Ch 01

My Favorite

Chaeyoung sighed and sips her coffee. Her face becomes bitter like the coffee in a second. To be honest, she never likes coffee, she prefer latte, but she think drinking coffee makes her looks cool. She opened her sketchbook, started to drawing whatever is in her mind right now. Didn't satisfied by her drawing, she decide to doze off, looking to the window in front of her, watching the people who passed at the other side. A girl with full black outfit suddenly stopped in front of Chaeyoung's window.


Chaeyoung stared at her, woah.. what a beauty.

The girl with black outfit turned her head and her eyes met Chaeyoung's. She smiled and started walking again. Just after the girl left, a girl with same school uniform as Chaeyoung's waved at her and step in to the cafe.

"Do you wait too long? I'm sorry it takes a lot of time than I thought." The girl apologized even before Chaeyoung could say a single word.

"No, it's okay."

"How was the first day at our school?"

"It was great."

"Is there any club you want to join?"

"I'm not sure," Chaeyoung sips her coffee and make the bitter face again.

"If you hate the bitterness, why don't you just order latte?"

Chaeyoung shrugs, "By the way, Nayeon-unnie, you know almost everyone around here right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I just... nevermind."

"Ah, why?!"

Chaeyoung just shook her head and laughed, "Let's get out of here."

---

Chaeyoung walked through the club's stands that gather around the hall.

"Have long legs and love to exercise? Come join us, Geobjaeng-i's Basketball Club!"

Chaeyoung slowly took a glance towards her legs, Definitely no.

"Geobjaeng-i's Art Club! Any kind of art could be found here! Interested?" Nayeon suddenly appeared in front of Chaeyoung.

"Oh, Nayeon-unnie. I didn't know you're in the art club."

"Well, I'm one of the vocal queen in this High School, you know." Nayeon laughed.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes jokingly.


"Tzuyu joined our dance class, by the way."

"Oh?  I didn't know that."

"You. are. her. cousin!" Nayeon effortlessly beat Chaeyoung's shoulder.


Chaeyoung shrugged, "Well, I'm sorry? We're not at the same class now, so I didn't get to see her often."

Nayeon sighed and grabbed Chaeyoung's arm, "Join our club."

"But-" Chaeyoung acts defensively, remind stood up for a while but she followed Nayeon anyway. When she arrived at the Art Club stand, there are many people around but fortunately Nayeon brought her here, so no need to get in the line.

"Hi, Nayeon and...?" A girl with bangs and ponytailed hair looks at Chaeyoung, asking for her name with her eyes.

"Chaeyoung," Chaeyoung bowed.

"And Chaeyoung. Are you here for the Art Club?" She asked again.

Chaeyoung remind silent until Nayeon tug her arm, "...I guess?"

"Okay, then. Here is the form. I'm Momo, by the way. Hirai Momo."

"Are you.."

"Yeah, that's right. I'm not korean. Japanese." Momo smiled.

"Oh," Chaeyoung smiled and begin to fill the form.

Chaeyoung stopped her writing when it comes to the options in the form;

Paintings, Sculpture, Music, and/or Dance.

Nayeon realize the look on Chaeyoung's face and started to explain, "Paintings and Sculpture are basically the same, they need silence and focus and they practice at the same room, but no when the people from sculpture branch begin to make lots of noises from the scratching something. They draw or create something, or just simply appreciating things. The music and dance are in the same room because their base are the same? But people for classical music have their own place. They compose songs, write lyrics, create dance, or..."

"Appreciating things." Chaeyoung frowned, "What if I confused wether to take Music or Painting?"

Nayeon shrugged, "Just come after school and decide."

---

Chaeyoung ran. She is late for the Art Club briefing. She didn't even have the time to take off her specs. Chaeyoung bumped to someone but she didn't have enough time to look at them so she just mumbled a sorry. Finally, she is here. Momo already stood up in front of the audiences, ready to talk but she saw Chaeyoung and smiled to her. Chaeyoung bowed, she search for Nayeon around the room and sit beside her.

"What makes you came this late?"

"I'm sorry, the English teacher wanted to see me."

Momo starting to talk about who made this club, what are they doing in Art Club, and yada yada yada. The door is opened quietly by a girl with shoulder-cut hair, awkwardly walked into the room, and a girl with long hair followed her. Chaeyoung saw her and startled, she almost fall from her chair.

"Why?" Nayeon take a look at where Chayoung is looking, "Ah! Sana! Mina!" She waved to the girls who just entered the room.

"Oh, Nayeon-ah!" The so-called Sana and Mina came to Nayeon and sit behind them, "And.. who's this new friend?"

"Sana, Mina, this is Chaeyoung," Nayeon pat the long haired girl's shoulder, "Chaeyoung, this is Sana."

They bowed to each other, but Chaeyoung just couldn't stop taking glances towards the shoulder-cut haired girl.

"This is Mina."

MinaIt fits her so well, even though there are many people who named the same, I think she will be different.

