A Midnight Breeze

[DISCONTINUE] Tales of Fire and Ice

Changmin woke up in a jolt. Drops of sweats wet his body, caused his hair to be soaked. A single tear escaped his eye as he closed his mouth with his hand, blocking the scream which about to leaks.

Not this nightmare again. Changmin thought as he shivered terrifiedly.

Changmin had dream continuously of this: At a very dark night. With no moon neither stars in sight. Being chased by a person, so cold, trapped Changmin under his force, before burning Changmin to a very painful death.

A dream so vivid that left Changmin awake with aches lingering still around his body.

A dream that forced Changmin to wake in shock while screaming his utmost in pain.

No, this isn’t happening again. Changmin rejected. More tears escaped from his eyes, as he trembled and panted fearfully. Hearts wrenched in painful aches as he could still remember every bits, every detail of his dark dream. Caused Changmin’s hands to unconsciously hugs his wide shoulders, trying to protect himself.

Changmin know very well of why this dream happened every night. Plus the reason why it’s non-stopping.

As their annual tradition, the whole country will soon celebrates the Wed Ceremony on it’s year end. Wed Ceremony is an annual ceremony to match two people who reached 19 years old and make them a couple. It might sounds that they are forced to marry each other, well, for most of part, they are.

However, the Red people, Changmin’s people, had ease this rule, and most young generation now mostly will be matched with their current boyfriend or girlfriend.

That. If they already had favoring on other person.

The problem is: Changmin just hit 19, several months ago, and didn’t have anyone that he liked, yet. In the romantical way, especially.

That could actually be easily solved, as Changmin might found his “matched” pair as a kind and loyal person.

If not only they, coincidentally, currently celebrating the fifty years mark of undergoing peace between Changmin’s people, Red, and the more rebellious opposition side, of Blue.

Changmin shivered again and shut his eyes close at the thought of Blue.

The fifty years mark means, someone will be paired with a Blue person.

Which mean: Changmin’s nightmare, has a chance to come true.

Changmin shook his head.

No, Changmin. Be positive. It’s one out of one hundreds chance that it will happen to you. Such a small chance you have. Changmin convinced himself.

Only to be disturbed by a sudden terrifying image of a blazing blue light, went over Changmin’s head.

Such a cold and horrifying blue power which went just slightly over Changmin.

Before it hits on one of his beloved mother, Hwang Miyoung.

Changmin shut his eyes tighter.

He can’t... he can’t suddenly remembering his own mother brutal dead at time like this.

Changmin knocked his head with his own fist. Cursed on himself, suggesting himself to back to his sleep.

But he couldn’t.

At the very last, Changmin could only try to hold his sobbing. Trying not to wake his other mother, the very beloved Kim Taeyeon, who had lost half of her insanity due to the accident several years ago.

Changmin took a deep breath.

The impending year end and Wed Ceremony is coming in a three days.

Even then, Changmin still struggle not to be bothered by the thought and his daily nightmare, on being matched to a violent Blue.