her own purse.
 
If I can't be Gikwangs girl, he won't have a girl.
 
 ||||||||||||||||||||||
 
"Oh, I'm sorry Gikwang-ah, Jaehwa isn't home right now.."
 
"Ah..neh..Mianhaeyo."
 
I bowed respectfully at Jaehwa's mother.
 
"I'll tell her you dropped by, okay?" Jaehwa's mother said with a smile.
 
I shook my two hands side to side, smiling weakly.
 
"Aniyo, It's fine. I'll be leaving now."
 
With that, I turned around and walked to Jaehwa's brick gates. I stopped there and pulled out my phone.
 
It's already six thirty huh..and yet nothing...Tossing my phone in frustration to the ground , I pulled my bangs and closed my eyes, biting my lower lip to hold my frusterated scream.
 
Jaehwa-ah, are you really gonna send me off like this?
 
I felt myself feeling more and more restless as the hours went by. My heart felt as if it was slowly ripping as every tick on the clock passed. It was getting harder and harder to smile.
 
Was our relationship gone cause of this? 
 
I looked over at my phone again, and picked it up.
 
Leaning my back aganist my the gate, I slowly dialed Jaehwa's number. As every ring rung, I felt my heart beat faster.
 
"Ann
.
 
..
.
..
 
.
.
......
 
 
 
 
 
yeong~ It's Jaehwa!"
 
I felt a smile form on my face.
 
"Jaehwa-ah! You picked up! I re—"
 
"I'm not able to pick up your call, but leave me a voicemail or a text message instead~ byeyeom~"
 
 
Jaehwa ALWAYS picks up her phone..unless she doesn't want to talk to the person calling..
 
I slide my back down aganist the cold brick walls. My heart dropped. My palms turned into fists, as hung my head low. 
 
"Jaehwa..I'm leaving tonight....please let me see you once more...I don't care if you hate me..just let me see you.."
 
My voice trailed off as I braced myself for the next words I was about to say.
 
"...because I love you. I really ing love you. If I don't see you again..it's gonna be something I'll regret forever. I wont know how to live life, knowing I couldn't see you smile once more."
 
Pressing the button to lock my phone, i let it drop on the ground. 
I gulped hard and let out a sigh. 
 
Jaehwa...please..I need to see you one more time. 
 
I peered over to the time one more time. 
 
The tears I so despretley tried to hold back, starting flowing out. 
 
1 hour and 15 minutes till i leave the girl of my life.
 
~
 
Looping my arms with Cha Ri's, we stepped out of the movie theater.
 
"Ah~ Cha Ri-ah, you made me feel so much better!" I smiled and inhaled the fresh air of the early evening air.
 
Cha Ri looked at me and rolled her eyes.
 
"You're so lame."
 
I nuged her in the ribs and smilied.
 
"But you love it anyways~"
 
Cha Ri and I both broke into laughter, walking slowly down the city streets in silence.
 
"So Jaehwa..did Gikwang leave yet?" Cha Ri casually brought up. A slight smirk formed on her face.
 
 
i stopped walking. I felt my eyes widen, my heart stopped.
 
Gikwang...
leaves today...
how could've I forgotten..
 
Letting go of Cha Ri's arm, I frantically looked for my phone. I felt tears forming around my eyes.
I couldn't find it anywhere.
 
"Cha Ri..what have I done.."
 
"You? Ruined Gikwang. That's what you did." Cha Ri scoffed.
 
I looked at her with a confused face.
 
"Mwo? Cha Ri-ah..."
 
Cha Ri crossed her arms. I felt her glares penatrating me.
 
"You're such a . Your boyfriend leaves today, and you don't even bother to see him?"
 
I wiped my tears away and looked at her in fisbelief.
 
"Cha Ri-ah..what are you saying..I thought we were friends.."
 
Cha ri rolled her eyes.
 
", I'm saying I could've been a better girl for him— but he picked you instead. And it disgusts me."
 
Cha Ri pulled something out of her bag and dropped something on the ground nonchantatly.
 
"Here . It's probably too late. He leaves at 8, and I killed alot of time for you."
 
I looked at Cha Ri's smirk. Oh , how I wanted to punch the smirk right off her face.
 
Swalling hard, I reaches over for the thing Cha Ri dropped.
 
My phone!
 
*1 voicemail*
 
Quickly, I entered my passcode and brought the phone to my ear. Instantly , the sweet voice of Gikwang filled my ear.
 
"Jaehwa..I'm leaving tonight....please let me see you once more...I don't care if you hate me..just let me see you.."
 
I could hear Gikwangs voice was weary. There was a few seconds of silence.
 
"...because I love you. I really ing love you. If I don't see you again..it's gonna be something I'll regret forever. I wont know how to live life, knowing I couldn't see you smile once more."
 
Tears and smile formed on my face as I covered mg hands with my mouth.
 
I had to see him. I HAVE too.
 
I peered atthe time on my phone.
 
7:45? I could make it in 15 minutes if I ran.
 
Swalling hard, I started running— but an arm stoppes me from going more then two steps.
 
" where you going? It's to late. Gikwang probaby hates you by now."
 
I felt my palms turn into fist. Looking at her smirk, my blood boiled inside.
 
"SHUT UP. You're the twofaced ! I'm going to see Gikwang even if he hates me ! I'll stop the ing train if I have too." 
 
With that, I roughly brushed Cha Ri's shoulder and ran as fast as I could.
 
Gikwang...please don't leave me yet...
 
~~~~
 
hai guise~
its pinklove
sorry for the slow update! 
it's finals time at my school, they actually start tomorrow :X
plus recently I've been playing maplestory again..
im such a loser /facepalm.
well yeah, my chapter looks like crap compared to xen's
hope you enjoy anyway~
till next time
byes~
 
oh yeah, be sure to check out our individual fanfics ^^
 
||||||||||

Xen's conclusion was written a week later LOL

Hiyeom Xen hur ^^
AIYA! FINALS ARE OVER!
I'm currently on my sem break
PHEW~
Anyways, I hope you can all keep reading!
Imma go update chap 6 hehe
Byeyeom :)