Ch 07

My Favorite

It's been months since the audition and today is the announcement. The three of them got in, fortunately. Chaeyoung didn't know how is Nayeon doing though, but when this question popped up, Nayeon called her.

Nayeon screaming at the other side, "I got in!!!"

Chaeyoung smiled, "That's great! That means all of us got in." 

"I'm going to celebrate this with my family, wanna come?"

"I'm good. Thanks."

"You're not going to celebrate this?"

Chaeyoung gulped, "Um, It's just, I need to find Mina first." 

"Are you guys...?"

"No! I’m not dating Mina!”

Nayeon is laughing at the other side, “Didn’t say a word.”

“Ah, I need a day off from all of your teasing. Bye, Nayeon-unnie!" Chaeyoung immediately cut off the connection.

Chaeyoung sighed. That's right. She is already dying to tell Mina the good news, but she's nowhere to be found. She didn't even answer her calls. That's why she can't entirely relieved about this day. Yeah, she got in, but without Mina, it doesn't matter much anymore. Where's her family, you may ask. Chaeyoung's family is currently on a trip right now, so Chaeyoung have no one but herself. She's counting on Mina even before she look at the announcement, but she's not here to celebrate it with her.

It's been hours since Chaeyoung searched for Mina and here comes her last option; the sunbaes in their company, the two of Holy Trinity and Jeongyeon. Ever since the concert, the Holy Trinity sometimes asked the hoobaes to join them in terms for practicing and that's when Chaeyoung got close to Jeongyeon. They had the same sense of humor and all, even though Chaeyoung usually being shy and quiet in front of new people, Jeongyeon is easy going enough to brushed it off. From there, they called themselves as No Jam Bros, because both of them laughed at jokes that the rest didn't found as funny at all.

Her mind is debating wether to call Sana or Jeongyeon, Momo is off the list, not because she's intimidating—Chaeyoung was surprised because Momo is not scary at all when she's in front of Jeongyeon, rather than that, she's cute as heck—but because she still can't get over how Mina is being so sweet and caring towards Momo. It just awkward, you know. It feels like you're searching for your biggest crush through her girlfriend, it's actually the smartest option but it feels weird and awkward for you. Moreover, it was like you're ready for picking up fights.

Wait, What? My biggest crush? No, no. I don't know if these feelings towards Mina is true or real or whatever, yet. 

Chaeyoung shook her head and ended up calling Jeongyeon. 

"What's up, No Jam Dongsaeng?”

"Do you know where's Mina? I've been calling her for hours but she's not answering."

"I don't know either. Have you came over to her home?"

"I haven't..."

"Maybe you should check that one. By the way, Congratulations!!"

"How do you know?"

"I just know because you didn't come crying but searching for Mina instead." Jeongyeon chuckled.

"I'm not crushing on her!"

"Didn't say a word!”

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, “Bye, Hyung.” and end their call, Jeongyeon is no different to Nayeon. Chaeyoung stared at her phone, running out of idea who she should call after. It feels empty inside, she just realize that she definetely knows nothing about Mina because now she didn’t even know who to call anymore. Should I call Momo now?

Drrt. A message from Jeongyeon.

JY:
Mina is with Momo, they're here with me now

CY:
Okay. Thanks, Hyung.

JY:
Should I tell Mina that you're looking for her?

CY:
No, don't you dare!!

JY:
*sent a -looking suspicious- sticker*


Chaeyoung sighed and left Jeongyeon on read. She jumped to her bed and block her sight with her arm. She is dead tired searching for Mina and in the end, Mina is okay with Momo. 

Why am I sad, again? I should be relieved that she's okay and she's not alone.

She removes her arm from her eyes and turned her back, letting her cheeks to feel the softness of her pillow. Without her even realizing, she fell asleep.

---

Ring, ring, ring.

Chaeyoung woke up with someone outside her door, pressing the bell nonstop. Chaeyoung groans, either because her legs are damn tired and uncomfortable because she's sleeping with her jeans on, or because her quite good nap is ruined by whoever that is outside her house. Her eyes are still half-opened as she slapped her cheeks slowly and repeatedly while she walked to the door. Chaeyoung pressed the intercom, "Why?!"

The one in the other side coughed, "Don't yell at me, please?"

