Dirty Blue

[DISCONTINUE] Tales of Fire and Ice

WARNING: Some swearing words ahead. Please, proceed cautiously.

Yunho could only stare in confusion as Changmin crushed down and cried. Changmin was crying so miserably, Yunho had no idea what to do.

It’s not that Yunho didn’t know why. It’s more of what to do.

There were no questions needed to ask, Changmin must have been broken that, out of all people, he got to be the one matched to the Blue race. It could be obliviously seen on how Changmin didn’t come up to the stage even when Yunho already did.

Yunho understand very much to that point.

The thing was, Yunho, also didn’t expect that out of all people, he would be the one to be matched with the Red.

It’s very complicated for Yunho.

Lots of feelings exploded into Yunho, that he wasn’t sure what to react.

The first and the most complicated thing was, the crying Changmin in front of him.

Changmin, is now Yunho’s partner. Yunho’s husband. Yunho’s life colleague. And the list goes on.

But, Yunho, couldn’t even reach up to Changmin, because, it will kill both Changmin and Yunho.

Yunho, as a Blue person, gained power of cold ice and thunder. That power will be very dangerous when meeting the warm Red. The Red who over years trying to outpower Blue, but could only gained themself a warm body. Which, actually, dangerous enough to kill a Blue if they ever touched.

That’s why, every fifty years, the person who matched to the opposed race will got injection. A yearly injection so they don’t have to be afraid to touch each other anymore.

But both Yunho and Changmin haven’t received the injection, of course.

That left Yunho unable to touch Changmin, patted him on the back, calming him the way a good husband would do.

Second, Changmin is now, his husband.

A Red.

When a picture, appeared after Yunho’s picture, with a red background behind his picture, Yunho know, that the nation finally ed on Yunho’s life.

Yunho , a Blue, one of the strongest student on his military school, was matched to a weakling Red.

Or so will the Blue gossiped about for years.

Changmin still sobbed. Grieving over the fact that he was matched to a Blue.

That scenery somehow, reminded Yunho of his brokenhearted dad.

Yunho shook his head, dispelling the pathetic image from his head, and somehow, unconsciously, walking closer toward Changmin,

“Changmin...”

“STOP THERE”

“DON’T GET CLOSER NO INJECTION YET”

The two soldiers quickly blocking Yunho from getting closer, both of them raising their shockgun toward Yunho.

Yunho jolted in surprise, he then quickly composed himself and stared in annoyance toward the soldiers, “Dude, yes, I know. Take it easy. I just wanted to make sure...”

Suddenly, from afar, Yunho heard noisy voices. Yelling and grumbling upsetly.

Yunho sighed when he recognized that voice, as the voice come closer toward him and Changmin.

“ YOU ALL! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO PROHIBIT ME SEEING MY BOYFRIEND”

Lots of stepping voice come closer, when finally a figure of a male and female showed up by the hallway, followed by several soldiers.

“YUNHO” shouted the male loudly.

Yunho could only shut his eyes in respond. Somehow, wishing that this was all just dream, and Yunho will wake up, somehow, still ten years old or anything.

Far away from the place where he will be matched to his kin’s arch enemy.

“So, Yunho, this is how you repay your ‘I love you’ s that we had for THREE ING YEARS?” mocked the male who just came.

Yunho quickly shook his head, “No, Jaejoong, it is just...”

“Oh... look. The so-called-destined man is grieving for he has stole my boyfriend,” the male who name is Jaejoong, sighted Changmin and quickly walked toward him.

“Do you even know who Yunho is? Do you even know how important he is for the Blue? He, and me, is a high ranked soon-to-be Blue army, AND HE JUST HAVE TO ING MARRY A LOW BASTARD LIKE YOU, GO TO HELL!”

The room was suddenly filled with bright Blue light. Caused Changmin to finally turned toward the noises behind him, eyes widened as the light filled his sight, and then... everything happened too fast.

The Red soldier who guarded Changmin quickly put up a shield to cover Changmin from the blaze. The Blue soldier, shocked at the sudden rampage, raised his hand to fight back.

But, Yunho raised his hand earlier.

A clear crystal wall covered the space between Yunho and Jaejoong.

The female behind Jaejoong squealed in surprise, so did the soldiers who chased after Jaejoong.

Jaejoong yelped.

The crystal clear wall, was actually a thick ice formed from Yunho’s hand.

Changmin gasped in terror. His body was suddenly trickled in cold shivers.

The combination of his past trauma of the Blue power and being the only Red without protection, facing the power of Blue just in front of him.

Changmin shrieked in pain. His body fell backward, squirmed in shock of the very sudden encounter with the Blue power.

