Ch 02

My Favorite

After several talks of Nayeon teasing Chaeyoung, they came back to the hall and everyone already make them prepared. Because Chaeyoung just came, she gets to show her rap verse in front of Holy Trinity for the last, which is a blessing because Chaeyoung haven't write anything yet because of the sudden performance from Mina.

Chaeyoung plugged the headset on her phone and play Work on repeat. Right after the last two performed, Chaeyoung had finished her rap.

"It's cloudy out there. If you guys want to go home first, it's okay." 

And, Yoojung, the last performer before Chaeyoung came to Momo, "Unnie, sorry I can't perform today, my home is far from here." 

Momo smiled, nodded, and mumbled something that Chaeyoung couldn't hear. 

"Chaeyoung?" Momo called her, "Are you gonna perform now, or?"

Chaeyoung is about to answer the question until Nayeon interrupt her, "She's fine. She could do it now."

Chaeyoung looked at Nayeon, confused, but she shrug it off anyway. Nayeon just held her laugh, looking at Chaeyoung who's preparing to perform.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and pressed play. 

---

Apparently, Chaeyoung's rapp left the Holy Trinity surprised. Maybe because she's the only one who performed rap-well, Yoojung was going to, but she's not here. Maybe because she's amazing indeed. The Holy Trinity said Chaeyoung's lyric and ability is incredible, like it came from a trainer that has been trained in one of the Big 3 Companies.

Chaeyoung didn't buy any of that though, because of her low on self-esteem and her personality. Until Mina opened , "No. We are not lying, you really are talented."

It's enough for Chaeyoung to make her body feels weak and for the very first time, Chaeyoung feels it is okay to trust people easily. She thinks that; maybe, just maybe, they really mean it.

Chaeyoung blushed, "Uh.. T-thanks."

Mina smiled and the Holy Trinity stood up, preparing for the practice-yeah, I don't know for what too. After the Holy Trinity left Chaeyoung, Nayeon tugs Chaeyoung's arm, "Isn't she an angel?"

"...Yeah," 

Just before Nayeon going to scream, Chaeyoung forcedly close Nayeon's mouth which makes her get stared with the Holy Trinity because Nayeon stomped her feet, almost falling.

"What's wrong, ChaengChaeng?" Sana asked.

Chaeyoung-as fast as she can-remove her hand from Nayeon's lips, "Uh, nothing," She laughed awkwardly.

Nayeon giggles and came to the Holy Trinity, "Are you guys still going to practice?" 

"Yep!" Sana nodded.

"Chaeyoung and I will get go-" Nayeon is about to finish her sentence, but the sky growled, covering Nayeon's voice and a heavy rain falls right after, "Well, we are going to stay then."

The non-dancers sit in front of the mirror, eyeing the Holy Trinity's practice. Chaeyoung is only eyeing for Mina though and looked at Momo or Sana only when she got caught. Chaeyoung realized she was way too focused on them (Mina) when Nayeon called her and she couldn't hear it until the fourth time, because Momo and Sana had stopped dancing but Mina.

"They are going to but beverages, Momo and Sana, I mean." Nayeon rolled her eyes, "Do you want anything?"

"Uh.. Americano." 

"Can you just-" Chaeyoung already know what Nayeon is going to say, so she covered . Again.

"Don't say anything about me wanting to be cool." Chaeyoung whispered and release Nayeon's mouth.

Momo looked at them in weird way and shrugged, "So.. Americano for Chaeyoung, Caramel Macchiato for Mina and Strawberry Shake for Nayeon."

and Momo walked away with Sana for the beverages.

"I'm going to restroom." Nayeon stood up, ready to leave Chaeyoung and Mina alone.

"Uh," Chaeyoung is about to stand up and Nayeon said, "No. Stay here. Don't left Mina alone, she'd do something you can't imagine." She laughed and walked away.

The music that has been the BGM for Mina's dance stopped. The atmosphere became extremely awkward. Chaeyoung scratch her head, thinking of anything that could be a good start of a conversation with someone you find attractive without making it obvious by being awkward.

But the stupidest thing came from Chaeyoung's mouth, "So, Caramel macchiato, eh?"

Definitely making it more awkward than before. Right after she said that, her brain came up with a lot more quality content, like why Mina came to Korea or what makes her interested in dance.

Mina stared at Chaeyoung, "Um, why?"

Chaeyoung face palmed for a second and laughed awkwardly, "Uh.. I don't know, I just mumbling everything that came in my mind. To break the glass. But it remains untouched, because of my stupid-"

Mina laughed, "It's cute though."

Chaeyoung froze, trying to process what she just heard. Even before her brain successfully process the whole thing, Mina answered her question, "Well, I haven't tried anything beside Caramel Macchiato in my whole life. At this rate, I could even announce it as my first and last kind of coffee that I'd taste." 

"...and why is that?"

"I don't know, I just love it. I'm not drinking a coffee like Americano just because I want to look cool, I just drink a coffee like Caramel Macchiato because well, I love it and no one could change that."

Chaeyoung chokes on her own spit because of what Mina just said. You know why. Before Mina asked why, Nayeon, Momo and Sana already entered the hall.

"Oh, my. What happened to my Chaengie? What did you do, Minari?" Nayeon asked while patting on Chaeyoung's back because she still let out the coughs.

"Already targeting the baby cub, eh?" Momo laughs.

"It's not like that." Mina denies it with average voice of a person-but it's Mina, so it counts as yelling.

"Don't yell at me," Said Momo in a teasing tone.

Mina pouted and everyone goes 'aww' but Chaeyoung because she can't help but smile. 

The rest of the noon spent with them teasing either Mina or Chaeyoung, the non-dancers are forced to learn the dance of the Holy Trinity, and those things makes them closer than ever, even though they (except Nayeon) only met Chaeyoung for the second time now.

Oh, for Mina, it's for the third time.

____________

It's shorter than the prev chapter, sorry, but I do it on purpose heheh. This chapter is specialized for MiChaeng's first interaction. Hope you enjoy what you just read! Comment(s) and Upvote(s) are very 1000x appreciated!