The Wed Ceremony

[DISCONTINUE] Tales of Fire and Ice

If everyone seems to be celebrating as this day come, Changmin was the complete opposite.

The first thing mom Taeyeon did as soon as Changmin wake up was putting concealer to cover the dark circles under Changmin’s eyes.

“Don’t. Put it too much...” muttered Changmin when Taeyeon adding another layer of makeup into his face.

When Mr. Jungsoo arrived, he didn’t even helped with his comment, at least for Taeyeon.

“Err... You know... Taeyeon dear... I mean... Changmin is already handsome and he looks just as handsome with all those make up but... isn’t that too much?” Jungsoo commented with a frown on his forehead.

Changmin tried very hard to hide his relieved feelings, when Taeyeon finally removed the excessive make up on Changmin’s face while grunting about “Man... they will never understand fashion,”

It didn’t end there. Apparently, Changmin still have to face the shower of praises from both Jungsoo and Taeyeon.

“Isn’t he as handsome as me?” Praised Mr. Jungsoo as his hands busy caressing the purple suit that Changmin wear.

The suit used to be Mr. Jungsoo’s. It’s a very formal suit, along with a long purple bow on the neck.

Taeyeon said Changmin looks sweet wearing that, but Changmin thought he looks like a walking candy floss.

“Nope, he looks like Miyoung more than you,” argued mom Taeyeon.

The argument went for several minutes, before they finally let Changmin went to the town hall.

Mr. Jungsoo hugged Changmin tightly. He patted Changmin on the back, then caressed Changmin’s mouth, as if asking Changmin to smile.

“It will be a good day, I promise you,” whispered Mr. Jungsoo.

Changmin gulped. He looked straight toward Mr. Jungsoo, wishing that by doing it, he’ll look ready instead of dead nervous.

Mr. Jungsoo, thankfully, seems to didn’t notice Changmin’s tensing body.

Mr. Jungsoo patted Changmin on the head, before mom Taeyeon rushed Changmin with kisses on the face.

“Mine...” mumbled mom Taeyeon.

“No matter what happened today... Changmin... you are mine...”  Taeyeon said, ending her “kissing” shower with a simple peck on the cheek.

Changmin nodded. Without noticing it, his hands gripping harder on Taeyeon’s hands.

Taeyeon caressed it softly, “It means that if anything wrong happening to you, they have to face me first before they hurt you...” Taeyeon smiled childishly.

Changmin nodded again.

He silently wished that, if only his mother know, that his worry all along was... that Changmin was afraid if he’s gonna be matched to a blue...

Which is much worse actually, than being assigned as seeder.

Of course Changmin never told mom Taeyeon about his daily nightmare.

Taeyeon only knew that there was something wrong with Changmin and that’s how Mr. Jungsoo find out, so Changmin had to tell Mr. Jungsoo.

Changmin quickly steal a glare to Mr. Jungsoo. Of course Mr. Jungsoo wouldn’t tell his mom about his nightmare, right?

After another “good luck”s and “see you soon”s, Changmin finally able to went to the City Hall in peace.

Changmin took a deep breath as he stepped outside his home.

The road was already filled with teenagers on his age.

All of them dressed nicely, as if there was some fairy-tale like ball party going on tonight.

Except, the party won’t be happening at night, but this afternoon.

And for some person, the story won’t ended like fairy tale.

Especially the one that will be matched with a Blue.

Changmin shivered on that thought.

He hugged his body as he walked toward the bus stop.

Changmin could hear all other people chatting cheerfully around him.

Most of them were chatting happily. The topic surrounded around about the upcoming ceremony, of course.

“Do you know that the Choi corporation heirs is also nineteen years old? What do you think if I were to be matched to him?” say a high pitched voice, who say it while half squealing.

The other replied with a complaint, “No, no, no. That kind of man won’t marry someone whose body is as flat as yours! At least, I got the booty!” answered another voice.

Slapping voices with laughs could be heard soon. Probably, their friend were jokingly slapping the friend’s butts.

Changmin’s face flushed red at that thought.

“You guys should stop watching a gossip show! Me and my parents, on the contrary, watched yesterday news instead,”  said a new boasting voice.

