Grocery Shopping

Minahyo Stories

Jihyo makes her way towards the trolley besides Mina, a small smile on her face and a ketchup bottle in her hands. The younger girl looks up from the shopping list in her hand and smiles immediately upon noticing the ketchup bottle. “The one at home is nearly running out,” Jihyo says as she places the bottle in the trolley before standing besides the younger girl.

Her gaze lands on the shopping list that Mina has in her hands and scans the list quickly, “What else do we need to buy?” she asks, scanning the trolley trying to figure out if they were missing something. Her thoughts are interrupted by a soft voice, “All we need is ice cream and then I think that’s it. Unless you plan on buying anything that isn’t on our list.”

The older girl thinks for a moment before she shakes her head in response, “No I don’t think I need anything else. Do you?”

Mina shakes her head immediately at the question, “No, I don’t think I do either.” Jihyo turns to look at her girlfriend with a smile on her face and love in her eyes. Mina turns to find Jihyo’s gaze and blushes softly at the intensity, her heart flutters but she tries to will away the feeling, now is not the time. Jihyo’s smile grows wider as she watches Mina’s reaction, a soft laugh escaping her lips as she links arms with the younger girl and begins heading in the direction of the ice cream aisle.

The moment they arrive at the aisle full of ice cream, Jihyo unlinks her arms from Mina’s and heads down the aisle, excitement in her steps as her eyes scan over the tubs of ice cream. The younger girl laughs softly at the sight of her girlfriend as she pushes the trolley towards where Jihyo is, stopping in her steps once she’s closer and waits for the older girl to pick the ice cream.

Her eyes land on the flavour of ice cream that Jihyo has picked and she immediately takes it out of the trolley, ready to put it back where it belongs. As much as she knows her girlfriend loves ice cream, the younger girl knows for sure that Jihyo will definitely not like the ice cream she picked. Once she puts the tub away she turns to face the older girl.

Jihyo has a pout on her face and she grabs the ice cream that had just been put away and places it back in the trolley once again. Mina purses her lips at the action and all she can do is stare at he older girl with a blank face. “We’re not getting this flavour,” the younger girl’s voice is stern as she stares at Jihyo. The older girl stares back and the both of them are silent before Jihyo responds, “Why not?”

“I know you Jihyo and I know for sure that you’re not going to like it,” Mina replies as she once again grabs the tub of ice cream and puts it away. Jihyo continues to pout as she crosses her arms; she’s not backing down so easily, especially if ice cream is involved. “But I may end up liking it, you never know,” she argues as she goes to the grab the tub again.

The younger girl sighs in response before she just as quickly grabs the tub too, the both of them now trying to childishly take the tub away from each other. “We’re not getting this flavour, it’s expensive. Plus what are we going to do if you don’t like it?” Mina tugs at the tub and inwardly dances in victory once she realises that she was able to take it out of Jihyo’s hands.

Jihyo whines softly as she continues to pout, she doesn’t say anything and keeps her gaze on the younger girl, who looks back at her with a blank face. For a moment Mina falters as she notices that Jihyo has resorted to using puppy dog eyes and for a moment she considers giving in. Just when she thought that she could survive the puppy dog eyes, the older girl make her way towards her and begins tugging on her arm in a childish manner, the pout still on her face.

30 seconds, 30 seconds was all it took for Mina to give in to the older girl and utter the words, “Fine, we’ll get it. But if you don’t like it you owe me.” Her lips twitch slightly as she watches Jihyo dance excitedly before letting go of her arm and grabbing the ice cream tub for the last time. “If I don’t like it, I ‘ll do anything you want,” Jihyo says as she places the tub in the trolley and links her arms with Mina as they start heading towards the checkout counter.

"You said those words out loud so you can't complain if I tell you to do something embarrassing," Mina teases with a small smile on her face as she glances at the older girl. "I'll do whatever you want, I promise." Jihyo replies as a small laugh escapes the younger girls lips.

Mina’s lips form into a small smile before placing a soft kiss on the older girl’s cheek, “I’ll make sure I don’t think of anything too embarrassing.” Jihyo blushes at the action and rests her head on top of Mina’s shoulder to hide her face. The both of them stay silent as they continue towards the checkout counters.

-

Jihyo places the spoonful of ice cream in and after a few seconds her face crinkles in disgust, she finishes the ice cream in before hesitantly eating another spoonful. “The look of disgust on her face doesn’t disappear as she turns to look at her girlfriend who is holding her stomach as she continues to laugh. “I’ve only had two spoonful’s but is it possible for ice cream to taste worse as you continue to eating it,” she grimaces as another spoonful enters .

The younger girl’s laughter dies down slowly as she takes a few deep breaths to even out her breathing. “I told you that you wouldn’t like it,” she makes her way over to where Jihyo is sitting and takes the spoon from her. She takes a considerable amount before placing the spoon in . After a few seconds, Mina’s face also contorts into one of disgust, “That’s horrible, I can’t believe I agreed to you buying this.”

"As disgusting as it may be, we can't just waste it considering how much it cost," Jihyo grimaces once again at the taste of the ice cream, she decides that she's had enough and gets ups, making sure to grab the tub of ice cream before making her way towards the kitchen and placing it back in the freezer. The moment she closes the freezer she returns back to the living room.

She makes her way towards the younger girl and as soon as she is within reach, she wraps her arms around her waist as the words, "So what embarrassing thing are you going to make me do?" escape her lips. Mina tilts her head slightly as she tries to come up with some ideas, the older girl smiles at how cute the younger girl looks. After a moment or two Mina

Jihyo's smile grows wider, her head nodding in response as she leans closer towards the younger girl, "I can still taste the ice cream in my mouth, I think I might need something sweet to get rid of taste." Her head inches closer until their foreheads are touching and their lips are just a few centimetres apart, Mina blushes hard at Jihyo's words and her heart begins to race before she surges her head forward and presses their lips together.

The older girl returns the kiss with much fervour, wrapping her arms tightly around Mina's waist. The both of them continue when suddenly Mina breaks the kiss, her breathing heavy before she says, "I have an idea of what you can do." Jihyo's whines softly at the loss of contact, "That's great but can we do that later," she says as she leans in once again.

Mina stops her before she can kiss her and laughs softly at the older girl's reaction, "If we do it now then we can get it over and done with," she says as she unlinks her arms from Jihyo's neck before grabbing her hand and dragging her out of their apartment.