By hearing the voice, Chaeyoung immediately opened her eyes completely and fix her hair. Yeah, no need to guess. Myoui Mina is standing out there, waiting for the younger to let her in. Chaeyoung ran to the kitchen, washed her face and run back to the door while she wipes her face with her cloth. Finally, she opened the door. Mina looks surprised seeing how messed up Chaeyoung is, "Did I ruin you sleep?"

"Um.. No? But, how did you know I just woke up?"

Mina laughed and point at Chaeyoung's eye, "Your eye booger," 

Chaeyoung's pupils got bigger and she ran to the bathroom. She doesn't want to embarass herself more by washing her face at the kitchen, in front of Mina. After a while, the shorter came back and found Mina already preparing food's ingredients. She looks awfully beautiful with her hair tied up.

Chaeyoung approaches Mina, "What are you doing?"

"Making a dinner? For Momo." 

Right when she said that, Chaeyoung's heart ache. Her face even failed to hide what she's feeling inside, but she realized faster than Mina do, "O-oh, I see."

Mina suddenly laughed, "Of course this is for you!"

Chaeyoung startled, she scratched her neck, not knowing how she should feel about this. However, on the other side, Mina find Chaeyoung's awkwardness as adorable so she shook her head while smiling, "Pabo."

Well, at least I could make her laugh. Chaeyoung coughed, "If there's anything I could do for help, tell me."

"Could you.." Mina taps her chin, "Let me stay here for the night?"

While Chaeyoung process on what she just heard, Mina proceed, "I heard from Nayeon your parents were away."

Chaeyoung finally get what Mina was saying and she excitedly jumped to sit on the table, "Of course!"

Mina looked into Chaeyoung's eyes and smiled. The shorter tilt her head, "Why so sudden though?"

The taller shrugged, "My place were burnt down." 

"What?!"

Mina laughs, "I was joking." 

"That's not funny!" Chaeyoung pouts.

Still having the laugh, the older just giving the younger the I'm sorry kinda face. While trying to make the stove on, Mina smirks, "Serious talk though, I guess... I just want to be with you."

Chaeyoung couldn't see it, but she's sure as hell her cheeks are painted by the color red, judging from the warmness she felt. No, she wouldn't say anything about that. She wouldn't say a word. Not gonna argue. She won't argue about it because she's scared if she ever said anything, Mina would say that she's joking. Maybe she didn't want to admit it before, but if Mina said she was joking about that seven last words from her, she wouldn't and couldn't be able to breathe properly. Because she knows. She knows her heart will be hurt too much if she ever heard that. 

Chaeyoung coughed, "What makes you came here?"

"Your twelve missed calls and my one missed call. I was worried, so I asked Nayeon and she said I should just come over."

Chaeyoung bite her lip, "So, you just come over because Nayeon told you to?"

Mina tangled her fingers with Chaeyoung's and swings the younger arm, "I was worried, my insecure lil cub."

Chaeyoung looks dumbfounded. Seeing that, Mina just chuckles and back to her food. The shorter looked away and now she smiled uncontrollaby, Someone should tell Myoui Mina to stop being so flirty. Little did Chaeyoung knew, Mina saw her uncontrollable smile and smiled too. Maybe Mina never flirted with Chaeyoung. Rather, she meant all the things she said.

---

The lights are off, it'd be pitch black if the moon isn't shining brightly as it is now. Its light shined brightly, making Mina able to see the silhouette of Chaeyoung's shoulder. Mina her lips, it's been—she didn't know, 15 minutes?—since she turned the light off and tried to sleep. Mina have been facing Chaeyoung's back ever since, but she never moved even just for a second, Maybe she already asleep

On the other hand, Chaeyoung is having her eyes fully opened, spying on the night sky. She can't sleep even though she want to. It's either because the sky is too damn pretty to be missed out or she just felt nervous because this damn pretty girl is spying on her back ever since she climbed up to the bed. She can't even slightly move because she's too nervous and her mind can't function properly. The bed owner gulped.

"Chaeyoung?"

Oops, too loud. 

"Are you awake?"

Chaeyoung hummed.

"Want to talk?"

The bed owner changed her position, now facing Mina, "About what?"

Mina shrugged, "Anything?"

Chaeyoung reach for her phone, "Do you want me to put on some background music?"

"Sure."