“I watched it too! Yesterday, they interviewed the co-founder of BRIM...”

A loud “ewww” could suddenly be heard.

Changmin’s face was heating because of that.

“Eww” of course, is the normal reaction if you heard the word BRIM.

A peace between Blue and Red, should always be considered as a joke.

And an impossible dream.

“Did you know... I heard the grandson of BRIM founder is also nineteen this year...”

“Ewww... what? No one want to be matched to such person,”

“No way! The grandson of BRIM founder, right? I hope whoever it is, will be matched to a Blue, if he is a Red...”

Changmin couldn’t hold it anymore. He quicken his step toward the bus stop.

He could feel tears pooling on his eyes, when he suddenly hit someone.

“Oh!” gasped Changmin.

“Ah! Sorry, I didn’t notice the road...” said the person softly.

When Changmin looked at the person, he almost feel bad, as it was a girl who is a lot shorter than him.

The girl smiled shyly, as she was tidying her dress.

“It’s alright, I also should have watched my step...” Changmin said, still feeling bad because he kinda ruined her dress.

The girl only giggled at that.

“The name is Choi Jinri, who are you?” asked the girl, seems to be not bothered by the fact that her dress looks scrunched because of Changmin.

“Changmin...” Changmin answered carefully. He slightly wished that the guys who were badtalking about his biological grandparents were not around anymore to hear that he IS the grandson they were talking about.

“Hi, Changmin. Going to the Wed Ceremony too?” Jinri asked, quite unnecessary as it seems that anyone who going out that day, must be going to Wed Ceremony.

Changmin only nodded as an answer.

Both Changmin and Jinri then walked together in silent.

Changmin drowning on his thought, while Jinri seems to be staring at something.

When Changmin looked at what Jinri was staring to, Changmin raised his eyebrow.

It was Jung Soojung in front of them. Followed by groups of people, who seemed to be her fans.

Yes, fans. Soojung is a famous rock singer at their country.

She is still young, yet, she managed to snatched some success on such a young age.

There wouldn’t be a day where teenagers like Changmin don’t listen to Soojung’s song.

Changmin didn’t quite expected that the singer leave around his neighborhood, though.

Jinri sighed at that scene, “She is nineteen too, this year. Do you know?”

Changmin stared slightly toward Jinri.

“Soojung is. She is nineteen like us...” Jinri continued.

“I’ve always have a crush on her. We are going into the same school too... my mom know her mom, said they used to be dating each other before my mom matched into someone else at Wed Ceremony. It broke Soojung’s mom heart. They are still pretty much in contact though. My mom and Soojung’s. Such a sad story, right?” said Jinri.

Still better than being matched to a Blue... Changmin thought.

“And now I also have crush on her... My mom was very happy about it. If only I were actually to be matched with her... hopefully I will...” Jinri muttered. Seems to be not caring anymore if Changmin actually listen to her or not.

Changmin listened, though. Halfheartedly.

He slightly feel jealous that Jinri have someone that she wanted.

Unlike him.

Unlike Changmin who didn’t know who he wanted to be his partner.

Who didn’t have crush on anyone yet.

In normal circumstance, he would just consider himself still too young to like anyone.

But, with him being matched today, with someone will be paired with a Blue,

With Changmin not knowing if he likes anyone...

Changmin could only hope that his worst case is to be assigned as seeder.

Jinri turned out to be very talkative. Along the road, she talked about how her mom hated her father very much before, but now they couldn’t imagine their life without each other.

“Mom didn’t want to have child with my father for ten years! Ten years into their marriage and they still have no children!” Jinri laughed.

Changmin tried to respond with a polite smile. At least, Jinri’s story distracted his mind from the upcoming Wed Ceremony.

When they finally arrived at the City Hall...

It was very... crowded. If not chaotic.

A sudden blue lightning into the empty sky. Followed by laughs.

Changmin froze. So did the other Red.

“NO POWER USAGE IS ALLOWED OR WE WILL SEND YOU GUYS TO ISOLATION ROOM!” shouted a heavy voice.

A group of Blue teens suddenly jumped over the bus that Changmin took earlier, they ran away from, whoever voice was that come from, while mocking toward the Red who just came.

