Ch 05

My Favorite

Yoojung, whom Chaeyoung met at the Art Club and is in the same class with, is absent today. Nayeon, Tzuyu, and Dahyun also have whatever they need to do that they couldn't accompany Chaeyoung to have a lunch in the cafeteria today. Everyone in her class already gone or just staying in class. Chaeyoung had no other choice but to come by herself. She didn't like this idea actually, because she think it will be awkward as heck to eat in the crowded cafeteria alone. But she's doing her best to just shrug it off.

The cafeteria is so packed up in this hour. Exactly five minutes after the bell rang. Chaeyoung sighed and queued to have her lunch package. She drawed her phone-you know, phone is the ultimate saver from any awkward moment-from her pocket and opened webtoon.

"Chaengchaeng!" A pitched voice called her from the back. Chaeyoung immediately turned her head and found the Holy Trinity, especially Sana who just called her and waving excitedly. The Holy Trinity approached her and queued before Chaeyoung.

"Why are you alone?" Momo asked.

"Yoojung didn't came today and Nayeon, Dahyun, also Tzuyu have something to do." 

"Well, at least you have us now!" Sana smiled brightly.

Chaeyoung nodded and smiled. While the other two having a talk, Chaeyoung looked at Mina who's looking at the other side. Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrow and when she want to see who's Mina currently looking at, it's already her time to take the tray and have some lunch.

After they all have the tray with their lunch, Chaeyoung look at the entire cafeteria, looking for empty seats. But there's nothing left. 

"Where are we-" Chaeyoung turned her head and the Holy Trinity already giving her a sign to follow them. Chaeyoung is hesitating at first but she followed them anyway. Turns out they're heading to the Classical Room, which the Art Club usually use. The Hall is too big just for four of them, so they are here. 

"Is this okay...?" Chaeyoung tilt her head to the Holy Trinity who already taken the seats. 

"We already do this bunch of times, or even thousands. It's okay." Momo dig her lunch in.

Chaeyoung gulped and finally she take a seat and eat her lunch quietly. In case you didn't know it just yet, Chaeyoung pretty much found Momo intimidating. The whole thing with Momo who takes the Art Club seriously and she's the one who rarely Chaeyoung have a chat with, regardless that Momo is the first senior that she had chat with in Art Club (Nayeon is off the list). Well, Sana is like that too but she's not intimidating, like, at all. Sana is too cute to be true and as long as you didn't have a problem with her, she still is a ball of fluff who's way too friendly. 

Chaeyoung finished early than the rest and she decide to do her favorite thing to do, looking at Mina. When she raised her head, she found Mina staring at Momo and when Momo had all these messy kind of way to eat, she just can't help but to clean it up. For Momo. It's kinda hurt, seeing Mina being caring like that to someone who isn't Chaeyoung. 

"Ah!" Momo straighten her back and all of sudden, she tried to finish her lunch as soon as possible.

"Why?" Mina and Sana asked.

"It's Mr. Lee's class after lunch, didn't any of you remember?" Momo didn't bother to look at two of them and just focus on her lunch.

Chaeyoung is about to open he mouth, trying to be a good hoobae, telling that Momo shouldn't try so hard because she might choke. But, Mina already done it. She even pat Momo's shoulder gently. This is the first time Chaeyoung noticed that, Mina care about Momo, a lot. Maybe, all these time in the Art Club, Mina have been acting like this but it just Chaeyoung is just too busy to notice.

"Eat slowly." Mina said.

"But, Mr. Lee didn't care if I choked, he will only do nothing but humiliated me if I'm late." 

Mina sighed, "I get it. But, we could just leave the food if the bell rang and you're not finished."

Momo pouted, the next thing she say isn't heard by Chaeyoung because Sana suddenly called her.

Sana patted Chaeyoung's shoulder, "Chaengchaeng?"

Chaeyoung turned her head and raise her eyebrow, trying to smile too.

Sana shook her head, "Nothing. If you're surprised how Mina who usually is quiet transform to this person, I just want to tell you that they are always like this. Momo, who looks badass in the Art Club is actually a child that needs someone to be her second mom and for now, it's Mina."

