Ch 08

My Favorite

Today is the first day Chaeyoung came into the company as a trainee. She's there with everyone who got accepted. It already passed more than five hours, but they did nothing beside practicing, dance class, vocal class, anything they could do to improve themselves in the field. It's not so different from the Art Club activity, but this is something real; with real professional coach and of course, deadass tiring. If they are something more than good enough, they could be someone who stand in a big stage with loud cheering. So, they won't stop unless they have reached their goals or simply just to take care of themselves, like now. It's lunch time and they're heading out to grab lunches.

Jihyo, their new friend from the vocal class, are offering them to have a lunch in her regular restaurant she, Jeongyeon, and the Holy Trinity usually came to. An all-you-can-eat restaurant with affordable price and comfy place. Jihyo have been a trainee since she was a kid, even long before the seniors, so she memorized every place near the company like it's the back of her hand.

"I'm sorry, but I already have a plan for today's lunch." After bowed, Chaeyoung left her friends in speechless. 

As they watched Chaeyoung goes away, "What's wrong with her these days? She’s absent from Art Club activity and didn't you guys think she was too quite? That’s so weird.“ Nayeon clucked her tongue.

Dahyun nodded, “Also, she’s nowhere to be found when it’s break time at school.”

“Being absent from Art Club activity is weird enough coming from Chaeyoung. She’s the one who always putting much effort in it.” Tzuyu rolled her eyes, “She’s just so weird these days.”

While Jihyo bites her upper lip, doesn’t know how to react. Not long after, she laughs awkwardly and pat Nayeon’s and Tzuyu’s shoulder, “Maybe she just need to be alone for awhile or she really do have a more important matter. Let’s eat!”

—-

Uh, I should’ve just joined them. But, I don’t even know if the other seniors will came too or not. B-but, I’m craving for a restaurant’s chajangmyeon, Chaeyoung pouted. Nevermind, I’ll just eat the instant one.

Chaeyoung just paid for an instant chajangmyeon in a convenience store near the company. The short haired girl sat on her favorite place in every cafe or anywhere that have this spot; the one by wide window with the street view. Even though this is the worst idea that ever came up in someone’s—who’s currently avoiding people—mind, she doesn’t really care. She would never not choose this spot as long as she could. Until she saw the lunch buddies across the street, heading to the restaurant in front of Chaeyoung’s current spot. She immediately left her hoodie up to cover her face and looked down.

Actually, it’s been days since Chaeyoung draw a line between her and the rest. Well, no, maybe it’s only meant for Mina but because now they never separated from the seniors.. she have no choice but to avoid all of them. Even Nayeon, because apparently Nayeon is closer to Momo than Mina.

Chaeyoung can’t face the damn pretty girl anymore because now she is sure that she’s in love with Mina. Unfortunately, she need Mina to confess her love for someone else to make Chaeyoung realize her feeling. When it’s already too late.



“Where is Chaeyoung though?” Mina asked right after they ordered their lunch.

Nayeon shook her head, “I don’t know. She said she have another plan.”

“She never texted me again,” Mina sighed, “And now it looks like she’s avoiding me.”

Nayeon and Jeongyeon blurt out the same question, “Are you guys dating each other?” which makes them looked into each other’s eyes and smirked when Nayeon said, “Jinx!”

Mina rolled her eyes, “It’s not like that! I’m just worried.”

Momo chuckled, “It’s okay if it’s true though. We won’t judge.”

Mina shook her head, “I’m just worried, okay? Now, please excuse me.” She stood up and walks to the restroom.

The restroom is empty. Finally, she can take a proper breath. Mina washed her face, she sighed for nth times. Everything in her spectrums right now are puzzled. She never been more confused. For the first time, she can’t answer a question that came up in her mind regarding to this foreign feeling she felt. She isn’t sure what is this feeling pointed to. Or who. But she’s sure that she’s worried. The real question is who. Is she worried because Momo might take Nayeon’s and Jeongyeon’s joke seriously? or is she worried because Chaeyoung is nowhere to be found? No one knows. If she knew the answer she wouldn’t be here staring at her own reflection for a long time. Instead, she will go running towards the person who became the answer.

To be honest, Mina is an amateur when it comes to love. She was like the heroine in every mainstream love story. Being in all-girls school before moving to Korea didn’t stop Mina for being the most wanted girl in her high school days back in Japan. There are lots of girls that have or had crush on her, boys are also included even though they are not attending the same school as her. But, Myoui Mina is like a celebrity among high schooler in Kobe. Those who doesn’t know her probably have been living in a cave. Her shoe locker never had a single chance to breath because it’s always fulfilled with gifts or letters with the sender’s initials. Mina never bother to search for the sender or took this action seriously.

The amount of Mina’s Worshippers is uncountable—because the gift and/or letter sender never left her alone, let alone the secret admirers who do nothing but supporting or appreciating Mina behind the shadows. They know the wanted girl won’t take them seriously but they just never stop. Mina never really noticed them until her friends told her so. But most of the times she only replied the lame news with Oh, really? followed with a fake surprised face. But that doesn’t make her an arrogant girl who admit that she have lots of fans and/or secret admirer. She never labeled these people as her fans or whatsoever, she just thought them as a bunch of people who just genuinely being kind, not because they desperately want a piece of her.