In front of the City Hall, groups of soldiers, from both side of Red and Blue, were already lining up. Separating between the Red rows and Blue rows.

The Blue soldiers were radiating in slightly Blue light. They stare sternly toward the Blue teens, so they won’t dare to attempt using their power.

While most of the Blue teens were pointing toward the Red, and laughed mockingly.

The Red only able to glare back, or ignoring them with head dropped down.

Afraid if a Blue will actually, accidentally or not, used their power.

Jinri looks just as nervous when she suddenly realized a huge bunches of Blue standing in front of them.

Of course, because of the fifty-years-celebration and the fact that they will have a couple paired from both side, this year Wed Ceremony had both Blue and Red side matched together on the same place.

For Red, and for Changmin, it’s the equal of terror.

Both Changmin and Jinri proceeded to the Red row, face still stiffened from the sudden realization that the Blue, were just couple meters away from them.

The scenery filled with high tension, except from Blue sides who seemed to be enjoying the day they finally able to talk down about Red right in front of them.

Changmin tried his hardest to ignore all the shoutings from the Blue.

Jinri seemed to be very nervous, that she hit the person in front of her.

“Oh, sorry...” whispered Jinri shyly.

The person in front of her, turned away, and looked toward Jinri.

It was Soojung.

Jinri “hit” on Soojung.

Soojung smiled sweetly, calming the scared Jinri while at that.

“It’s alright. They are scary... right? Those bullies...” Soojung whispered toward Jinri.

Jinri nodded, “Yeah, they are...”

Changmin, the complete opposite though, still feel pressed by the attendance of Blue just near of him.

The line was quickly proceeding into the City Hall.

The soldiers did a good job though, of separating both Blue and Red.

The Wed Ceremony staff also did a neat job on registering all the teenagers who were going to be matched.

“Hello, dear. What’s your name?” said the registering staff sweetly toward Changmin.

Changmin nervousness slowly swept away thanks to the nice service the staff offered.

“Changmin, Shim Changmin,” Changmin replied softly.

“Such a nice name, Shim Changmin is...” said the staff nicely.

Changmin smiled warmly thanks to him.

The staff gave him the usual pack for those who going to be matched.

Mr. Jungsoo had told Changmin that it will consisted of a box of ring, flowers bouquet, and the wedding vow text.

Behind the wedding vow text was the seeder/keeper vow text. In case if they were actually assigned as seeder or keeper instead.

Changmin then quickly proceeding into City Hall’s auditorium.

The City Hall is the biggest building of the already small country. So, it could easily fit all the Blue and Red who were having their Wed Ceremony.

It was very spacious when there were only Red. So, the addition of Blue is nothing for the City Hall’s auditorium.

A staff appointed Changmin to sit on the section “C”.

All people were apparently, seated according to their name.

Of course Blue and Red were seated separately.

Inside, it seems that the tense of having both side gathered together at one place has already forgotten.

Group of people next to Changmin, was already chattering cheerfully about who they will be assigned with.

Though, along with the cheerful chats, was a silent wish that they, won’t be matched with a Blue.

Finally, all of them realized that, they could be a someone, who will be matched to another side that aren’t theirs.

After a while, finally, a male and female stepped on the stage.

The male was Red’s mayor, Yoo Heeyeol. He looks calm and warm next to the stiff and cold Blue’s female mayor, Ra Miran.

The Blue shouted in amazement for their mayor, while the Red calmly claps hands.

“We won’t take long to talk,” said mayor Heeyeol, while bowing politely toward mayor Miran.

“As you guys know, this year Wed Ceremony will have a couple come from Blue and Red side...” continued mayor Miran.

A disappointed shoutings came along with mayor Miran announcement, that she had to raise her hand.

“We wish that this couple who came from both side, will be able to bring peace to both side, like what already happened in the past,” continued mayor Miran.

“Now, let just us quickly have our Wed Ceremony, begin today,” said mayor Miran finally.

“I wish you guys all good luck. And I hope we will all be able to have a proper lunch with a people that we love, this afternoon,” continued mayor Heeyeol.

With that, both of them cut a long ribbon at the middle of the stage, turned the huge screen above them, on.

Changmin could only stare nervously, while cold sweats break on his forehead.

The Wed Ceremony, has begin.