Ch 04

My Favorite

Myoui Mina. Chaeyoung mentioned that name repeatedly on her mind, but she can't name anything about her but dancer, japanese, and... feels lonely sometimes? The only personal thing that Chaeyoung knew about Mina is that she's lonely because she live with no one but herself. Chaeyoung's not even sure about that. Ever since that sudden dinner, they've gotten closer but Mina  never opens up about herself, Chaeyoung is the only one who excitedly told her everything (not really everything though).

It's the third Art Club activity for this month. They are asked to do something based on their branch with a cheerful image. It doesn't have to be cute, it just need to be cheerful. Chaeyoung turned her head to found Mina who's still in her school uniform, eyeing her "students" danced to Ahh Oop! by MAMAMOO. Suddenly Mina straighten her proportion and her eyes met Chaeyoung's. Chaeyoung said "anticipate me!" in an inaudible voice and smiled until her dimples shows. Mina giggled.

"Yah, stop flirting around." Nayeon yelled at Chaeyoung's ear.

"Ah!" Chaeyoung covers her ear, "I'm not?" 

"Yes, you are, with Mina just a while ago?"

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrow, "It's not flirting. It's called giggling, friends do that a lot. At least me and her."

"Are you guys really have gotten that close? Just bevause of that unexpected dinner?" 

"I have told you everything, okay? After that dinner, we exchanged number and from there, we told each other stories and we've gotten closer ever since."

Nayeon look at Chaeyoung suspiciously, which makes Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrow again, "Why?!"

Nayeon (tried to) pulled of a serious expression like someone who just about to told conspiracy theories, "What if, Mina interested in you too? I mean, I've been friends with her longer than you do and I never giggled with her for no reason."

Chaeyoung bite her lip, "Well, maybe she did, but does that matter?"

Nayeon rolled her eyes, "Oh my Girl, Son Chaeyoung! Of course it does! You coulnd't even sleep for a wink because you're curious slash interested with her." 

"Yeah, but- but it's different."

Nayeon shrugged, "Whatever."

"Chaeyoung, your turn!" Heehyun, one of the Geobjaeng-i Art Club's "teacher" for Music (especially raps), called Chaeyoung.

"Go, it's your time to shine." Nayeon give Chaeyoung a fist bump.

Chaeyoung smirked. She steal a glance towards Mina before approaching to Heehyun, and there she is, already anticipating for Chaeyoung's performance. Chaeyoung immediately smiled and gained more confidence. Before she performed, Heehyun clapped her hands loudly so anyone in the hall shut their mouth up, "Our first performance of the day! Chaeyoung, a first grader."

Chaeyoung performed with Honey by J.Y. Park, letting her adorable side yet energetic out. Everyone in the room can't help but stare at her, even though usually they're dozing out while someone is performing. Outside the Art Club, Chaeyoung looks like a small, ordinary high schooler but here, her stage presence are no joke, she's one of the best performance in the club. After she finished, everyone end up clapping for her, especially Mina and Nayeon who clapped the loudest.

For the third time, she got another compliment from the judge. She smiled in satisfaction, because she really believe that hard work would never betray. She never write the lyrics thoughtlessly, she always try to do the best. For what? It's not for a competition, or even an audition to be a trainee in one of the Big 3 Companies, it is just for another performance in a random art club. Chaeyoung didn't know for sure why she do this things in her best, but maybe, just maybe, she really into this kind of thing and that, thanks to Myoui Mina who makes her join the Music, not the Painting.

Because of Myoui Mina, Chaeyoung could discover her value in music.

---

"Mom, what if , I want to be an idol?" Chaeyoung asked.

Her mom who's currently cutting onions, stopped and turned her head to look at her only daughter, "What's gotten into you?"

Chaeyoung shrugged, "I don't know. I've told you about the Art Club I'm joining and I guess everything went smoothly with me being in the music-branch. I always tried to do the best and everyone loved it."

"I would pat your head at times like this, but I still have all these onions." Her mother smiled, "If you're serious about that, I would support you no matter what, Son Chaeyoung. But, I guess, this is too sudden and you need to prove it. Not for me, but for yourself."

Chaeyoung hugged her mother, "Thank you for being here, Mom."

---

It's past 12 AM and Chaeyoung is having difficulty to sleep. She's still thinking about the convo she just had with her mother. Maybe, I need to ask what the others think about this. So, she texted Mina.

Are you up?

MM: Yeah, why?