Mina never took this love thingy seriously because she have no time for it. She always too caught up with her schedule and her hobbies. Especially her hobbies. When her friends are spending their time and money for foods or karaoke room after school, she spent her time by practicing or doing homework. It’s simple, because her dream is not like everybody else’s—accepted by the desired university—rather, she wants to flew all the way to South Korea to pursue her dream; being a successful k-idol that’s recognized by the people because of her skills.

That’s why she waste all of her chances to spent her youth with her japanese friends, to prove that she is serious. Finally, at the age of seventeen she got accepted by the company she’s in and flew all the way to South Korea alone. All the struggle she have been through before brought her here, in front of the mirror in an all you can eat restaurant’s restroom with her fellow trainees waiting outside. 

Suddenly someone came in. Chaeyoung. Mina startled but relieved to know that Chaeyoung is here and looks fine. Chaeyoung didn’t meet her eyes, “Um.. lunch is ready.” and immediately go out after she finished her sentence. Leaving Mina alone. The atmosphere was awkward and that doesn’t change even after Mina joined them. She lost her appetite, but she forced herself to eat because she doesn’t want to make the others uncomfortable.

“So, apparently, Chaeng’s other plan is to eat a bowl of instant chajangmyeon in the convenience store across the street.” Jeongyeon finally break the silence.

Mina, still couldn’t act like she used to because Chaeyoung is acting weird, answered, “Ah.. I see.”

Jeongyeon pouted, “Ah, you’re no fun!”

Mina just smiled while the others play along with Jeongyeon’s tease towards Chaeyoung. mina stayed silent as she watch Chaeyoung whining adorably.

Well, at least she’s okay.

“I’m home.” Chaeyoung changed her shoes to a cute cub shaped slippers, “Nayeon-unnie came along.”

Nayeon bowed, “Good evening, eomeonim.”

“Welcome home! Nayeon-ah, it’s been awhile.” Chaeyoung’s mom smiled.

Chaeyoung walks to her room, “She’s gonna stay for the night.”

“Ooh, alright. You guys go clean yourself. I’ll call you when dinner’s ready.”

Nayeon bowed again, “Thank you, eomeonim.” and followed Chaeyoung to her room.

Chaeyoung immediately drop her backpack once they got in and laid down on her bed while Nayeon placed her backpack in the corner of the room. The older girl is going to shower first since it’s the unwritten rule from Chaeyoung whenever Nayeon stayed for the night. Later, they had dinner with the whole Son family. Now, here they are, in Chaeyoung’s room with dimmed light since Nayeon couldn’t sleep without any light and it looks like it’s going to rain outside.

“Say, did you have with Mina on this bed without changing the sheet?” Nayeon chuckles.

Chaeyoung almost choked on her own saliva, “Wha-?! I changed the sheet like yesterday and no! I’m a minor! I’m not having with her!”

“..Yet.”

Chaeyoung growls, “If you only stay for the night just to tease me for the whole night, I could kick you out right now.”

“Well, if you don’t mind to be lectured by your mother, okay.”

“Uuh. Just, go to sleep, Nayeon-unnie.”

Nayeon giggled, “Serious talk here, why are you acting weird lately?”

“Weird? Like what?”

“Avoiding us.”

Chaeyoung gulped, she didn’t know it’d be that obvious.

Nayeon sighed, “I guess it’s true. Why though? Did you got rejected or something?”

Chaeyoung coughs, “I-it’s not like that!”

“Like what? Mind to tell me? I thought we’re close enough to spill out things.”

Chaeyoung was left with no choice so she told Nayeon what happens that night when Mina was staying over. The older girl  hug the younger right after she finishes her story. This action is like applying the cold water in her wound. Chaeyoung still couldn’t cry but she still extremely feeling the loss of Mina. Mina is going nowhere, yet Chaeyoung felt like she’s going far away. When in reality, it was Chaeyoung who drew a line between her and Mina, and she’s also the one who doesn’t want to meet Mina at all cost, unless she had no choice.

_____

I'm currently in my last year of high school and things got pretty rough lately. I just finished my practice test week and it's only 10 days until I got into another practice test week again. I'm sorry if I update the fic later than I've ever been, but I'll try my best to finish the fic before the final exam (which is in April). Wish me luck!

Thank you for reading my fic and I hope you enjoy what you just read! Thank you for all the feedbacks! I've reached 141 subscribers which is amazing since my fic isn't that great with my minimum vocabulary, thank you very 1000x much! Until this point, I just realized that I'm so bad at giving the title of my fic, I should've titled this as Pillow Talk or smth that more resembles to its spectrum lmao.

PS: I'm currently obsessed with HONNE, if you guys like alternative/chill music, go check 'em out! It's best to listen to the songs when you're just on the way going home after a rough day, or going to sleep with the lights off or dimmed. I really hope someone make michaeng fmv with their song lmao (esp I Can Give You Heaven or Good Together)