Ch 03

My Favorite

"Chaengie, sorry I already have a plan, I totally forgot that today is the day for the class service."

"Me too..."
"We will do all the work for next week, promise."

Chaeyoung sighed and nodded. Well, she have the whole class to be cleaned now. She plugged the headphone to her phone and pressed play. Turns out the played song is Work, and everything that happens yesterday flashing back on Chaeyoung's mind. It amazed her how Penguin Mina™ turned to The Hottest Goddess Mina™ in a second just because someone order her to dance.

Chaeyoung drowned in her thoughts while sweeping the class floor, didn't realize that someone outside the class was eyeing her. When this someone started to make a move, Dahyun and Tzuyu already entered the class and yelled at Chaeyoung because she didn't hear a single thing from them.

"Why are you working alone?" Dahyun asked.

"Everyone happens to forgot their schedule to clean the class and made a plan," Chaeyoung explained.

"How irresponsible." Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

"No, at least they will make me free from all these things, next week." Chaeyoung smiled, "Are you two in the same class?"

"Yep. We got along after the Art Club, we're going to do a group project this noon." Dahyun chuckles.

"Sorry we couldn't help you cleaning..."

Chaeyoung shook her head, "No, it's okay! It's not like you owe me or something." 

Shortly after, Tzuyu and Dahyun said goodbye. Chaeyoung is ready to back to her work until Tzuyu suddenly said Mina-sunbaenim which make Chaeyoung turned her head. She silently eyeing Tzuyu, Dahyun and Mina interaction until her two friends go away. She's adoring Mina's beauty in school uniform with her hair tied and startled when Mina's eyes met hers. Mina giggles and approach Chaeyoung without hesitating. 

"Need a hand?" 

Chaeyoung bite her lips, "Um.. Are you not going home?"

"Nope, if you need a hand."

Chaeyoung gulped, she didn't need any  but she wants to be with Mina, "Uh.."

"I'll take that as a yes, then." Mina walked to the back and take a broom.

"Thanks, Mina-un-uh, sunbaenim."

"You can just call me unnie if you want."

Chaeyoung startled, "Uh, okay, Mina-unnie."

Mina smiled and joined Chaeyoung, sweeping the floor. As they sweep the floor, Chaeyoung took glances towards Mina. Just like it was before, everytime Chaeyoung look at Mina, Mina knew and make their eyes mer which makes Chaeyoung flustered, and the other just giggles. After fifteen minutes of sweeping and Mina's giggles, they finished.

"Where is your home?" Chaeyoung asked as they walked to the bus stop.

"Japan, of course."

Chaeyoung slapped her forehead, "Uh, right."

Mina giggled, "I live in a dormitory in Cheongdam-dong."

"Ah..." Chaeyoung nodded, clenching her backpack strap.

"You could come over anytime. It's kinda lonely there, since I live with no one."

Chaeyoung turned her head, not saying anything.

Mina pouted, "It's okay if you don't want to." 

"No, no! I'd love to!" 

Mina smiled, "Please learn to say anything about what you really wanted at the first place, okay? Because sometimes it could be too late."

Chaeyoung looks at Mina in confusion but she just smiled, "Our bus is here."

They hop on and sit at the back. The rest of the journey is Chaeyoung talked about how this is her first bus since six years ago because, back then, when she was twelve, her bus is almost hijacked and since then she always took subway to home.

When it almost reach Cheongdam-dong, Chaeyoungbsaid the stop to her home is before Cheongdam-dong and it makes Mina panicked, in front of Chaeyoung, for the first time. And that's cute as hell, even cuter than her giggles.

"You could have just left me and go home first." Said Mina who's still uncomfortable because she just brought this baby cub all the way to Cheongdam-dong.

Chaeyoung shrugged, "You could have done the same, but you helped me anyway." 

"But you're a kid." Mina pat Chaeyoung's head.

Cheongdam-dong. Cheongdam-dong.

"I'm not!" 

Mina giggled and stood up, "Let's go."

They left the bus and stand there, until the bus left.

"Going to take subway?" Mina asked and Chaeyoung nodded.

"You could leave now, my dorm is only two blocks away from here. Besides, it's already dinner time."

"Uh, okay. Goodbye, Mina-unnie."

Mina smiled and waved to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung smiled back and left. They walked to different directions and stopped, they looked back. They met each other's eyes and laughed.

---

That night is the same as the night after Chaeyoung's first time seeing Mina. Chaeyoung is wondering, she just couldn't believe she spent the time after school with Myoui Mina, her senior, who she thought is out of her league, even after the Art Club activity. She couldn't believe she have the guts to do something that she really wanted to. Like what she's doing right now. Sitting beside Mina on Mina's couch, at Mina's dorm, eating dinner. Together.

She stare at Mina's side profile, every single of her feature on her face are illuminated by the light from the television. It looks magical to Chaeyoung.

Mina, like she always been, knew and turned her head, "Something's wrong?"

Chaeyoung shook her head, "Are you aware that you're beautiful?"

Mina looked at Chaeyoung's eyes, "Are you?"

Chaeyoung goes blank, it's impossible to confess right now. 

What? Confess? Are you even know what you're feeling? Chaeyoung gulped and decide to continue eating.

They spent the night sitting on the couch watching whatever is on TV until Chaeyoung's phone vibrates and her mom appeared on the screen. 

"Well, I guess it's really getting late." Mina smiled.

Chaeyoung is going to wash the plates but Mina stopped her, "You should be home now." 

Chaeyoung insisted to help Mina but Mina, being as an angel like she is, insisted too. So, they are here now; Chaeyoung already outside Mina's dorm and Mina is in her dorm.

"Really going to take the subway now." Chaeyoung smiled.

Mina hugged Chaeyoung, "Thank you for being here."

_____

This chapter contains a lot of dialogs, i think, but are you guys okay with it though? Let me know what you guys think! Hope you enjoy what you just read! Comment(s) and Upvote(s) are very 1000x appreciated!