While Chaeyoung is thinking what she gonna answer, a video call request came from Mina which makes Chaeyoung screams internally and jumped like a child who just opened her christmas gift. Her hands are trembling, but she managed to click Accept. Chaeyoung couldn't even saw the others well because of the minimum light from nowhere but Mina's phone's light, but she know Myoui Mina still is, a goddess.

"Why?" Mina asked regarding to Chaeyoung whom stayed silent even after they got connected (and also for the sudden late night text).

"Uh," Chaeyoung startled, "I'm just going to ask for some advices. But, sorry if I'm being too awkward since I'm not used to video calls."

Mina giggles, "It's okay, I've told you dozen times. It's cute."

Chaeyoung bite her lips, "So... Can you give me a honest feedback for all of my performance in Art Club?"

"Okay," Mina her lips, "I'm not an expert in terms of this kind of things-rap, I mean. But, I'll try. Since you seems so bothered about this, because you even texted me at late night like this."

Chaeyoung gulped, "Sorry..."

"No, I'm joking." Mina pouted, "For an amateur, what you're doing is quite- no, extremely good. Above the average. Even there are famous rappers out there who couldn't even write lyrics like yours, as senstive as yours. What I'm saying is, your ability to write lyrics and raps are extremely good. You could be a professional in a short time. Not to mention your confidence and stage presence, even though you said it's your first time."

"It really is my first time." Chaeyoung pouted.

Mina laughed, "I know, I trusted you. Good things aside, even if you have much confidence, sometimes when performing, you doesn't looks like you really want to do it. Even though you have the perfect ability to pour your feelings out into the lyrics you wrote, you seems to have the difficulty to show it. Lack of emotions, I guess. Overall, you're extremely good at what you're doing. Joining the music is like- your best decision, because you're talented. If you do slightly better, you could be a professional if you want to."

Chaeyoung smiled and nodded, she trust Mina so much in this and didn't even want to argue because Mina never fails to pour her feelings and emotions into her whole performance.

"I just told my mom, what if I want to be an idol. She actually approve it. I just need to prove it to myself that I really did capable for it." Chaeyoung looks at Mina, "Did I?"

Mina smiled, "You are. Even with what you're having right now. Being a trainee means having practices to be better and all."

Chaeyoung smiled when she heard that. Mina followed. They stayed silent for a while until Mina cracks the silence, "Actually,"

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrow and hummed, "Hmm?"

"I'm a trainee along with Momoring and Sana-unnie. That's the only reason why I moved here."

Chaeyoung's eyes widen, she is half happy and half surprised. Happy because finally Mina opens up to her without her actually asking and surprised because well, she's a trainee. But not that surprised because she knows the Holy Trinity's ability is a top-notch.

Mina smiled, "Yeah. We're a trainee. If you're asking where, let's just say it's a company that you would recognize."

"Whoa." Chaeyoung gulped, "You really are amazing, Mina-unnie."

Mina just smiled and they stayed silent again. Chaeyoung stares at Mina's face and those crazy things came up on her mind, Maybe she really did capable for an idol and the best thing about it is, she could join the company where the holy trinity is and she could spend more time with Mina even after graduating.

"What if, I signed for an audition? If I got accepted, would you debut with me?" Chaeyoung asked in a very low tone.

"Of course I would, we didn't have that much of rappers though."

Right when Mina said that, once again Chaeyoung screams internally. Maybe all she need in life is not love, but Myoui Mina, and that's basically a same thing. She smiled so wide after, that's when her head all of sudden asked a question, Are you really okay with this? Too attached to someone you barely know. This could have lead you to something called pain. But Chaeyoung just shook her head (not literally because that'd be too weird. a friendly reminder, she is still in a middle of a video call with Mina). She thinks she's okay with this. The existence of Myoui Mina just gave her lots of motivation towards anything that could make her gotten closer with Mina. She could never thought of losing Mina in her eyes. Because of that, she could never imagine how her life now without Mina. Also, she could never imagine the incoming pain.

_____

Please, please, please, keep the feedback coming! Because that's my motivation to keep this up, I always treat myself with your feedbacks after successfully write a chapter. Finishing a chapter without seeing any feedbacks from y'all are just sad, I'm just imagining it but that already felt so sad lol. Your feedbacks are my motivation, just like Mina to Chaeyoung ;)

Hope y'all enjoy what you just read! Comment(s) and Upvote(s) are very 1000x appreciated. Thanks for the prev comments and congratulations for me who just reach 65 subscribers! Thanks to y'all, too.