Ch 06

My Favorite

It's just like another night. But Chaeyoung is not alone like the other night, she have Mina. They already doing these things a lot more often after Chaeyoung decided to join the audition. By these things, I mean, a late night call. Chaeyoung didn't know if its because she's interested slash crushing on Mina, so she shared anything that she had gone through, or simply because it's comfortable. Maybe both. 

Mina's voice is too soothing to be heard at two in the morning. She wants to sleep along with Mina's talk, but she wants to hear it. Her voice is too soothing, that Chaeyoung always came up with something whenever their conversation died down. Just to hear Mina's voice. Every tone in Mina's voice is too honest it's like she could imagine any expressions on Mina's face while she only heard the voice. 

Chaeyoung likes to talk about her thoughts on things, like how she hated Americano but drinks it anyway to look cool. When Chaeyoung finally have the courage to say it, Mina laughed out loud. But Mina's laugh didn't make Chaeyoung ashamed. At all. She loves it, Mina's laugh is contagious and she end up smiling hearing it. Maybe this is what love is all about, you didn't even mind to look or sounds weird in front of your crush because they make you feel safe to talk about anything, they make you feel comfortable. 

---

The next day after school, they decided to grab some coffee. Mina thought that Chaeyoung might need a rest from all the practices. This is the very first time Chaeyoung ordered a latte while not being with herself. Mina laughed when the barista asked why Chaeyoung didn't order americano this time. Chaeyoung just smiled seeing Mina laughing and shrugged, "I just need something that's close enough to match my day lately and that's definitely not americano."

Latte. A cup of espresso with a swirl of steamed milk to make it sweet. This is probably the most common coffee that almost everyone had a taste even just for once. But, Chaeyoung-just like an artsy person she is-had another perspective of latte. Especially for today. Especially for what she just said towards the barista awhile ago. 

There are lots of coffee who just offering pure bitterness. As if the grade-A aka life is not bitter enough. Chaeyoung drinks that kind of coffee to make her looks cool, when the truth is that she drinks it because something need to be a reminder for her. As a reminder that, there are still sweetness outside this cup of coffee, such as, a thing called love. Which she never experience before. 

And Myoui Mina stepped into her life. Myoui Mina is her steamed milk in a cup of her espresso. Giving sweetness to every inch of her life, including her cup of coffee.


They took the seat beside the window. Chaeyoung took out her sketch book, she ever promised to Mina to make a doodle in front of her, so this is the time. Mina stared at Chaeyoung whose attention is being taken by her sketch book.

"Is it okay, if I talk when you're drawing?" Mina asked.

Chaeyoung giggled, "Tell me one reason why it isn't."

Mina smiled, "Remember that time when I left you in the middle of a practice?"

Chaeyoung scribbled a little more, finishing a part of the doodle she made, "Yeah, why?"

Mina sips her Caramel Macchiato, "One of the dancers is sick back then and I had to replace her."

Chaeyoung turned her head, wanting to meet Mina in the eyes.

"She's still not coming back, even though she tend to force herself, she couldn't do it. She even ever passed out in the middle of a practice, that's when I had to replace her, all of sudden." 

"Ah, that's bad..." Chaeyoung's curious face turned into a concern.

"I know," Mina stretched a little, "But, it's not that bad though. She just need a rest. A good one."

"So," Chaeyoung sips her latte, "Are you going to replace her? At the concert?"

Mina nodded. That's when Chaeyoung smiled excitedly like a child who's allowed to eat an ice cream while having a light cold, "Isn't that an opportunity? That means the company noticed you, right? Congratulations!"

"Yeah, but I'm kind of didn't feel good about this towards the previous dancer."

"This is her job and she couldn't do it because of something we can't predict. I believe she'll be fine. It's not like the company gonna fire her after this."

Mina stared at Chaeyoung for a long time after she said that. 

"W-why?" Chaeyoung scratch her neck, feeling kind of awkward.

Mina smiled and hugged Chaeyoung, "Thanks again, for being here."

---

Today's Art Club activity for dance are guided by no one but Sana. Well, you already know where Mina and Momo is. 

"ChaengChaeng!" Dahyun clinged her left arm to Chaeyoung's neck, "Are you free this saturday?" 

"Yeah, why?" 