"This is my favorite lullaby of all time," Chaeyoung scrolled her music library and Mina is just lying there, watching her clicked to the song titled Please Be  by The 1975, "I know the title was inapropriate but don't judge the book by its cover, I guess?"

Mina chuckles, "I was about to point that out. The title, I mean."

Chaeyoung smiled a bit and faced the ceiling. She can never stare at Mina without wanting to held her hand, hug her, or even.. kiss her. Mina still looks so beautiful even with just a glimpse of light from the moon. The beautiful sky outside the window is nothing comparing to the girl who's lying beside her. How can she do that, really?

"By the way, which one do you prefer? Books or movies?" 

Chaeyoung stayed silent for a while before finally answered, "Movies."

Mina looks kind of surprised, "I thought you're the type who prefer books because it could improve your imagination and all."

Chaeyoung shrugged, "I don't know. Not everything could be expressed with words, for me. Words could mean something or not at all. That's why words are just words." She stared at Mina's eyes, "This is going to be long. Want me to go on?"

The older eyes are full of sparks and she nodded.

"Books could imrpove our imagination. That's true. But mostly it's just a visualization of its word, you know? and we couldn't imagine about how the characters felt because it's all describe in one full page, more or less." Chaeyoung her lips, "While in the movies, with just a stare, we could write our own story with it and.."

Mina raised her eyebrow, "And?"

Chaeyoung shrugs, "And we still could feel the emotion that the director or the artist want to deliver. I do appreciate writers and poets because creating the perfect constellation of words is not easy. But, still, I prefer movies over books." Chaeyoung faced Mina again, which later he found Mina smiling and the younger show her pair of dimples, "W-why?", being nervous and all.

The older shook her head, "Nothing. You just, so interesting. I love the way you saw things. It was a simple question but you make it like it was a rocket science."

Chaeyoung giggles, "Thank you, I guess." The damn pretty girl never fail to make her heart flutter.

The silence are creeping in again, not long after. That's when finally Chaeyoung asked something that sounds simple but actually it was a rocket science, "Have you ever been in love?"

Mina faced the ceiling and suddenly she raised her hands and spread her fingers, so they can be united with the air, "I don't know. Maybe I have, maybe I actually don't."

Chaeyoung's body now fully facing to Mina, ready for the story telling.

Mina sighed, "Don't tell this to anyone. I don't know if this is love, but I adore Momoring so much—"

Mina is still telling her story while staring at the ceiling, but Chaeyoung couldn't hear the rest. She can't even see Mina's face properly anymore. Her sight are blocked by the unwanted tears on both pair of her eyes. She never felt like this before, but her heart ache like hell. Even more than that days in the classical room or the practice room where Mina was so caring towards Momo. She's wrong. She's wrong back then at the kitchen. She wouldn't be so hurt if Mina said she was joking about her seven heartwarming words. Nothing comparing to what she felt now. She is so damned because Mina just put both Momo and love in the same sentence. She never felt like this before and she never felt so sure like this before, but she finally can answer her own previous question;

Have you ever been in love?

Yeah. It's nothing like what I heard and it have a name; Myoui Mina.

____

So, I just watched La La Land for the second time the night before yesterday. This movie is so good, you guys should watch it. The movie reminds me of how is it like to be in love. Maybe none of you cared, but I ever hated love because my ex-gf treat me like right before we broke up and I never felt so numb ever since. I always wanted to have a relationship like Mia and Sebastian in the movie because they are one hundred percent supportive to each other. Especially, Seb, even though he made mistakes. But, aren't we all?

You guys are my Seb because you're here patiently waiting for me to write the next chapter and supporting me by leaving feedbacks and upvotes! I love you guys and I hope you enjoy what you just read! Thank you for all the 119 subscribers!

PS: I should thanked and promotes La La Land because after watching it *cough* twice I finally know how to begin the scene where they have the night talk and finished the chapter. I even made it longer than I supposed to, lmao. But seriously, the movie!! is!! so!! good!! I want to waste my money and watch it again until it vanished from the theater. You guys should listened to the Soundtracks too, because its A Quality Content.
PPS: My girlie Myoui Mina got the gold medal in Gymnastic!! I'm so proud of her :"" because finally her hard work paid off and she made no regrets and she's so happy today,, im cryin