one.

따뜻한 사람 / In Your Arms

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," ShinB mumbles and tries to clean up the mess she's created on the woman before her.

"Ah it's okay," the woman mutters and tries to wipe off as much of the milk as she can, off her sweater. "It's not that much," she looks up smiles after she is done.

"I'm so sorry, so sorry," ShinB bows repeatedly along with her apology. "Wait," ShinB stands up and looks straight at the woman, "by any chance, are you...?" her voice trails off, not having enough bravery to say the name.

The woman halts her actions for a while. She then laughs. ShinB stays still with her eyes still on the woman, puzzled.

"I'm BoA," she says with a warm smile and slightly lifts up her cap. ShinB's jaw slowly drops. She freezes in her position, unable to make any possible reaction. 

"I think I've seen you before somewhere?" the question brings her back to reality. 

"A-Ah BoA sunbaenim!" ShinB gasps and immediately bows even more. "I'm ShinB from GFriend, if you happen to know," she shyly introduces herself thereafter.

"Ah! I do know GFriend," the warm smile remains on her face as she speaks, "You kids work so hard," she laughs at her own statement.

"No, it's our honour," ShinB giggles shyly and bows again.

Their conversation ends here and becomes an awkward silence. ShinB, still awed by the coincidence, is unable to take her leave even though she was just about to do so. 

"Say, do you want to accompany me for a bit?" BoA carefully asks. BoA's bright tone is now gone, and her face seems to show exasperation. She sighs.

ShinB is confused, but she tries to put up a smile, "Sure."

BoA blinks, stunned by the simple agreement. "Really?"

"I guess I could," ShinB says with a small smile. 

"A-Ah, okay," she muttered and exits the convenience store. ShinB follows suit.

BoA stops in her tracks for a while and turns around.

Stunned, ShinB stands frozen with wide eyes.

"Are you underage?" BoA asks cautiously.

ShinB's eyes slowly widen even more. "A-Ah I'm only nineteen..." she stutters and purses her lips together after a bashful smile.

"Ah it's okay," BoA is quick to reply. She scratches her back of her head, "I had no intention of drinking with a young girl like you, I was just looking for somewhere to go," BoA awkwardly giggles.

ShinB responds with similar awkward giggles and looks down.

"Am I taking up your time?" BoA asks, concerned. She lifts up her mobile phone and unlocks the screen to check for the time. "It's six fifty-three, do you have anywhere to go?"

"Ah no no, it's okay," ShinB lifts her head up and smiles, "we're on a break now."

"Okay," BoA's lips curved to form a smile that somehow causes ShinB's heart to flutter.

"It's six fifty-three but the sky's so dark," ShinB mutters to herself, yet it is still audible to the elder woman.

"That's right..." BoA replies and nods her head. "Are you cold?"

"I'm fine with this," ShinB grabs onto her ped jacket and waves it a little.

BoA laughs. "You're so cute," she says and gestures her arm over. ShinB hides her face in her scarf, embarrassed. "Come here, let's go," BoA warmly says, "I've thought of a place we can go to."

ShinB diligently walks over to BoA's side and follows her lead.

"Are we ten years apart yet?" BoA suddenly asks.

"Ah I'm nineteen," ShinB answers, still very much shy because she knows how important a person is the one beside her.

"Right you said that..." BoA tilts her head to ponder. "That's twelve years apart! I'm thirty-one," BoA gasps. "You're so young," BoA stretches out a hand and lightly pats ShinB's head, "and so tall," she chuckles.

ShinB shakes her head and laughs along.

"Are you still growing?" BoA asks next.

ShinB lets her head drop to a side. "I'm not sure," she answers, slowly opening up.

BoA laughs and gently pats her head again. ShinB slightly squirms, and she feels her face warm up. Somehow, it gives her stomach butterflies.

"Ah I'm sorry I keep doing that... Sorry to make you uncomfortable," BoA apologises and bows a little, embarrassed.

ShinB shakes her head, surprised to have the older woman bow to her. "Where are we going?" ShinB asks to change the topic.

"Ah, we're almost there," BoA smiles as she walks, and ShinB patiently follows after.

 

 

 

"This is a nice place," ShinB removes her jacket after she seats herself down on a cozy chair.

"Right, my friend's the owner," BoA replies. "Do you want anything? You don't have to pay," she almost laughs.

ShinB chuckles, "It's okay," she shakes her head in kind rejection.

"Do you want warm milk? After you've spilled some," BoA considerately asks.

"Ah it's okay," ShinB shakes her head even more, "I'm so sorry for just now," she apologizes again and bows.

"It's okay, I already said it's okay," BoA smiles. "You really don't want anything?" ShinB shakes her head again. "Then I'll go get something for myself?" she asks and points to the counter with her thumb.

ShinB nods, "Go ahead," she smiles.

When BoA returns with a cup of hot chocolate and sits before ShinB.

"You must be thinking why we are here..." BoA slowly starts a conversation.

ShinB softly giggles in the awkwardness, and mutters, "Yeah."

"I'm sorry, I haven't had anyone to talk to for a while and I thought since you're a young girl and all you'd listen to me-" BoA tries to explain, "It's weird but yes," she looks down and smiles, embarrassed.

ShinB blinks, not taking her eyes off the woman before her. She stops herself once she realises what she's doing. What am I doing? ShinB asks herself. "It's okay," she whispers with a smile.

"Really?" BoA lifts her head up.

"Yes," ShinB says softly and nods.

"You... Would... Listen to me for real?" BoA is surprised, not having expected that ShinB would agree so easily.

"Thank you," BoA blinks and looks back down. "Thank you very much," she whispers, her eyes gradually turning wet.