"Didn't you know it?" Nayeon raise her eyebrow, "It's your girlf-"

Before Nayeon finished her words, Chaeyoung pinch her arm first, "Ouch, it hurts!"

Chaeyoung shook her head, "Don't mind what Nayeon-unnie want to say. Yeah, what's the schedule for this saturday?" 

Dahyun, Sana, and Tzuyu left speechless by the two. Tzuyu rolled her eyes, "Sana-unnie invited us to the concert where Momo-unnie and Mina-unnie is the back dancer."

Nayeon chuckles, "See? It's your girlf-" 

Chaeyoung closed Nayeon's mouth with her hand and laughed awkwardly, "Don't mind this unnie. By the way, I'm in!"

---

D-Day. Chaeyoung watched the concert with the other four but she enjoyed herself here. Especially when Mina came out.

"It's Mina and Momo!"
"MINARI! MOMORING!"

Chaeyoung didn't bother to scream along with the other four and she didn't care about the weird stare that one or two audiences gave to them because they screamed a nugus name. Chaeyoung just enjoying herself, seeing Mina dancing along to the music. Even though she didn't get the spotlight, Mina could never fail to amaze Chaeyoung. She didn't mind to be Mina's #1 Fan when Mina debuted later, she could be her fan site master-nim even. But the thought of debuting with Mina is too beautiful to be neglected.

The one who's singing on the stage right now didn't fail to amaze Chaeyoung either. It's soothing. But, just like any other person who's currently in love, she reminded of Mina. Chaeyoung wondered, how would Mina sounds when she's singing? Just by hearing Mina talk, her voice is already soothing. Maybe Mina would sounds like an angel when she's singing.

"Chaeyoung-a?" Nayeon poke Chaeyoung's arm.

"What?" 

"It's almost encore. We should get going now if we want to go to the backstage." Sana explained.

They're now separated from the audiences, making their way to the backstage. Chaeyoung's heart skips a beat. The thought of Mina being all sweaty and still in the stage costume is just too much.

"Pong!" Someone shouted at Chaeyoung's ear from the back. Just by hearing the voice, she already know who is it. Her heart jumping like crazy while she turned around.

"Mina-unnie!" Chaeyoung smiled brightly.

Nayeon cling to Mina's neck, "Mina-ya! You were amazing back on the stage!" 

"How about me?" Momo pouted.

"You're all amazing!" Sana raise her thumbs up.

"Are we that amazing, Tzuyu? ..and?" Momo giving Dahyun a questioning look.

"Hi, Momo-sunbae. I'm Dahyun, I took classical in the art club." Dahyun bowed to Mina and Momo.

"Ah, I see. By the way, meet my friend," Momo waved excitedly to a girl with almost-shoulder length hair, "Jeongyeon-a!"

The girl who called as Jeongyeon approached them, "Hello, I'm also a trainee like these sunbaes of yours. Yoo Jeongyeon. Pleasure to meet you."

"And this is Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Tzuyu."

They all bowed to each other.

"You're all from the Art Club, right? Music or dance?" Jeongyeon asked.

Chaeyoung smiled, "Dahyun and I are the one who joined the music in the Art Club. But Dahyun took the classical one. Tzuyu joined the dance."

"Ah, I see." Jeongyeon nodded, "The company is opening a local audition next month. Did you guys have any interest?"

"Ah!" Mina raise her hand, "Actually, Chaeyoung already prepared for it."

Chaeyoung glared to Mina but even before Mina realize, Nayeon,Tzuyu and Dahyun already yelled at Chaeyoung about how she said nothing about it to them. 

Chaeyoung runs her fingers through her hair, "A-ah, it's not that late to prepare for it. We could start practicing together tomorrow."

Tzuyu and Dahyun then smiled and get all excited about it. Chaeyoung just rolled her eyes and look at Mina who is currently laughing to her. And she can't help but to smile.

______

Sorry if the plot in this chapter is too rushed, I was going to make this a bonus chapter only (Ch 5.5) but turns out I write the chapter long enough to be Ch 06.

 

Hope you enjoy what you just read!! Congratulations to me who just reach 102 subscribers and that thanks to you!! Thank you for reading my story and didn't forget to leave feedbacks! Comment(s) and Upvote(s) are very 1000x appreciated!