---

Weeks after, Chaeyoung didn't thought a lot about that time during lunch in Classical Room. They said Momo is called by her agency, they need her to be a back dancer or something. So, Momo didn't came to school often and Chaeyoung could get through her day with Mina like usual. That's why Chaeyoung didn't bothered by the things that happened between Momo and Mina. Beside, she's also preparing for something big.

Chaeyoung is going to the Holy Trinity's agency audition. She's preparing for her dance for the audition and of course, Mina is her coach. Finally Chaeyoung have a reason to be with Mina most of the time. Suddenly she forgot what her mother said about making herself sure about this whole thing being an idol. Chaeyoung think that she's ready enough. With Mina, she could even take over the world if she wants to. But, since mina never said a thing about world domination, she won't go that far. Mina is currently a trainee, so she wants to be a trainee. Hoping that someday she'd make a debut in a group with Mina. It's not necessarily only a desire to be with Mina though, she's also interested in improving her music skills.

"You've gotten a lot better," Mina smiled, "They'd be an idiot if they didn't accept a talented and a fast learner like you."

Chaeyoung raise her eyebrow and giggles, "Whoa. Dont' get my hopes up. Your company is no joke."

"I'm serious."

Chaeyoung gulped, "O-okay. Thanks,"

Chaeyoung finds serious!Mina both intimidating and hot. The way Mina look straight into her eyes feels like her whole soul is being taken out of her body. Mina being serious also reminds her how Mina is when she's dancing. Well, hot and beautiful and flawless and everything about her is perfect, even though sometimes it doesn't seems like it. Imperfection is perfection, they said. That's what happened when Chaeyoung saw Mina doing-well, basically-everything. Everything that Mina do is perfect in Chaeyoung's eyes. Maybe, just maybe, all of these things that Chaeyoung feels about Mina is because a weird thing that Nayeon once mentioned. Love. 

She never experience this before, so she's not sure. What she's sure about is that she wants to be with Mina, doing things she love. Maybe she doesn't mind being like this forever, meeting Mina at the Art Club Hall almost everyday after school, watching her body moves and learning basic dance from her. Showing Mina the latest lyrics that she made. Showing Mina her drawing or doodles. Asking for advices. Doing whatever that could happened at those hours after school at the hall. With Mina, Chaeyoung could appreciate and love herself and things that she capable of, reminding that before any of this happened, Chaeyoung had low self-esteem most of the times. Chaeyoung could take care of anything that she's told to do, putting her self-esteem aside. But that doesn't mean she had a high self-esteem. She's just trying her best to take care of her duty. But finally, with Mina she could learn how to love herself more. Maybe this is what love is all about.

"Chaengie, I guess can't accompany you 'till the end of the day." said Mina as she turned the music off. Even before Chaeyoung said a word, Mina already packed her things up and explained, "Momo needs me back in the company."

These sunny sky in Chaeyoung's mind turned into a rain in a second. But Chaeyoung tried to smile, "That's okay. Good luck, I guess."

Mina smiled and ruffles Chaeyoung's hair, "You too."

And just like that, Mina left her for the first time in these weeks of practicing. Chaeyoung sighed. Maybe, I just don't want to be alone, Chaeyoung thought while she felt sad for two reasons, which is being alone and the other one which she can't figure out what. She turned the music on, starting to practice again both on her dance and rap, secretly hoping this could wipe the sadness away. Even after three times in a row doing the same things over and over, the sadness she tried to wipe away is still there. She sighed and wrapped things up. Little did Chaeyoung know, she doesn't experience this kind of sadness for the first time.  This kind of sadness is not completely new in her heart; Jealousy. She had this on her heart too, weeks before, at the Classical Room.

____________

Thanks for staying here no matter how cheesy this fic is lmao. Thank you for waiting. Hope you enjoy what you just read! Thanks for all of the feedbacks and your subscription.

Comment(s) and Upvote(s) are very 1000x appreciated! Love you guys.

PS: I,, am also didn't expect this story will lead to the idol thingy lol