Living Room Dancing

Minahyo Stories

It’s a lazy evening; the both of them cuddled together on their sofa, just enjoying the comfort of being in each other’s arms. The younger girl nuzzles herself against Jihyo’s shoulders, a sigh of content escaping her lips as she feels the older girl rub her back in a comforting manner. Mina cherishes these moments when it’s just the two of them, together. It makes her forget the stress and tiredness of work and life.

The younger girl smiles softly as she feels Jihyo’s soft lips press against her forehead gently; Jihyo’s lips linger for a moment or two, “I love you,” Mina’s smiles grows wider, her hold tightening, “I love you too.” The both of them stay like that for a few minutes, neither of them saying anything.

Jihyo’s eyes scan their living room, a smile appearing on her face as she notices the picture of them scattered around the living room. Her eyes land on the record player on the other side of the room, her smile growing wider as she thinks of something. “I feel like dancing,” Jihyo says as she turns to look at the younger girl.

Mina’s tiredness is slowly taking over her and she doesn’t hear clearly what Jihyo says, “That sounds nice,” she replies, tiredness evident in her voice as she leans into Jihyo’s hold more.

The younger girl whines softly as she reluctantly unleashes her hold on Jihyo’s waist, the warmth immediately disappearing. The older girl smiles softly at the sight of her girlfriend pouting before she turns and heads to the direction of their record player. As soon as she arrives, Jihyo grabs a record from the collection besides it and quickly places it in. Her lips form into a smile as soon as she hears the music playing softly before turning and making her way back towards the sofa.

Mina’s ears perk at the sounds of the music, her lips forming into a smile at the familiarity of the song. Her heart flutters as the music continues to play in the background, memories of the first time they said the words ‘I love you’ to each other and many other memories appearing in her head. She had always assumed that the older girl had forgotten the song and it's importance in their relationship. The fact that she still remembers makes her heart flutter once again.

She notices her girlfriend’s hand in her peripheral vision, and the smile on her face grows wider when she raises her hand to find Jihyo with a grin on her face. “May I have this dance?” she asks as she places her other hand behind her and bow slightly. Mina laughs softly before she grabs her hand and gets up from the sofa, she curtsies slightly as the words, “You may,” escape her lips. The older girl laughs in response as she drags her towards the centre of the living room before placing her right arm around the younger girl's waist gently whilst grabbing Mina's hand with her left and raising it slightly.

 

"I'm surprised you remember this song, I didn't you think you would notice it." Mina's voice is soft as she leans her body against Jihyo's, the two them dancing slowly as the music continues to play. "How could I forget," Jihyo laughs softly as she looks at the younger girl, "If I remember correctly, this song was playing in the background the first time I told you I loved you," Jihyo continued as a smile graced her face. Mina smiled as she turned to look at Jihyo, "We were also dancing like this when you said it," the memories appeared in her head once again and her smile grew wider. "And it was during Sana and Tzuyu's wedding." Jihyo said as she leaned their foreheads against each other’s before closing her eyes and continuing to dance along with the music.

The both of them continued like that, in each other's arms. The music continuing to play softly in the background as the two danced in silence, neither speaking. After a while the music had stopped and there was only silence. “I’m getting tired," Mina's voice is quiet and Jihyo can hear the tiredness in her voice, she looks at the younger girl, who's eyes are now closed and she smiles softly at the sight. "Do you want me to carry you?" she asks as she continues to sway their bodies slowly, despite the music already having disappeared. "Would you?" Mina replies lazily before a quiet yawn escapes her lips.

"Anything for you," Jihyo whispers quietly as she lets go of Mina's hand before bending down slightly and placing her arm behind the younger girl's knees and lifting her up and carrying her bridal style. Mina eyes jolt open at the action and she blushes when she realises the position they're in. If she wasn't awake before she definitely is now, "I-I thought you were just going to give me a piggyback."

Jihyo chuckles, "You're blushing," she teases as she begins to move her legs in the direction of their bedroom. The blush on the younger girl’s cheeks darkens, Mina hits the older girl's shoulders softly before she wraps her arm around Jihyo's neck and rests herself against Jihyo's shoulders. "You look cute when you're blushing," her blush darkens once again and Mina's sure that the older girl is trying to kill her.

The moment they arrive at the entrance of their bedroom, Jihyo adjusts their position slightly and enters the room with some difficulty. As soon as they enter Jihyo grins at the younger girl before closing the door with her foot, the sounds of laughs and giggles echoing throughout the apartment as the two spend the night together in each other's arms