The Beach

Minahyo Stories

Jihyo swims until she has reached the shore, placing a hand on her knee as she gets up slowly. There’s a mischievous glint in her eyes as she quietly makes her ways towards the figure that has taken shelter underneath a large umbrella. Mina had opted to spend her day at the beach by napping whilst Jihyo had fun and swam but the older girl seemed to have other plans. As soon as she had arrived to where Mina was laying, she kneeled down besides the younger girl and began digging away at the sand on her left side.

She made sure that she wasn’t being too loud, not wanting to give away her plan and be caught. Jihyo was halfway through, just a little more digging and her plan would work. For a second she thought that maybe she shouldn’t have done this and let Mina nap but decided against, thinking that an angry Mina chasing her would be more fun. One final dig and the older girl smirked as she watched Mina collapse and fall into the hole besides her, startling her as her eyes immediately opened. “What the hell?” Mina asked her voice louder than usual, she looked around trying to figure out the cause of her sleep being interrupted.

The younger girl narrowed her eyes once they landed on Jihyo, she glared as soon as she noticed the smirk on her face. “You’re going to pay for this Park Jihyo!” Mina exclaimed as she struggled slightly whilst lifting herself out of the hole. The sound of Jihyo’s laugh, which on any other day she would have considered to be angelic only made her angrier. She watched as Jihyo ran towards the sea, the glare in her eyes becoming stronger as she moved her legs to run after her.

“You’ll have to come get me first,” Jihyo teased as she stopped in her tracks to face the younger girl who had finally entered the sea and was now opposite her. Mina didn’t say anything and responded by moving and running towards the older girl, however Jihyo was swift and moved just as quickly. She laughed once again and Mina pouted, as she chased her, not once being able to grab her.

The distance between the two was big and Jihyo couldn’t help but smile, “You’re cute when you’re mad,” she teased once again before running away. Mina blushed involuntarily at her words, now was not the time to be flustered and she willed herself to continue being angry. After a while Jihyo slowed down and turned around, the moment Mina was close enough, she began to lightly splash water at the younger with water, careful to not get any water in her eyes.

Mina squealed in response at the contact with the cold water, “Jihyo!” she exclaimed as she began to respond by splashing the older girl with water as well. Jihyo let out a soft laugh as she watched Mina. Their water fight continued until Mina had enough and began to run away from Jihyo who didn’t stop, the older girl smiled, she stopped her actions and began to chase after the younger girl. She was much faster than Mina and soon enough she had reached the younger girl, immediately wrapping her arms gently around her girlfriend’s waist.

“Got you,” Jihyo whispered quietly in the younger girl’s ear before resting her chin on Mina’s shoulder. Mina blushed at Jihyo’s words and her anger subsided slowly as she leaned into the older girl’s embrace. “You could have just woken me up and told me you wanted to play,” her voice was soft as she rested her hand above Jihyo’s, her lips forming into a smile. “I know, but it was more fun this way,” Jihyo smiled before placing a soft kiss on the younger girl’s shoulder.

Mina blushed harder at the kiss, “I still have to get you back though,” she replied as she turned around slowly, wrapping her arms around Jihyo’s neck. She smiled once again, her gaze on the older girl’s lips. Jihyo smiled as she took notice of where Mina was looking and began to lean in slowly. She smirked slightly as she watched the younger girl react by closing her eyes and leaning in, ready to kiss the older girl.

Just as their lips were about to touch, Jihyo changed direction and kissed Mina’s forehead instead. The younger girl whined quietly at the contact, “Tease,” her voice was quiet, her eyes still closed. Her heart skipped a beat, cheeks turning to a light shade of pink at the tenderness of the kiss. The blush darkened as she felt a soft kiss being placed on her cheek before Jihyo’s lips finally made contact with her own.

She responded immediately and pressed their bodies together as she tightened her hold on the older girl’s neck. Their kiss lasted for a few moments; Jihyo was the first to pull away, taking deep breaths as she gazed at the younger girl before pressing their foreheads together gently. It was silent between the both of them, the breathing being the only thing to be heard. “I love you,” Mina broke the silence with soft whisper.

“I love you too,” Jihyo responded with a voice full of sincerity as she placed a tender kiss on Mina’s forehead. The young girl smiled as she rested her head against the older girl’s shoulder. The both of them stayed in each other’s arms for a little longer before Jihyo spoke, “We should get going before it gets late.” Mina hummed in response, she pulled away from Jihyo’s embrace and intertwined their hands as she dragged her back towards their things so that they could pack up and leave