Not So Typical Valentine's Day Gift

Minahyo Stories

A bit late for Valentine's Day but here it is.


“Mina-ah,” Jihyo pokes Mina’s arm gently, hoping to capture her attention. She waits for a few seconds and when she doesn’t get a response, Jihyo pokes her arm again and repeats her words, this time her voice slightly louder. The younger girl doesn’t respond again and Jihyo pokes her another time. Silence is the response that she receives and Jihyo starts pouting, she pokes her once more hoping that this time the younger girl will respond. “Mina-ah,” Mina closes her eyes for moment, taking a couple of deep breaths in hopes to calm herself down and allow the frustration to wash away.

Despite today being Valentines Day, Mina had a load of work to do, from marking her students test papers to planning her lectures that she would be doing when the semester begins. Today was the only day that she was available to do everything, even if she wanted to spend the time with her girlfriend. However Jihyo’s constant poking was currently distracting her, “Mina-ah,” she opened her eyes and tried to focus on the papers in front of her, ignoring the older girl.

She had only managed to read the first paragraph of the one of the papers before she couldn’t take it anymore, the poking was getting annoying and her arm was starting to hurt slightly. “What do you want Jihyo?” Mina turned her body so that she was facing her girlfriend, brows furrowed, hoping that her voice didn’t sound too annoyed. The older girl didn’t reply and before Mina could start speaking, Jihyo leaned forward and captured her lips. The younger girl’s eyes widened slightly at her actions before she closed her eyes slowly and returned the kiss, the frustration disappearing immediately.

Mina raised her hands to cup Jihyo’s cheeks gently, slowly moving them until they were behind the older girl’s neck. She wanted to deepen the kiss and run her fingers through her hair but before she could do so, Jihyo pulled away causing Mina to pout. A laugh escaped Jihyo’s lips, “You’re cute when you pout,” Her lips formed into a smile when she noticed the faint blush on Mina’s cheeks. “So what was so important that you had to interrupt me,” the younger girl questioned, beginning to gently run her fingers through Jihyo’s hair, eyes occasionally landing on her girlfriend’s lips.

“Well ever since our PS4 broke I know you’ve been sad that you couldn’t play your games anymore. So these past few months I saved some money and bought us a new one.” Mina’s eyes widened at the older girl’s words, she knows that Jihyo would occasionally get upset when she gets too focused on her games and ignoring her. She figured that Jihyo would have been happy to rid herself of it, “I told you not to get me anything,” she replied.

Jihyo shrugged her shoulders slightly in response, “I know but I wanted to, I know how much you love to play games.” She unwrapped her arms from around Mina’s waist and leaned down to grab the bag behind Mina’s chair. The older girl handed Mina the bag and grinned as she watched her girlfriend’s eyes light up in happiness. Jihyo watched Mina lovingly, her lips forming into a grin at the sight of her girlfriend smiling.

After scanning through all the games that Jihyo had bought, Mina looked back up to face her girlfriend, quickly placing the bag back on the floor gently before wrapping her arms around Jihyo’s neck and capturing her lips. The older girl smiled into kiss and wrapped her arms around Mina’s waist in response and deepening the kiss. A few minutes had passed before she had to pull away, taking a couple of deep breaths to slow down her breathing

“Happy Valentines Day I guess,” Mina laughed at Jihyo’s words, a smile on her face as she gazed at her girlfriend. “Happy Valentines Day,” she kissed Jihyo quickly once more before removing her arms from around the older girl and turning her attention back to the unmarked test papers on her desk. “I should finish marking, but if I finish early why don’t we head out for dinner?” The younger girl asked.

Jihyo nodded her head in response, “Sounds good. In the meantime I’ll set this up and do some work as well.” She stood up and grabbed the bag from the floor, “I love you,” she said, placing a tender kiss on Mina’s forehead, lips lingering for a moment before she pulled away and started heading towards their living room. “I love you too,” Mina replied, a smile on her face as she continued to mark the tests with more motivation than she had before.