SPECIAL CHAPTER

따뜻한 사람 / In Your Arms

"Unnie, I've got a surprise for you later," BoA narrows her eyes in confusion while her lips curve into a small smile at ShinB's words. Her palm is beginning to feel clammy and they are actually meeting in a few hours' time, but BoA has every will the let the conversation continue. 

"What? Why?" BoA chuckles, her eyes turning into crescents. ShinB can picture it from the other side of the line, and she feels like her heart has been transported above the clouds upon hearing BoA's melodious laughter. 

"Don't ask me why!" ShinB almost whines, an act that may get on BoA's nerves when done excessively (for ShinB is one whimsical girl) but it makes her heart squeeze every time. 

"Right," BoA realises that the question doesn't make a lot of sense, and chuckles once more. ShinB wishes to just listen to BoA laugh forever. 

"Okay unnie, I've got to practise now, see you later," ShinB's tone is so casual BoA can imagine her seated on the floor of the practice room with her legs stretched out. 

"See you," BoA smiles.

 

 

 

"So, I guess you may take this as part two of your birthday present, but this is for you," ShinB excitedly holds onto the envelope and stretches her arms out to present it to BoA. 

"What's this?" BoA receives it amidst confusion. 

"Open it," ShinB, on the edge of her seat, has her anticipating eyes on the envelope in BoA's hands. 

"It's a ticket?" BoA opens the envelope and takes its contents out. "Season of GFriend," she reads, "GFriend... 1st concert!" BoA gasps upon the words. 

"Congrats our Eunbi yah," BoA looks up with a wide, proud smile. With one hand, she lightly pats ShinB on her cheek. 

"Gomawo," ShinB smiles and squirms at BoA's words. BoA's reaction had been just as ShinB had expected, and seeing BoA so excited makes her feel so grateful. 

"Look forward to it, please," ShinB's eyes continue to sparkle with enthusiasm. 

BoA feels her heart swell at the dazzle in ShinB's eyes. "I definitely will."

"The announcement for the concert only came out yesterday," ShinB explains, "I finally get to give this to you."

"How many tickets did you get?" BoA cannot help but probe. 

"Uh, they automatically gave us tickets for each of our families, and I requested one more, saying its for you," ShinB answers. 

"Wait, they know about us?" BoA asks next. 

"They just know we're acquainted. Well, they never really have anything to say about who we're friends with," ShinB shrugs.

"Friends," the word uncontrollably slips off BoA's tongue as it replays in her mind. 

ShinB tenses up. "It's not that! Unnie, you know," she stumbles for words. 

BoA chuckles. "I know," she replies with a calm smile. 

"Unnie, let's go somewhere," ShinB's excitement returns with her suggestion. 

"Yes, today's plan wasn't just to sit here and talk, was it?" BoA chuckles. 

ShinB feels her heart melt at the sound of that familiar chuckle she has not heard for a while apart from over the telephone line. 

"Let's go shopping!" ShinB says, rather elated, and soon enough they are on the streets with ShinB's hands tightly wrapped around BoA's arm. 

 

 

 

"Unnie! I've got a surprise for you later so pay attention!" the excessive excitement in ShinB's words causes BoA to raise her eyebrows.

"What's up with you and all your surprises these days?" BoA releases a small chuckle. 

"You'll know why later!" ShinB's voice seems rushed, and BoA can hear voices in the background. 

"You seem busy," BoA's sentence is enveloped with the gratitude of the younger making a phone call even though she should be pressed for time on the day of the concert. She doesn't question ShinB's sense of urgency for the concert, because she understands how much the stage means to ShinB- as it does for her- and she understands how hard ShinB works for it and how much she deserves it. 

"Mianhae unnie," with ShinB's words, along with BoA's thoughts, her heart swells and BoA feels a surge of emotions to give protection and everything ShinB deserves to her. 

"Don't be," BoA shakes her head with a bittersweet smile, "Thank you," she adds, heartfelt and earnest. 

She hears ShinB giggle nervously in reply, a characteristic of the girl (that she realises occurs only before her, and it makes her feel special,) before she says "Don't thank me! At least not yet."

I have everything to thank you for, Eunbi, she replies in her heart, but says "See you later," instead. 

"See you. I'll get going," ShinB smiles with a response before the call is cut off. 

 

 

 

When the music for No. 1 comes on, it is as if BoA's body is automated such that by muscle memory she is alerted the moment the first beat plays. BoA tries to lift her head higher among the crowd to get a clearer view of the stage. 

She gasps and almost drops the light stick in her hand. 

A smile creeps on her lips and tears uncontrollably begin to fall. 

 

 

 

"You made me cry!" BoA throws an accusation and with that, she recalls ShinB's performance her eyes turn watery again. "You're reminding me of my younger self in every way, and now you're even performing my song," BoA almost chokes on a sob stuck in . "Even the jeans and the white cropped top was there," she laughs a little.

"You see why I've been so excited about all the surprises?" ShinB chuckles while wiping off the tears that were overflowing from her wet eyes, refusing to let any fall. "I've been practising for that stage since forever and I just couldn't wait to let you see it," ShinB explains herself animatedly. 

"It's my gift to you. My No. 1," ShinB smiles with her hands tightly holding onto BoA's. 

BoA frees her right hand from ShinB's grasp and pinches the latter's nose, with an accompanying tease, "When did you get so cheesy?" 

"Unnie!" ShinB whines. She feels like she can hear Sowon laughing from metres away. 

"But, thank you," BoA earnestly says, "it was a wonderful gift."

"It's nothing," ShinB shakes her head, "I'd do anything for unnie."

ShinB's replies remind BoA of her thoughts from earlier on in the day. As the older one, she does feel the obligation to give more to the other, but right now all she feels is warmth and gratitude overflowing within her. "Thank you for everything, ShinB yah, you're the best gift I've ever received in my life."

"You know what unnie?" ShinB feels a lump growing in hearing BoA's words. Impudent, she says, "You're the only person who can really make me cry so much."

BoA is left agape, but the two then laugh it off together. 

"Unnie's the greatest gift I've ever received too."

 


Sooo recently GFriend's been having their tour so ShinB's performance of No. 1 is backkkk plus my BoA feels have been on full blast these days I really really felt the need to write this ahhhh ♡♡♡ I haven't updated this in 10000 years omg!!! And it feels so refreshing to write BoA x ShinB again. I did not know I was so serious about this ship but it got kinda far bec I love both girls so much hahaha plus of all the songs ShinB could do, she performed BoA's legendary song and she did so well with it *^_^* she had her own style but she still did so well, I'm sure if BoA knew her she'd be so proud ahhh I'm so proud of both of them, the stage rly reminded me of how much BoA had gone through the be where she is now. The white cropped top and the jeans rly had the nostalgia at max. Hahaha alright I'll go to sleep now and proofread a little more tomorrow morning, just saying in case there will be changes hahaha (most likely will?) but I'm just excited to get this special chapter out there :)