Yunho noticed this. He let off his power and ran toward Changmin.

The soldiers who chased Jaejoong, quickly caught him and tried to took him away.

Jaejoong pushed them away as soon as the soldiers caught him, but failed.

He yelled some nasty things, before he radiated in bright blue again.

“ YOU. GO AWAY. I DON’T WANT TO MARRY THIS DIRT WOMAN. I’M NOT SUPPOSED TO MARRY A DIRT. YUNHO!” Jaejoong struggled to let go of the soldiers, but the soldiers were stronger and more in number.

Somehow, the female near Jaejoong, gasped in surprise when she heard Jaejoong’s word.

“’WE WILL BE ING MATCHED TO EACH OTHER BECAUSE WE LOVE EACH OTHER’, YOUR , YUNHO. YOUR !” the soldiers finally able to dragged Jaejoong away. Followed by lots of cursing and shouting.

The female, who seems to be matched to Jaejoong, slightly hesitating, before a soldier guided her to follow him.

“ YOU. SHIM CHANGMIN. YOU AND YOUR WHOLE CURSED FAMILY . I HOPE YOU DIE IN FROZEN COLD JAIL OF BLUE!” Shouted Jaejoong more, before his voice finally left the hallway.

Changmin was still trembling, the Red soldier grabbed Changmin’s hands and enveloped it with him.

His voice could be heard, trying to soothe the scared Changmin, “Sshh...  Dear... It’s alright, Changmin dear. You will be warm again. Just hold my hand, dear, it’s alright...”

The Blue soldier was still blocking Yunho from Changmin, so Yunho could only stare in worry, again.

It was such a sudden mess, and things just about to get messier, Yunho thought while shutting his eyes. Silently wishing that what Jaejoong did caused no harm toward Changmin.

As Yunho witnessed something was quite off with the Red soldier.

“Hey? You’re beaming in Red? Just like us if we use our power?” Asked Yunho to the Red soldier.

Yunho could see the soldier nodded while facing Changmin still, “Yes. A few soldiers were gifted with the power of fire. Just like the way most of you guys are gifted with the ice power,” answered the Red soldier.

The Blue soldier stared at Yunho sternly when Yunho asked the question, but Yunho only raised his eyebrow as an answer.

Changmin’s breathe finally slowed down. His pale face finally showed colors again.

“Come on, lets avoid further disturbance and proceed toward the isolation room, both of you. Come on,” commanded the Blue soldier.

Yunho was the first to be dragged, while the Red soldier calmly helped Changmin to walk.

Changmin hugged himself in a very sad gesture. His lips were trembling and the Red soldier have to hugged him tightly, so Changmin won’t fall down.

The isolation room that the Blue soldier mentioned, turned out to be the neutral room.

From decade to decade, this room should have been used by Blue and Red couple as the waiting room. But, like the Blue soldier said, it’s more like an isolation room.

The room was actually nice. It looks like a normal living room with long sofa and a table. It’s also nicely decorated with framed pictures of the earlier Blue and Red couple. In front of the sofa was a television and a huge refrigerator next to it.

But, that’s that.

It almost seems like, the couple was forced to wait until the nation ordered them on what to do.

Yunho sighed at that thought.

After this, there won’t be anymore rest for both Changmin and him.

They will have to campaign, appear on TV, being the keynote speakers on Blue and Red conference, and so on.

They will be a peace icon. Being followed everywhere and interviewed nonstop.

Their life will always be the spotlight of the nation for 50 years... if they haven’t died yet before that.

When Yunho entered the room, it feels like all his tiredness finally worn off. His body temperature drop down to normal. And... for the first time in that day, Yunho feel fresh.

The same effect could be soon on Changmin, who seems to be relieved as the warmth seeping into his body again.

Changmin crashed his body into the sofa, while both soldiers walked off from the room.

“We’ll be outside, if you guys need anything. You may eat, watch TV, rested, making love or whatever, except doing anything dangerous. Both of you are powerless here, so you may touch each other,” explained the Blue soldier.

Both Yunho and Changmin were somehow, too tired to respond on the Blue soldier implication of his words.

“Please wait for further instruction. While at that, have a rest,” continued the Blue soldier, and closed the door as the Red soldier finally stepped outside.

Silent.

For some minutes, there were only sounds of breathing and engine, probably from the refrigerator.

Yunho thought that Changmin was probably asleep, when he then heard Changmin asking,

“What did that Jaejoong guy called his wife?”

Yunho turned toward Changmin, “What?”

