That moment

Hope

 

Yet another day at work.

' Yuri, Taeyeon and Tiffany. You'll be in section 1 from today onwards.', 'Yoona, come to my office.' the commander briefed the 4 of them and dismissed the team.

' Wow, seems like i'd be the extra one here ', Yuri snickered and whistled after completing her sentence.

Tiffany slapped her shoulder whereas Taeyeon remained her poker face walking towards the coffee machine.' Did Yuri just saw through me...just like how Sunny did.'

' fine, fine, i'll just keep mum okay ' Yuri smiled, holding her hands up like how criminals would when the police shouts 'hands up' and laid on the couch in the lounge.

 

' Accident, Eulji Road. Motorcycle and Taxi. Motorcyclist flew off bike. Taxi driver likely head injury.' the PA system announced.

As part of their job, they started to get going, heading to Eulji Road.

Upon reaching their destination, checking for any present danger, Tiffany and Taeyeon headed towards the motorcyclist, Laying flat with his back facing up. ' Sir, What's the number i'm showing you? '

Tiffany raised her write hand expressing numbers with her fingers.

' One, Five, Two ' He groaned.

' Can you move your limbs? ' Tiffany asked.

' My leg. It hurts.....'

' Closed fracture.' Taeyeon replied in a serious tone, having done the pain stimulus.

Tiffany headed towards the ambulance wanting to grab fiberboards, bandages and the gurney.

When suddenly, A speeding ferrari knocked her down because she stepped half a body out from the end of the ambulance's door, sending her flying 300metres from where the ambulance stood.

Yuri who was bandaging the taxi driver with a head injury to prevent further loss of blood which may result in shock, jaw had dropped.

Taeyeon's eyes unknowingly teared seeing the one she loved being knocked down by an idiotic driver who spent to speed.

' CALL FOR BACK UP. ' Taeyeon hollered at her colleague who whipped out her handphone to call back the station.

' Tiffany, knocked down by speeding Ferrari. hit and run. Send help. ' she spoke as she approached Tiffany, leaving the Taxi driver whose head has been well bandaged in the ambulance.

Taeyeon left the casualty, rushing to get the items needed which Tiffany was supposed to do, she attended to the casualty efficiently and lifted him into the ambulance.


' Tiffany ' Yuri called, tapping her body which was left in a prone position.

No response.

Yuri placed her hands on Tiffany's wrist.

No pulse present.

She hastily turned her body to supine position and checked her airway.

No breathing.

Yuri quickly commenced CPR, the ambulance was occupied with two other casualties. Tiffany's life would be at risk if she didn't start CPR immediately,the human brain can only last 4 minutes without oxygen and this 4 was definitely crucial. She started CPR on Tiffany giving 2 blows after every 30 counts.

Upon seeing Tiffany under CPR by Yuri, Taeyeon's eyes welled up. ' PLEASE LIVE FANY, WAKE UP. I haven't even told you what i planned to say. Don't leave me..like how she did.'


Backup soon arrived and Yoona with two other colleagues hopping off the vehicle pulling the gurney along.

Yoona saw Taeyeon's emotions taking over her, ' Taeyeon, help Yuri with one of my teammates. I'll use this vehicle to take care of the two casualties. Move. 'she lightly pushed her colleague.

Taeyeon refused to budge. 

'do your job, save this life. It's important.' Yoona insisted, patting her shoulder then lightly pushed her forward towards Tiffany's unconscious self.

There, Yuri, Taeyeon and Yoona's teammate lifted Tiffany onto the gurney pushing the unconscious her into the ambulance. Taeyeon grabbed the oxygen mask and placed it on top of Tiffany's mouth and nose.

' STAND CLEAR ' she ordered after having placed the pads available in the AED kit and followed it's instructions.

Yuri monitoring the heart monitor as Yoona's teammate started driving towards the hospital.

' Fany. You better live. You just don't know how much I like you don't you. Wake up this instant Hwang Mi Young' Taeyeon blurted out not caring about Yuri's presence.

It's now or never if Tiffany didn't pull through this.

' BREATHING NOW PRESENT. ' Taeyeon shouted as the AED stopped giving shocks to the patient.

' FANY, YOU OKAY? '

Tiffany was too dazed to reply.

As soon as they reached the hospital, she was pushed into the ICU for inspection by a doctor.

------------

' Doctor!! How's Tiffany? '

' You are...? '

' Her friend. I have informed her parents, they stay abroad.'

' She's out of danger but she's still in coma. We cannot predict when will she wake up, the next few days will be crucial.'

Taeyeon gritted her teeth and walked into the room.

She made herself comfortable by the hospital bed.

' Fany ah, you can't leave me alone like this. ' she mumbled, holding Tiffany's hands.

' like what huh Taeyeon. Can you repeat what you said in the ambulance? ' Yuri teased.

'Yah! She's not awake yet and you still can joke around. Seriously. ' Taeyeon said with annoyance in her voice.

' Okay. Don't worry, I'll keep it as a secret. ' Yuri smiled. ' Guess I'll leave her to you then. Call me if you need anything.' and she left the ward.

-----------

3 days passed since the accident. Taeyeon had been in a state of distraught. She almost lost her, without Tiffany even knowing about her feelings. Multiple breakdowns occurred, her eyes dripped with tears. Walls that held her up could no longer withstand the pain. They collapse one by one. Salty tears dripped, drenching her shirt. ' If only i was the one who initiated to take the items. Non of these would have happened.'

' Tiffany, Sorry. I kinda caused this. Am i a jinx? Whoever i like always gets into some accident.', Taeyeon mumbled to herself.

At this instant, while holding Tiffany's hands, she suddenly felt it move.

' Tiffany can you hear me?? ', she shaked the hand gently.

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes to find herself surrounded by 4 walls. She rubbed her eyes and squinted at the individual by her bedside.

' where am I... and who are you? '

 

---------------------

sorry if i cliff hanged you. :p HAHA