six.

따뜻한 사람 / In Your Arms

"Good morning ShinB," ShinB's eyes flutter open to see Yerin looking at her. 

"How are you feeling now?" she hears Yuju's warm voice next. 

She squeezes her eyes shut and stretches her arms out before getting up. "Morning," she smiles. 

Eunha is sitting on the opposite bunk bed. "You look fine," she cheerfully adds. 

"I am fine!" ShinB cheerfully exclaims with a grin on her face. 

"Okay, then let's get ready," Yuju is also grinning, and the girls start their morning routine. 

ShinB, as usual, gets her mobile phone and starts checking for notifications. Coming across a missed call from her mother, she taps on it and is directed to her call log. She notices the call that she has made last night. 

"BoA sunbaenim?" she mutters and her eyes widen. She narrows her eyes as she tries to recall, faintly recollecting the call that happened the previous night. 

ShinB brushes the thought away and starts preparing for the day. 

In the car ride, something makes ShinB want to search up on BoA and she does so mindlessly. 

November 5th? She tilts her head as she sees the date written as her birthday. "That's tomorrow," she mutters. 

 

 

 

The day passes by quickly and soon it is midnight. ShinB wonders how they can still be so busy with practice even though most their schedules are cancelled for just a few days, with immediate effect because of ShinB's collapsing in the event the day before. She sighs, feeling guilt pile up in her. 

She wonders if it's her fault. Wait no, she shakes her head, of course, it's because of her. It's just a matter of fact whether it's a bad thing or not. ShinB grimaces and hugs her knees close to her. 

In the practice room where everyone is resting before they will try for one last time and then return to the dorm, ShinB is the only person in a stiff position. 

When they get back to the dorm, ShinB heaves a sigh for the umpteenth time as she removes her shoes and seats herself on the floor of the living room without bothering to do anything. She feels as if she has no more strength for anything. The matter that their schedules are cancelled still disturbs her, like a bell constantly ringing in her head without any end.

"Wahhhhh!" she hears Eunha faking a scream in the distance, "It's already two," that girl adds. 

It's already two? ShinB asks in her mind. Casually she squeezes her hand into her pocket and fishes her mobile phone out. Turning the screen on she sees the time as 2.06am, and the tiny numerals that indicate the date cause a light bulb to light up in her head. 

"November 5th," she mutters with a small smile. 

Immediately ShinB opens the messaging app and types a birthday message for a certain person that she has yet to know how important and special she will be in ShinB's heart. 

However, she didn't know that she would take such a long time mulling over the contents of the message. 

After wrecking her brain for five minutes, she sends a simple yet sincere message:

Happy Birthday our great BoA sunbaenim! It's an honour to have known you through such a coincidence and to have you as a confidante. I will always treasure you ^^ I hope you have a wonderful day ahead and may you stay happy and healthy! 

 

 

 

BoA cannot help but smile immensely and the message she has just received. 

"Cute," she mutters and giggles, before deciding to call in return. 

"Hello?" BoA identifies a timid voice on the other side of the line. 

"Ah I'm sorry, are you free to talk?" BoA feels slightly guilty for that timidity in ShinB's voice. 

"Ah yes I am..." ShinB answers softly, regaining composure after being startled by the incoming call. 

"Thank you for the message. I really treasure you too," BoA smiles as she answers. Somehow the both of them feel a special connection to each other, though they have yet to identify what that connection means. 

"Sunbaenim, why are you still awake?" ShinB asks in courtesy, to escape her nervous, heart-fluttering giggles after BoA's words. 

BoA chuckles, "You're calling me sunbaenim?"

"Eh?" ShinB mutters, confused. 

"You called me unnie that day," BoA continues to tease the younger girl, finding it somewhat enjoyable. 

"Did I?" ShinB answers after a moment of silence. "I-I'm sorry for being rude!" she scratches her head in panic as she tries to recall. She then remembers the situation, and internally slaps herself for being foolish because she wasn't thinking straight while feeling unwell. 

"No it's okay!" BoA laughs, and ShinB feels an odd sense of relief. "Call me unnie, ShinB yah," ShinB's jaw drops at the sudden intimacy in language. 

"Okay, unnie," she nervously answers.

BoA laughs as a response. "I was filming, ShinB yah," she answers her question with a smile, "you? Why are you still awake?"

"We just ended practice," ShinB answers with an equally bright tone, as if girls haven't just had a whole day of practice, cooped up in the company building. 

"I see," BoA answers and nods her head, "Just practising? No schedules?" she asks as a passing question, unaware how ShinB has been troubled about it.

"We..." ShinB's lips tremor for a bit, "Our schedules were all cancelled for the next few days because of that day," she answers with an explicit drop in tone. 

BoA immediately understands, and begins to regret her question. "Hey, it's not your fault ShinB yah, don't think that you've burdened your group," she tries to console the girl. 

ShinB is surprised that BoA knows exactly what's going on in her. "But, we're supposed to be out there, and because of me we can't," ShinB cannot help but still feel the guilt in her. 

"It isn't your fault," BoA softly says, "You didn't ask for it. Also, your group is having a good break now, right? Take it as an opportunity to rest so when you have schedules again you'd do a great job," BoA then attempts to encourage. 

"Thank you," ShinB cannot help but feel grateful for BoA once again. 

"No problem," BoA smiles, "thank you for not holding back and telling me. Sleep well tonight!"

ShinB smiles once again hearing BoA's warm and comforting words. "Unnie too!" she still feels uneasy by addressing the admirable singer as 'unnie' but relents anyway. Her heart flutters once again as BoA ends the conversation with a warm "Talk again soon!" 

 


My BoA feels came back for a little. Haha.