Lost

Hope

'hold on, I'll call the doctor.' She pressed onto Tiffany's hands, had the feeling of a typical heartbreak because she's forgotten.

' She's suffering from a temporary memory loss... maybe because of the trauma the accident did to her', the doctor reassured Taeyeon.
This however didn't help Taeyeon feel better. Her heart felt numb seemingly like it had turned into a block of ice.
' maybe she'll just forget me forever...'


Tiffany turned her head to Taeyeon and smiled, ' thank you for being by my side even without me remembering who you are.'

Taeyeon smiled back. ' sure, I'll stay here till you get well.' 

Taeyeon realized Tiffany's eyes filled with sadness, probably because even her parents have yet to visit her.

Tiffany started to initiate a conversation, ' I'm sorry I really can't remember who are you at the moment... you must have been really important to me I guess.'
Taeyeon just smiled and pressed her hands against Tiffany's.
'You mean alot to me', ' even if you don't feel it because I don't wanna hurt you' Taeyeon mumbled, Tiffany seemed confused but didn't want to question her.

Yuri barged into the ward along with Yoona who was holding a pink plastic bag which contained Tiffany's favorite cupcakes.
' FANY AH, YOU OKAY ?' Yuri exclaimed at the moment she saw Tiffany.

' YURI!! Hello! '

Taeyeon's eyes darted to Yuri with her eyebrows furrowed.

' What's with that reaction Taeyeon?', Yuri frowned.

' she can remember you and not me'

Tiffany started to ask ' Who's your friend Yuri ah'

'... She's Yoona. Your colleague'

' Cupcakes, your fav', Yoona held up the pink plastic, her eyes beaming at Tiffany.

' ohh... hi Yoona , I'm sorry I can't remember anyone except for Yuri at the moment...' Tiffany looked down.

'It's okay.' Taeyeon patted her shoulder.

'So when can you be discharged Tiffany ah' Yuri changed the subject.

'Soon I think. I'm already okay except for this memory loss.' Tiffany then continued, ' can I lodge at your home till I recover? I can only remember you Yuri ah.'

Taeyeon didn't say anything, her heart burned, like a wolf eating at her chest, threatening to devour all of her heart, leaving nothing behind.
' ... sure... ' Yuri replied knowing she can't reject her colleague.
On the day the doctor had planned to discharge Tiffany, Taeyeon didn't stay over the night before.
Yuri took work leave to fetch her friend from the hospital as Taeyeon had pre-packed Tiffany's necessary belongings and placed it in the hospital.
' sorry taeyeon ah.. I can't reject her right...'

' thank you for coming Yuri...' Tiffany thanked her friend as they walked out of yuri's car towards her house.

' nah, recover soon so you can move out and live with Taeyeon again alright. ' Yuri teased but Tiffany didn't get it.

' oh so I lived with Taeyeon...'

---------
' make yourself home, oh and go through this album, maybe you'll be able to recall something.' Yuri pointed out.
Tiffany flipped open the album to see different pictures labelled as ' company dinner 2014 ' to '2016' of which all had Taeyeon, Yoona, Yuri and a few others together. There were also selcas of Taeyeon and Tiffany together.

' I suppose Taeyeon and I were pretty close huh?' Tiffany mumbled, massaging her temple with her right.

' Well, Yeah i guess..' Yuri replied choosing her words carefully lest she accidentally mentioned about Taeyeon's feelings.

' Argh. My head hurts...' Tiffany groaned as Yuri led her to her room.

' Get some rest, you'll remember everything again, relax first.' Yuri assured. ' I'll cook noodles.', Yuri skipped to the kitchen leaving Tiffany alone in her room.

-------

' Come and taste my noodles, tell me if they're nice.', ' WARNING!!' Yuri lifted her finger,' Don't kill me if you get a stomachache ya'

'seems like a familiar moment...I will be honest so don't get hurt Yuri ah' Tiffany chuckled picking up the chopsticks and slurping some out of the bowl.

'I would rate it a 7.'

'Wow, it was my first time cooking. Maybe i'll quit my job and start my own business' Yuri suggested.

'What was our job again?' Tiffany used her hand to knock her head.

'Paramedics'

'Ohh right.'

-------

' Fany ah, Taeyeon's downstairs.', Yuri knocked the door to Tiffany's room.

' Yeah! Tell her to hold on for a sec.' Tiffany replied from her room as she rummaged through her drawer looking for her pink color tee. As expected of this pink monster.

Taeyeon had arranged this meeting daily ever since Tiffany lost her memory in hope she would help Tiffany regain her memories fast... The best thing Taeyeon felt was Tiffany wasn't that awkward as she expected her to be whenever they went out one on one. To Tiffany, it didn't really seem like she just met Taeyeon. It seemed like her heart was kinda connected to hers instead.

' Hi F A N Y ' Taeyeon literally spelled out her name as she greeted the pink monster.

' Hi T A E Y E O N.' Tiffany laughed. ' So.. we went to ride a whole bus trip the other day, had takeouts for the other, what's in for today?'

' Hmm..how about we go walk by the river today.'

' sure.'

They took a long bus ride till they reached Han River. Taeyeon loved to stroll alongside the rivers, it gave her a chance to relax her mind, free herself from all her worries. Likewise, she hoped Tiffany could stop stressing herself to regain her memories as she didn't seem like the cheerful girl she had always been.

' Uhm... Taeyeon. How close were we?', Tiffany stammered asking that question.

' We were close, i mean we will be for a long time.' She paused. ' Let's just wait for your memories ya?'

' ... but....'

' No buts.' Taeyeon placed her index finger on Tiffany's mouth to stop her from questioning. For some reason, her heart skipped a beat with that action, Tiffany blushed and looked away.

' yah, your cheeks are all red.' Taeyeon informed her friend whose cheeks were literally flushed red.

Tiffany kept quiet. 'WHY OF ALL MOMENTS DID I BLUSH SO OBVIOUSLY.'

Walking on the roads of Han river along Hangang bridge, a ferrarri sped past them.

' Seriously? Why do people spend money to speed, lose their life and car.' Taeyeon retorted.

True enough, It hit someone who was trying to cross the road in the front.

' TIFFANY. DIAL 119 GET AN AMBULANCE. ' Taeyeon shouted running towards the injured man.

' Sir, i'm a paramedic. An ambulance has been called. Raise your hand and say yes if you can understand what i'm saying.'

The guy did what Taeyeon asked for. ALERT.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany was standing behind the car which knocked the casualty trying to control the traffic. Her head burned at the site where the guy flew a few metres away after being knocked by that speeding car. 'why does it all seem so familiar' Tiffany shook her head, it throbbed.

When the ambulance arrived, 3 paramedics as usual, managed the casualty.

The driver then stepped out of his car and scooted towards Taeyeon and Tiffany. He spoke,' I see you're alright. Sorry.'

' WHAT? you're the hit and run driver?' Taeyeon hissed.

' I'm really sorry! I thought i killed her ' he pointed at Tiffany.

' I don't care, i'm reporting you to the police. You have aready injured 2, who knows there's more.'

' N..no i'll own up today. I just want to say i'm sorry.'

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.' You should.'

Tiffany sighed and just smiled at the man. 'I think i just regained my memory Tae...'