Chapter 2: Your Presence

When I'm With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has already been a week since kookie started working in the company. He has somehow gotten used to the work and environment, thanks to his mentor. He was simply grateful for being ever patient with him.

That day, the big boss of the company (as known as Jong kook's dad) asked her in to his office. She got nervous suddenly after receiving the call. She was unsure why he wanted her in his office out of a sudden. She just couldn't think of any reason. Kookie saw the look of her face and he couldn't help but to ask her if anything was the matter. He decided to approach her as he tapped her shoulder from the back, without making any noise to which he got her startled unintentionally.

"Oh kookie...you scared me!"

"I'm sorry but what's wrong, Miss Jihyo? Are you okay?"

"Hmm...I just received a call from the big boss asking me to go in to his office now..."

"So what are you waiting for, Miss Jihyo? Why are you still here?"

"Well, he had never called me to talk one to one before...I heard, staffs who were usually called in are staffs whom he no longer wanted them in the company. You think i did anything wrong, kookie?"

"Relax, Miss Jihyo. You should listen to what he has to say first. I don't think he is going to fire you or anything like that. He may look fierce and all but he's actually nice, caring, and generous man!"

"How do you know all that? You know him personally, kookie?"

He started to stutter,"Me? Know the...big boss? How could it be?"

(I can't let her find out about my identity...what should i answer her...think Jong kook...think!)

Luckily, he knows what to say on the spot in case she gets suspicious. "I mean...i heard it from the others! You know how they liked to gossip around here." He lied. "Go on in, Miss Jihyo. It's going to be alright. Fighting!"

"I don't have a choice do i? Alright then...fighting!"

She then headed to the big boss office straight after that. Still as nervous as before, she plucked up her courage, took a deep breath and knocked on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter