The Star at the Top of the Tree

Minahyo Stories

Mina whined softly as she rummaged through one of the boxes that had been filled with Christmas decorations, she had finally finished decorating the Christmas tree and had been proud of herself for accomplishing something simple. However as she checked her work, the younger girl noticed that the star at the very top of the tree was missing and she was now working her way through several boxes of decorations to find one star. After realising that the star wasn’t in there, Mina turned around and made her way towards another box but whined once again as she noticed that the box had been empty.

The older girl smiled softly as she watched her girlfriend pout as she focused on another box, "Babe, why are you whining? Did you lose something?" Jihyo asked as she stopped what she was doing. "I can't find the star that's supposed to go at the top of the tree, it won't be perfect if it's not there." Mina stopped looking through the box as she turned to face her girlfriend, the pout still evident on her face. "The star? I think I saw it in the box besides the sofa," Jihyo replied, turning back towards the window, placing some tinsel on the ledge. 

“Yay!” Jihyo smiled, she didn’t need to turn around to know that the younger girl had found what she was looking for. Mina rushed quickly to where Jihyo was stood, pecking her on the lips before turning and heading back towards the tree. “What was that for?” the older girls smile grew as she turned to face Mina. “You’re always helping me,” the younger girl said softly. A small laugh escaped Jihyo’s lips, her cheeks blushing softly as she looked away, “Don’t embarrass me,” Mina laughs softly as she listens to Jihyo mutter in response.

The younger girl turned her attention back towards the Christmas tree, checking on where she was going to clip the star before looking down at the object in her hand and getting ready to place it at the top. Mina reached up but she couldn’t reach, she tried once again this time going on her tiptoes in hopes to place it but it still wasn’t enough. A pout appeared on her face, she really wanted to place it on the tree but it clearly wasn’t possible. Suddenly the younger girl yelped in surprise as she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist and lifting her up into the air slowly, "Jihyo!" Mina exclaimed as she looked down to find the older girl looking up at her with a smile on her face.

"What are you doing?" she asked, her voice much softer as she responded with a smile of her own, "I saw you struggling to place the star at the top, so I wanted to help you. Mina laughed softly as she placed her empty hand on Jihyo’s cheek gently and caressing it before turning to face the tree in front of her and placing the star at the top. Once Mina was sure that it was secure and that the star wouldn’t fall off, she looked back down at the older girl, “You can bring me down now,” she spoke with a smile on her face. Jihyo brought the younger girl down slowly and once she was back on the ground, she stood up and wrapped her arms gently around Mina’s waist.

A smile appeared on the younger girl’s face as she wrapped her arms tightly around her neck and leaned into Jihyo’s touch. The older girl turned to face the Christmas tree besides them, a smile on her face as her eyes landed on the top. “Now it looks perfect,” she spoke as she turned to look the younger girl in the eyes. “I told you you’re always helping me,” Mina spoke as her eyes quickly glanced down towards Jihyo’s lips. The older girl whined softly as she looked away in embarrassment, “don’t tease me.”

The younger girl laughs softly in response, grinning as she noticed the older girls cheeks darkening. “You’re cute when you blush,” Mina said and the grin on her face grew as she noticed Jihyo’s cheeks darkening even more. She placed a gentle kiss on the older girls forehead before removing one arm from around Jihyo’s neck so that she could tilt her head up so that they were facing each other. Mina leaned forward and placed a kiss on Jihyo’s cheeks, and then another kiss on Jihyo’s nose before finally pressing her lips softly against the older girl’s.

Jihyo tightens her hold around the younger girls waist as she deepens the kiss, Mina moans softly in response as she runs her fingers through Jihyo’s hair. The both of them stay in each other’s arms until one of them pulls away, the younger girl smiles as she leans her forehead against the older girls. “We should finish decorating,” Mina’s gaze lands on Jihyo’s lips again and she kisses the older girl not long after, this time the kiss is more slow and gentle.

The older girl is the first to pull away, a small smile on her lips, “If you keep kissing me we won’t finish decorating,” Jihyo teases, her smile growing wider as her eyes land on Mina’s blushing cheeks. “I’ll definitely finish,” the younger girl says before kissing Jihyo’s lips quickly and unwrapping her arms from around her neck. Mina places one final peck on Jihyo’s cheeks before turning and grabbing one of the boxes that was filled with decorations and heading towards the other end of their apartment, ready to decorate. Jihyo watches the girl with a smile on her face before turning and finishing with the decorating.


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone has a happy holiday :)