“Jaejoong. What did he called his wife? Dirty? He called his wife dirty? That’s his wife, the female who followed him, right? Must be!” Changmin continued asking.

Yunho shut his eyes. Oh, no. This is why marrying someone from opposing race is worse... Can I not explain this thing?

Yunho hesitated a bit, before he finally answered, “He didn’t called Yoona, the female who followed him, dirty,” Yunho said. Kind off defending his boyfriend, ex-boyfriend to be precise.

Before Changmin interrupted, Yunho quickly said, “He called her ‘Dirt’. It’s... a term for a Blue who didn’t have any power...” whispered Yunho.

Changmin raised an eyebrow, before he finally shouted, “Yeah! Great! I married a husband who differentiate his own race! Such a nice day!” exclaimed Changmin in mocking voice.

“Hey? I wasn’t the one who build wall and left their own people OUTSIDE their bull peaceful community to survive on a wilderness!” Yunho said mocking back at the Red.

“So am i! I haven’t born yet that time, thank you!” Changmin replied quickly in annoyance.

Yunho was very surprised by Changmin’s wit. He turned speechless, so he randomly stare toward the earlier Blue and Red couples pictures on the room.

Yunho stared at one of the couple picture, pointed it, and then said, “I know who you are,”

Changmin however, still hurt by the new fact he gained of Blue, didn’t bother to turned toward Yunho to see what he meant, and only said, “Everyone who watched the TV yesterday know who am I,”

Yunho raised his eyebrow, “What?” he then noticed that Changmin didn’t look at what Yunho pointing at, “No, no. It’s not that. I TRULY know who you are,”

“That... the last Red and Blue couple are your grandparents, right? Your grandmother, the Blue one, she was supposed to be...” Yunho then realized that not only Changmin didn’t facing him, Changmin was also completely ignoring him.

Thus somehow, caused Yunho to glared upsetly, “Wait. Kid. Listen to me,”

“I know it’s upsetting fate that you had. Being matched to a Blue and whatsoever. But, listen, you aren’t the only one to suffer,”

Changmin was still giving no sign of listening.

Annoyed, Yunho stood up from his seat, and started to yelled a bit, “So, Kid. Here is the fact. Me, Jung Yunho, I was supposed to be the youngest person ever to hold the highest position on military. I’m supposed to lead a squadron, and should I marry Jaejoong, my heir line will be granted..”

Changmin huge sigh caused Yunho to stopped talking.

“Oh my God, this kiddy. Hey, dude,” Yunho reached Changmin’s shoulder, trying to get his attention, when suddenly Changmin snapped.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!”

Changmin pushed Yunho away, crushing Yunho back into the sofa.

Changmin stood up, he stare toward Yunho, eyes filled with anger.

“Yeah. Okay! Cry all you want! Mourn your upcoming heir line who failed to get their trophy or whatsoever! What do you know, about my life, Jung Yunho? What but my grandmother was from Blue? Or that you knew my name because of yesterday TV news?”

Changmin walked closer toward Yunho, pointing toward him in intimidating gesture, “Your people, Yunho, your people, they rejected my grandparents attempt on peace between us by killing them. By killing my grandparents...”

BY KILLING MOM MIYOUNG WHO'D BEEN BEARING ME FOR NINE MONTHS IN FRONT OF MY EYES!”

Changmin last words were shouted throughout the room.

It somehow made the room trembles from the anger that Changmin had been hiding...

For several painful years...

For all the nightmare he had everytime after witnessing his beloved mother death.

For living in trauma everytime lightning strike on a stormy night and for the damage the incident caused to his other mother.

Yunho pressed his lips, unable to say anything in return, and only stare toward Changmin’s angry eyes in hesitation.

Yunho decided to just turn away and forget all plan he had to attempt a conversation with Changmin.

Not only that, Changmin’s shouting somehow remind him of his mother...

Yunho shook his head.

On the other side, Changmin also turned away. Sitting on the other end of the sofa and hugging himself tightly.

Silently wishing that he could ask the Red soldier to come inside and share him some of his body warmth, again.

Before finally Changmin started sobbing.

And so did Yunho at the other end of the sofa.

Yunho couldn’t really imagine on how will the future be.

As they probably had to pretend being a happy couple and all.

For, they probably, will never find love between them self.

A/N: Hii! Sorry for the VERY late update >< first I was having an exam. When my exam finished, I was sick T_T i'm writing this while I'm sick, and that's my terrible excuse for this terrible chapter T_T So sorry. I hope you guys will read my story still. Since holiday come, I'm planning on a new series and also a one shot. I hope you enjoy this story. Thank you for reading~ and thank you for rinonori for correcting some of my sentences ^^