five.

따뜻한 사람 / In Your Arms

I've been fine, thank you~ ShinB cannot help but feel her heart flutter at the next reply. She begins to ponder about her, with happiness bubbling inside her. ShinB doesn't realise how happy BoA makes her.

She recalls the situation that has left a deep mark on her heart. It was just four days ago, when BoA asked to meet her just because BoA knew something was wrong with her. ShinB cannot help but feel extremely grateful and blessed for having such a caring and considerate person in her life.

As she tries to type a reply on her phone keyboard she suddenly feels a throbbing headache. ShinB releases a hand from the device and tries to massage her forehead to ease the pain. She squeezes her eyes shut at the intense pain. Nothing is working.

She stays still for a while and then releases a sigh. Denying the fact that she feels unwell, she decides to return to where she was.

Oh right sunbaenim, thank you for listening to me that day. It means a lot to me. As ShinB types the message she cannot help but feel her eyelids uncontrollably battering.

ShinB releases a soft groan. What is wrong with me? she screams at herself internally. With that, she feels a sharper pain hitting the back of her head.

ShinB crouches down and brings her knees to her chest. She presses on her head tightly as a natural response.

When the pain fortunately subsides a little, ShinB dunks herself with a whole bottle of water and tries to push the pain away. She takes a look at herself in the mirror of the practice room, silently mocking herself for looking weak and pathetic.

"Let's go!" she hears the call from afar and sighs, wishing that she will be fit for her ongoing schedules.

When ShinB steps into the car she immediately shuts her eyes, hoping that a nap would take the headache away. What she didn't expect is that her whole body would start to ache.

ShinB keeps her eyes closed, but she doesn't fall asleep. The pain is so strong it keeps her awake, until they are about five minutes away from the destination ShinB feels weariness overcoming her and decides to let herself rest for a while.

ShinB slowly wakes up at the nudging of a few members around her. She releases a sigh and takes a slow step out of the car. She feels a sharp pain in her abdomen. Clutching onto the area, she tries her best to make her way to where she is supposed to be going. With much effort she catches up with her group members who are already slightly ahead of her.

She releases another sigh, thinking that she should've been able to see it coming. She was already not quite feeling herself yesterday, without the energy to be hyper and fooling around.

She stops when she is met with the worried faces of everyone around her.

"ShinB yah, are you okay?" their concerned leader asks first.

"ShinB, don't scare us like that, are you okay?" she hears the panic-stricken voice of their main vocalist.

"ShinB-"

She cuts her manager off, "I'm fine," she pushes the corners of her lips into the smile, "I'm going to perform."

"Are you sure?" she receives a stern reply from the manager, but the girl is stubborn and does not relent.

"Yes, I will perform," she says firmly.

 

 

 

"It's no problem, I said I would listen to you" BoA smiles as she types the message and sends it out immediately. She then exits the messaging application to surf the internet for a little.

BoA almost drops her mobile phone when she sees a headline of one of the articles at the top of the search engine.

"Is everything alright?" she hears her manager ask her.

"Yeah," she plainly answers, but her widened eyes and her limbs stay frozen in shock.

"No, she collapsed on stage," BoA mutters under her breath. She rolls her hand into a tight fist. Her hands tremble as she utters, "She collapsed on stage..."

"BoA," her manager calls out with alarm, "BoA, are you alright?"

"Yes," she shoots up and answers immediately. She turns to her manager and tries to force a smile.

"I think you need some rest," her manager tells her while giving her a pat on the back.

"Thank you unnie," she lifelessly mumbles and they start to wrap things up before BoA can leave.

The minute BoA reaches home, she throws her stuff onto the couch and grabs her phone to call her certain person.

"Please answer the phone, please answer the phone," BoA anxiously mutters and takes hurried but small strides around her home as she presses the mobile phone hard against her cheek.

 

 

 

ShinB rolls around in the bed to reach for the phone that is furiously ringing beside her.

She picks up the call without looking at the caller identification. She doesn't answer either, because she has no energy to.

"ShinB ssi? Are you alright?" ShinB hears a frantic voice. Immediately recognising its owner, she breaks into a smile and breathes.

"Unnie," she says silently.

"What?" BoA is confused, and still frustrated from the news of the girl's unfortunate incident.

"Can I call you that?" BoA listens closely to the weak, airy voice and frowns in worry. 

"ShinB ssi, are you alright?" she presses the question urgently.

"Yes," ShinB breathes, her smile widening as she does so.

"Really?" BoA asks in disbelief to confirm.

"I'm resting now," ShinB answers, almost whining.

BoA somehow laughs at the cute response. She stops almost immediately when she realises the situation. "Okay, go rest," she says and releases a sigh of relief. "Promise me you'll be fine?" she adds, unable to let the matter rest.

ShinB giggles at BoA's words, feeling bashful at the concern the latter is showing. "I'll be fine," she answers softly.

"Okay, rest well ShinB ssi," BoA says before they finally end the call.

BoA sighs, releasing the tension she has held in her chest as she was worrying for ShinB. BoA's lips uncontrollably curve to form a small smile at the memory of the girl calling her unnie when answering. 

What? BoA stops her thoughts. "She called me unnie?" she mutters under her breath. Soon enough, she finds herself chuckling softly, feeling warmth in her heart.