 

Chaeyoung bowed again, but towards Mina.

"Nice to meet you, the new art club member, Chaeyoung." Sana greets Chaeyoung and smiled, "Oh, you're the one who bumped into us."

"Ah.. I'm sorry, I'm late for this briefing and couldn't say sorry properly. Please take care of me." Chaeyoung smiled and take a last glance towards Mina who's giggling and staring at her right now. Chaeyoung gulped and get back to Momo's "lecture".

Even though now she couldn't focus on Momo.

---

Chaeyoung decided to join the Music from Art Club. Just because. Her excuse to let the other down just because Chaeyoung thought it will be boring and she is not that serious about paintings, even though she always loves it. Nayeon told Chaeyoung that Momo, Sana, and Mina are the coaches for the Dance and those three are from Japan, the Art Club called them Holy Trinity. For the record, Momo is the best.

But Chaeyoung doesn't care because she's taking attention to the other called Mina.

For others, Mina is just another quiet girl with surprisingly amazing dance ability. Well, they never saw Mina danced before, but what did you expect from her when she's already a coach in her own club?

 

For Chaeyoung, it is more than that even though she didn't know what is the difference between Mina and other girls. Not yet. Chaeyoung remember that Mina is the one who she saw at the cafe. The mole in Mina's nose could prove it because that is the most beautiful mark in someone's face that Chaeyoung could ever remember in her lifetime and she could never forget about it easily. Chaeyoung never thought about someone who-she even doesn't know her family's name-this much before, so its kinda weird for her. She couldn't do anything about it though. Chaeyoung yawned, probably tired because of these arguments in her brain.

Chaeyoung turned off her bedroom's light and tuck herself into the blanket. She tried to sleep but Mina's giggling voice is ringing in her head.

Oh, my. How did you do all these things?

----

It's the first official club activity for Geobjaeng-i's Art Club. Like Nayeon just said yesterday, music and dance are practicing in the same room. Chaeyoung  made a new friend, by the way. A girl with very positive vibe whose name is Dahyun. Dahyun choose music, like Chaeyoung. But, classical.

"The one who choose classical music could go to the music lab." Said Momo to the entire audience in the hall.

"I'm going." Dahyun stood up and waves to Chaeyoung and Tzuyu who waved back afterwards.

"So, for the music and dance who gathered here; the music kids could try to write a lyric based on an instrument that I will play and the dance kids could try to make a choreography for it." Momo took her phone and scrolling down for a song to play.

Turns out it was Work by Rihanna, which Chaeyoung ever listened to it before, so it's a piece of cake. She always interested in Hip-Hop/R&B so Chaeyoung decide to write a rap verse for the song.

"Dance peeps! Gather around, look at Mina for the dance reference."


Chaeyoung is triggerred, hearing Momo saying Mina's name. So she turned around, seeing Mina in the middle of a circle that dance kiddos make. Chaeyoung's brain suddenly make a friendly reminder that technically Mina is going to dance in front of her (well, not just her) for the  very first time and she couldn't get more excited. Momo took her phone, "Ready?"


Mina nodded and took her place. Right when the song started, Mina moves her body, going with the flow. Chaeyoung focused on how Mina danced to the song so effortlessly but still looks energetic and Oh my Lord, her facial expressions. Mina run her fingers through her hair, take a glance to Chaeyoung and smirked. Chaeyoung gulped, she never felt this before, but it feels amazing and making her feeling nervous as hell.

Snap!

 

Nayeon snapped her fingers in front of Chaeyoung's eyes, "What are you doing?"

 

Chaeyoung startled, "Uh.. nothing. I'm just looking for inspiration, for the lyrics."

 

"In Mina?" Nayeon smirked when Chaeyoung's eyes widen, because that means what she just said is true. 

 

Chaeyoung stood up and grabbed Nayeon's arm, lead them out of the hall. Chaeyoung didn't say anything defensive because Nayeon knows her more than anyone and besides, she is a very terrible liar. So there's no use to act defensively and her facial expressions betrayed her already.


"Really, Chaeyoung? That fast?" 

 

Chaeyoung sighed, "I don't even know what's gotten into me, okay? The last time I remember, I already hooked up with her. I don't know why, I don't even ever have a proper convo with her. If I could make it as cheesy as possible, I'd call this a destiny, because I've met her before the Art Club briefing, when I was waiting for you at the cafe. She stopped in front of my place and smiled at me and.. and I kind of having difficulties to forgot the mole in her nose. So, I'm one hundred percent sure that she is the one I saw and she's the one I wanted to asked about. "


Nayeon pretend to be shocked and closed with her hands, "Oh, my. Did my baby, Son Chaeyoung, just experienced a love at the first sight?"


___________

Ah, how's it? I don't know if it's good or bad, but thank you so much for reading this! Comment(s) and upvote(s) are very 1000x appreciated! Those little things could be my motivation to keep this going (love emoji)